Author Thread: We should be like our brother Stephen
Admin

We should be like our brother Stephen
Posted : 5 Nov, 2011 09:22 AM

And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and signs among the people.

�Acts 6:8

Stephen, one of the unsung heroes of the church, was a young man with so much promise in his life. Because of his faithfulness, he was selected to be a deacon in the early church.

Many probably thought that Stephen had a great ministry ahead of him, because he was only a young man. But because of his preaching, he was called before the Jewish Sanhedrin to give an account. Now the Sanhedrin was sort of like the Supreme Court of that day. Its members were very powerful men. They did not like Stephen's preaching about Jesus Christ as the Messiah, and they called him to account for it.

Now if Stephen had been careful, he could have gone home for dinner that night. But instead, this young man saw the possibilities of reaching the Sanhedrin with the gospel. The Bible says that his face shined like that of an angel (see Acts 6:15), and he began to preach to them. But as Stephen preached they became so outraged, they decided to execute him. So they stoned him to death. And even as his young life was being drained from him, he cried out, "Lord, do not charge them with this sin" (Acts 7:60).

I believe it was the testimony of Stephen that brought Saul of Tarsus (later Paul), under the conviction of the Holy Spirit. For right on the heels of Stephen's martyrdom, Saul went out to hunt down Christians.

Here is what we need to remember: We don't know how long our life will last. We all have a task to complete, a calling to fulfill. And the length of our lives is not determined by genes or statistics, but by God. So our objective should be to stay on course and do what God has set before us.

By Greg Laury

elishabroadway

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Nov, 2011 01:29 AM

Reformrs are crazy just the name of the do called "church exposes itsself" they do not believe the word of God to be true and they do not take it litarly , it seems like the girl above agreed with the thread earlier that denied the virgin birth and the real bodily physical resurection of Christ... Paul said if Christ be not risen then I of all then am most miserable.

They want to twist the bible to say what they want it to say or not say to suit there life styles and their unbelief and then call people who believe God is who he says he is and believe every word to be true a heritic.. its funny kind of really PJ dont worry about being called names the truth is the truth and no amount of twisting it will make it not the truth God doesnt need any help conveying his word to us he doesnt neen people to decide which parts are true and which parts arent, all he needs is us to trus him enough to believe what he says and he ability to say it righ thte first time, ask God to help you with your doubt and unbelief and he will help you I promise ... That form of Godlieness is going toget alot of people in trouble and highmindedness preevents God from doing what he wants to do in your life its pride and its where most sin comes from.. ask for humility he will give ot to you then lay down your doubt and own understanding then youll be on your way to knowing the truth

dljrn04

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Nov, 2011 02:28 AM

When stubborn, unregenerate, prideful, non repentant, and sinful humans believe we who have violated God�s Moral laws have the right, and a free will, to override God and choose Him and grant ourselves salvation, we make ourselves a God, because we believe we can checkmate God and that He doesn�t have the power to do anything about it. Nor would He be Sovereign with the power to choose whom He wants to save. When one believes he or she can checkmate God they are on VERY dangerous ground.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Nov, 2011 06:17 AM

I love you my sister Donna.:hearts:

Our churches are full of thorns. Our God Jesus said that it will be until the Judgement day.

That's why our enemies are even christians in churches.

Amazing.

Donna, be ready to see it.

They are part of the local churches, but they have never belonged to the Church of God that's why they will be judged by God and cast out to the lake of fire.

What is the difference between thorns, goats, dogs and the sheep of God?

Jusus will judge us all. But dogs will be outside of the New Jerusalem. Because they were not born of God!!!!!

That's why Donna be FAITHFUL to our Lord Jesus obeying Him and loving people. Those who love people, are born of God.

elishabroadway

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Nov, 2011 06:43 AM

There is no doubt that God calls us to the alter but we still have to do the repenting.. are you saying you dont have to repent? are you saying that God chooses people randomly and then just decides to save them?

Jesus work at the cross was complete nut the bible is clear on the plan of salvstion amd it involves repentence that means asking forgivness and then turning from it and God gave us free will he will never force his self on us. He wants us to choose him but he isnt going to make us choose him, if that were true there would be no need for hell? is it your opinion then also that no one will go to hell? Because the bible says it is His will the none should perish so if he forces his will on us then we would all have eternal life but since the bible also says (and this is just one of the many exampls) that all liars will find there place in the lake of fire if God forced his will on us that none should perish and all liars will find there self in the lake of fire then the bible is a contridiction and that is herrasy.. People take scripture out of context and twist it to make it say whaever they want it to say, The world is full of false gods and ildols and people that worship them so is it your opinion that if God decides to save one of them then they can continue in their idol worship and still make heaven? or do you believe in heaven at all? Please give me some scripture that backs up this theory that God just decides to save people and they have no choice in the matter.. God did not create robots and Paul called himself a bond servent that is someone who makes the CHOICE to serve their master. How does that fit in? I think this theory was developed so people could live like they want to and not have to face Gods judgement

dljrn04

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Nov, 2011 11:56 AM

Romans 1:1 Paul, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, CALLED to be an apostle, separated to the gospel of God 2 which He promised before through His prophets in the Holy Scriptures

As Paul was called so are all God's children. I love him because he first set his love on me. Outside of God there is no way any one can come to God unless he is called. You hav3e nothing in yourself to offer God. If you love him you will keep his commandments, because he wrote them on your heart.

elishabroadway

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Nov, 2011 12:09 PM

We are called I agree but we must act on the call just because he is calling that does not save a person the must repent to be saved, Paul chose to walk upright and do the work of the Lord.. God calls us yes but we have got to choose to submit to his call

elishabroadway

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Nov, 2011 12:19 PM

Paul chose to be a bondservent then he was CALLED TO BE AN APOSTLE.. its very clear bondslaves choose their master.. You most certainly can choose who you serve sd evidence by Elijah on Mt Carmel when he said "choose ye this day whom you will serve If God be God then follow him if Baal be god then follow him" Let the God who answers by fire let him be the God .. this may not be word for word but its close and it is an example of there being a choice to be made.. THe God of Abraham or Baal.. Nothing has changed God says I am the same yesterday today and forever so if they could choose him then we can choose him.. opinions are just opinions if its someones opinion that thinking you can makr a choice with the free will God gave us means we are making ourself God then thats their opinion it does not make it the word of God in fact its completly contraryto what the eord says. You can take out bits and pircrs and twist them to say what you want it to say. You can not live life however you want and still inherit the kingdom this is a lie the devil tells so that people wil think its ok to act on their fleshly desires

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Nov, 2011 01:01 PM

If you do not proclaim that all are chosen you do not have a gospel to the lost.

2nd Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

2nd Cor 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

2nd Cor 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2nd Cor 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ�s stead, be ye reconciled to God.

2nd Cor 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

This is the church's message to the lost come for you have already been accepted.

dljrn04

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Nov, 2011 01:10 PM

I agree totally elisha

since when do you believe in God choosing pj you have called me a demon for years for saying that, now all of a sudden you agree. who are you and what did you do with pj the prideful contentious one that bashes everyone who does not agree with him.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Nov, 2011 01:25 PM

No i have never one ti,e called you a demon and never will. but it is a product of those that are used to having the word of God twisted so that they put their own meaning.

You assume I do not agree with the word of God, I do not accept Reformation theology.

Page : 1 2 3