Author Thread: Can Jesus Come At Any Moment?
Admin

Can Jesus Come At Any Moment?
Posted : 5 Jan, 2011 01:31 PM

Jesus told us in Matthew 24, no one will know the day or hour. He didn't say we were not know the season or year.

By believing the 3rd temple will be rebuilt and scarifices started soon and believe The seven years of tribulation Jesus spoke about, if will know the countdown to Jesus's return. it is not just any seven years, it will begin in the beginning of a Sabbath year. Researchers have determined that the next Sabbath year will begin in 2017. If nothing significant happens before then in Israel, then you simply add seven years again.

Matthew chapter twenty-four has been a difficult chapter for many Christians to understand, even for seasoned theologians. A frequently asked question concerning this chapter is Christ's declaration that a generation should not pass until all the things (which He had talked about) would be fulfilled. The question I hear a lot is, "how could all those things that Christ had spoken about, be fulfilled before that generation had passed?"

Matthew 24:33-34

"So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2011 08:08 PM

Again, "For John truly baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now. When the disciples had come together with Jesus, they asked of Him, Lord, will You restore the kingdom of Israel at this time?

And Jesus said to them IT IS NOT FOR YOU TO KNOW THE TIMES OR THE SEASONS, WHICH THE FATHER HAS PUT IN HIS OWN POWER!

can't add to this because its very clear. God has never intended for us to know when Jesus will return, but He has purposed for us to be ready and fulfill His Commsion to GO preach and teach the gospel of His Son Jesus Christ!

First and Second Thessalonians amkes it even clearer...

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2011 10:20 PM

You just need to be ready, Regardless of when He comes, You don't know when you will die! It may be right after you read this! Our life is but a vapor! So get you ready!

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jan, 2011 12:44 PM

ET

Acts 1:7 NIV says 7 He said to them: �It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. KJV says seasons so maybe seasons and dates or date settings could mean either.

This scripture makes me thing of this one, But you, Daniel, close up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge." Daniel 12:4

Jesus knew in Acts that his time of earth was near and he had many things to finish and explain to his apostles and his second coming was not needed to be known at that time.

By believing that the last 3 feasts below has not been fulfilled will tell us, that they will be fulfilled in the fall feasts. It also has been proven that Jesus was born in this period, not in the winter, that I posted awhile ago. My personal conclusion and it is not a prediction because it could be sooner, because all things must be fulfilled before he comes, if we believe that we are living in the last days which most Christians believe, on 2030 would be the end of a Sabbath year and we would be now celebrating Jesus generation 2000 years later with the last generation. Just my opinion, It is just part of God�s 7000 years plan for mankind!

And yes, I agree we need to stay focus, just as Jesus wanted the disciples to do before he ascended, build his Kingdom because the Jesus is coming back real soon!

Acts 1:6-11 They were earnest in asking about that which their Master never had directed or encouraged them to seek. Our Lord knew that his ascension and the teaching of the Holy Spirit would soon end these expectations, and therefore only gave them a rebuke; but it is a caution to his church in all ages, to take heed of a desire of forbidden knowledge. He had given his disciples instructions for the discharge of their duty, both before his death and since his resurrection, and this knowledge is enough for a Christian. It is enough that He has engaged to give believers strength equal to their trials and services; that under the influence of the Holy Spirit they may, in one way or other, be witnesses for Christ on earth, while in heaven he manages their concerns with perfect wisdom, truth, and love. When we stand gazing and trifling, the thoughts of our Master's second coming should quicken and awaken us: when we stand gazing and trembling, they should comfort and encourage us. May our expectation of it be stedfast and joyful, giving diligence to be found of him blameless.

Biblical Calendar 7th month 15th day = Sept-Oct (The day changes every year just like the other feasts like the days we celebrate Easter, the first 3 feasts. Jewish faith do not celebrate Easter. I will post more on the feasts soon.

Feast of Trumpets, The Day of Atonement and Feast of Tabernacles (Not fulfilled) are all Fall Festivals starting Tishrei 1 through 21 or Sept/Oct depending on the year we are in.

Most Christians don�t celebrate the fall Feasts but the Jewish faith does.

Feast of Tabernacles (Not fulfilled) The Millenium

"For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven." -2 Corinthians 5:1-2

"Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, the fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the feast of tabernacles for seven days unto the Lord." -Leviticus 23:34

"Thou shalt observe the feast of tabernacles seven days, after that thou hast gathered in thy corn and thy wine." -Deuteronomy 16:13

The Feast of Tabernacles or the festival of "Booths," occurs for seven days, from Tishrei 15 to 21. There is therefore a quick transition from the high holidays, with their somber mood of repentance and judgment, to a holiday of rejoicing and celebration, for which the people are commanded to build a hut and make it their home. The Bible identifies

the booth with the temporary dwellings in which the Israelites lived in the wilderness after they left Egypt on their way to the Promised Land (Leviticus 23:42).

UNDERSTANDING THE FEAST OF TABERNACLES

The Feast of Tabernacles completes the sacred festivals of the seventh month. In contrast to the somber tone of Rosh HaShanah and the Day of Atonement, the third feast of Tishrei was a time of joy. Israel had passed through the season of repentance and redemption.

The Feast of Tabernacles is called the "Season of Our Joy." One reason the Feast of Tabernacles was a time of joy was that after the season of repentance and the redemption of Yom Kippur came the joy of knowing your sins were forgiven and the joy of walking with God, knowing God, and

being obedient to God. Historically, the Feast of Tabernacles commemorates the days in the wilderness of Sinai after coming out of Egypt. According to all natural laws, the Israelites should have perished, but were instead divinely protected by God. Prophetically, the Feast of Tabernacles is the festival that teaches on the Messianic

Kingdom and the joy of that Kingdom.

1The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 2Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. 3Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. Revelation 1: 1-3

And he said to me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near Revelation 22:10

He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit said to the churches; He that overcomes shall not be hurt of the second death. Revelation 2:11

Some of the wise will stumble, so that they may be refined, purified and made spotless until the time of the end, for it will still come at the appointed time.Daniel 11:35

Blessings for God's Truths

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jan, 2011 07:51 PM

If I understand correctly, you are saying that those who are sinners and physically die are resureected and given a second chance? If that is what you mean I must emphatically disagree.

The Bible says that you will die once, and then the judgement. There is no chance after you die. You make your choice here on earth before you die, either Heaven or Hell! Jesus Christ died to make a way for us, and we can either to choose to accept and obey God and be saved, or choose to ignore and trample over God's mercies and be lost and go to Hell. You have one chance! That is all, This is scriptural.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jan, 2011 07:58 PM

Actually according to scripture some will die twice. As for what happens to a individual between bodily death and the judgement, scripture doesn't really nail this down.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jan, 2011 08:49 PM

Can you please provide a scripture where some will die twice? Thank you

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jan, 2011 11:04 PM

Rev 2:11, 20:6, 20:14, 21:8

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jan, 2011 09:25 AM

NCW,

I'm sorry, I'm just gettin back to this. I also would like for you to know I respect your thought and passion for God's word. BUT, you know, sometimes we can try and READ and INTERPRET too much into God's word, and get our little finite minds all confused and then we become dull to what God reveals to us through His Holy Spirit. Only because we have our OWN thoughts that make us feel good inside about what the word is saying, and what we think it is not saying.

Mark teaches us to READ WITH UNDERSTANDING what Daniel is saying. I have studied the book of Daniels with many good teachers of the word, and I can't remember or recall any of them relating the Jewish feast or the time or seasons as to being prophecy, as to when Jesus will return. Of course, some of the feast are related to the finish works of Jesus on the cross and all are related to worship with thanksgiving to God.

God gave Moses seven sacred festival He wanted the Jews to observe when they came out of Egypt and the wilderness, which represented thier worship and thanks to God for their deliverance. Now I might have this all wrong, and I stand to be corrected... but I can't see anywhere that these feast represented or predicted the coming of the Lord. But I do see them representing the finished works of the Lord. And I don;t understand how you can say that some of these feast have not been fulfilled?

I had to get my book out about the feast. lol

This is what I have gathered about the feast, and they are practiced at their appointed time to this day by many of the Jews all over the world.

1. The Passover, or it is also called The Feast of Unleavened Bread was established BEFORE the law was given to celebrate the Exodus from Egypt. And it begans on the 14th day of Nissan, and continued for weeks. You can find this in Leviticus chapter 23.

2. The Feast of Pentacost or sometimes it is called The Feast of Works was celebrated 50 days after the Passover and marked the completion of the wheat harvest, at which time two loaves of bread made from the new grain were oddered to God. You can find this in Deuteronomy chapter 16.

3. The Feast of TRUMPETS (which you referred to as not being fulfilled) Is sometimes called the New Moon was held on the first day of the seventh month (October), and began the civil year of the Jews. You can find this in Leviticus chapter 23. (side note: and the trumpet will sound when Jesus returns)

4. The Feast of the Day of Atonement was observed 10 days later as a day of national pentience and mourning. The high priest confessed the sins of the community, and entered into the Most Holy Place with the blood of the offering to make atonement for the people. Also found in Leviticus chapter 23.

5. The Feast of TABERNACLES was the last of the feast prescribed by the LAW. It began 5 days after the Day of Atonement. Also in Leviticus chapter 23 and Deuteronomy chapter 16. This feast commemorated the entrance into the Promised Land after the wandering in the wilderness.

6. The Feast of Lights originated with the cleaning of the Temple under the Maccabeesm and was observed for 8 days, beginning with the 25th day of Kislev (December)

7. The Feast of Purim was a memorial to the deliverance of the Jews by Ester from the plot of Harman. This can be found in Ester chapter 9.

I am confused as to how you have come up within your thoguhts these things about Jesus' return based on the feast, yet you don't believe that Jesus was teaching us that His return should not be our concern, but for us to only watch and pray and be ready. Help a sista out up in herrrr...:winksmile:

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jan, 2011 09:36 AM

Here is sometime else for edification...

Four of the feast have already been fulfill, and three have not.

The Passover or Unleavened Bread speaks about our redemption which was accomplished on the cross and we were justified and sanctified. Pentacost was fulfilled when Christ sent His Holy Spirit to begin the harvest of the church. The Feast of Trumpets wil be fulfilled when Jesus returns with the soundof the trumpet for the church. The Day of Atonement will be filfilled seven years later when Christ returns. The Feast of Tabernacles will find its filanl fulfillment in Christ's thousand year kingdom reign on earht.

Yet, i can't find wherein any of these feast predict or prophecy anything about WHEN Jesus will return.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jan, 2011 09:50 AM

Chevy,

the ONLY people who die a second death are those who have rejected the gospel of Jesus Christ inot thier hearts and lives. Those whoreceive Christ will experience what Jesu experienced, we die once and that will be our first death on earth, and live spiritually forver with the Lord.

All those who reject the free gift of salvation will die the first death fom on earth, and will die a second death into hell.

2sparrow God does tell us where hey will go after the second death.

Revelation chpater 20: "And I saw death small and the great, stand before God, and the book was opened, which is the Book of Life,, and the dead (meaning everybody) were judged out of these things that were written in the Books, according to their works (good and bad deeds).

And the sea gave up the dead that were in it. And death and hell delivered up thedead that were in them. And they were judged every person according to their works.(sinful deeds) And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whoever name was not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire."

Page : 1 2 3