Author Thread: The Heart of man:Totally depraved or is there something good inside.
Admin

The Heart of man:Totally depraved or is there something good inside.
Posted : 31 Dec, 2010 02:48 PM

Hello everyone:

I thought the last topic i had posted was the last,yet this will be the very last one.

There are a few people that might be thinking:

'When Yeshua saved me He had gotten a pretty good deal'.

I can't be that bad,i see myself as a good person.

I obeyed my parents.

I have never been arrested in my entire life.

I have been a faithful spouse.

I am a faithful church goer.

I tithe

I have never touched illegal drugs.

I have never drank alcoholic drinks.

I have never stolen anything.

I help others.

I'm a good and faithful employee

Etc.and so on.

Now what is wrong with this person,some might say,wellllll i do not know.

The problem is "I".

"I" is,and will always be the problem.

There is a saying,i think it goes like this.

One day a man who was trusting Yeshua to save him from the wrath of GOD,had this experience.

He looked into the mirror and asked the LORD,Who or what is the cause of all the troubles,and problems in my life.

Then still looking in the mirror,the Holy Spirit shows this person,that they themself have been and will always be the problem..

Yet the Holy Spirit also reveals Who Yeshua is,and what He is like to this same person,along with the Grace and Mercy of GOD..

Here are a few Sriptures which tell of mans depravity.

Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Gen 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Deu 15:9 Beware that there be not a thought in thy wicked heart, saying, The seventh year, the year of release, is at hand; and thine eye be evil against thy poor brother, and thou givest him nought; and he cry unto the LORD against thee, and it be sin unto thee.

Pro 6:15 Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy.

Pro 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

Pro 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

Pro 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

Pro 6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Jer 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Luk 18:18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

Luk 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

Luk 18:20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

Luk 18:21 And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.

Luk 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Luk 18:23 And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.

Luk 18:24 And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

Seeing that the heart of man not able to completely obey the LORD without looking for something in return.

Know this that each and every single person in this life is WORSE than what they know about themselves.

Had it not been for the Grace and Mercy of GOD,not one person in this life would be able to stand before YHWH.

Had Yesuha not gone to the cross,we would all be doomed.

So the next time anyone shares the Gospel with someone,and that person thinks that they are pretty good;Just ask them this one question.

Why did Yeshua/Jesus have to die!

Then continue proclaiming the Gospel to them.

Agape' and Charis:

George

ps:

Though a person might do what we would consider to be good things,Yet there is not one thing anyone can do to make themselves righteous in the sight of GOD.

Only Yeshua is able to do this,through imputing His rigtheousness to those trusting Him,to save them from the wrath of GOD.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jan, 2011 11:23 AM

Margo,

If you read my analogy of a man and a horse, the the next question would be concerning the elect. :

Does every horse on the range get brought in for a chance in the round pen?

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jan, 2011 06:22 PM

Oh no you don't Arch. You got caught w/ your hand in the cookie jar and I lopped it off @ the wrist. You need to be born again, cause your "church" is leading you down the broad road to destruction.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jan, 2011 08:47 PM

I think we are all the elect until we "elect" to say no to His free offer.

klmartin62

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jan, 2011 09:32 PM

Twosparrows has it right. We will not seek God on our own, to say otherwise is to call God a liar. Rom 3:11 THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS; THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS AFTER GOD.

But, at some point we have to make the decision to accept the grace God is offering. I was drawn rather forcefully, but even I had a choice. I could have chosen physical death.

Love and grace,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jan, 2011 06:12 AM

The bible is full of people that sought the lord.

klmartin62

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jan, 2011 06:50 AM

Then I guess God must have lied to us, PJ. Oh, wait, maybe they were all called (drawn). Joh 6:44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh 6:45 It is written in the prophets, 'AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT BY GOD.' Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me.

When you use the whole Bible, it all falls into place. It is only when you use bits and pieces that you get contradictions.

In Gen. 3:15 we see a reference to Satan's seed. Since Satan had no children, who could this mean? Satan's seed is mankind without Christ. I can send you the study I did on this subject, but it is about 12 pages and too long to post here. It all came from the words of Jesus.

The word of God is very clear, without God drawing us, we will not seek Christ. Since God cannot lie, it has to be the truth.

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jan, 2011 01:09 PM

Leon when you practice what you say, it will bring merit to your statement. Who is romans 3 speaking of?

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jan, 2011 02:43 PM

Leon,

I am rather interested in your statement that mankind is the seed of Satan. I have likened this topic to horse breeding ..surprised? ...lol.

To explain :

Let's say I have a band of brood mares and a stallion all with proven bloodlines. All my offspring usually win or place at the horse shows. However a competitor and enemy sneaks in at night and turns out a rodeo bucking stallion with my mares at breeding time.

What do I do now? Give a shot to all my mares causing them to abort? What about the ones could of been bred by my stallion? Wouldn't it be best to let them all give birth, raise them for acouple of years and sort them out in the round pen when it is time to start them. Those that buck get sold as rodeo stock or to the killers. And the ones that don't are kept for show horses.

Those that are kept as show horses and added to the brood mare band genetically still carry the seed of the bad stallion. Therefore their offspring must be tested also to see if they if the foals are of the bad stallion or the good stallion. The test is simply : Do they accept the saddle and trust the rider or not.

klmartin62

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jan, 2011 03:44 PM

PJ, Romans was written to the Gentile Christians in Rome, thus the name, Romans. In the verses you are referencing, Paul is telling them that as far as depravity (my word) is concerned, Jews and Gentiles are the same.

He is quoting from Psalms Psa 14:2 The LORD looks down from heaven upon the children of men, To see if there are any who understand, who seek God.

Psa 14:3 They have all turned aside, They have together become corrupt; There is none who does good, No, not one.

Now, if God Almighty Himself cannot find one single person who does good or seeks Him, then there are none. Notice this does not say He looks down on the Jews, it says the children of man. Last time I checked, that meant all mankind.

So, if God cannot find a single one, why would you say that they are here? Is God not capable of knowing the hearts of man?

klmartin62

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jan, 2011 04:03 PM

Twosparrows,

I first noticed that the language used in the bible to describe unrepentant man was exactly the same as used to describe Satan. The Satan's seed scripture got my attention, so I started by asking the standard questions for a study. Who are Satan's children? Now, there are a few theologians out there who teach that Satan slept with Eve in the garden, and Cain was the result. That he and Able were twins, one from Satan and one from Adam. While there is a lot of proof that they could have been twins, the proof of Satan as the father of Cain is sketchy.

So, then, if not a literal child of Satan, then what? Those that joined him in his rebellion against God? Those who worship him? Who could it be?

We can count out the Angels that rebelled with him because Jude tells us they are bound until judgment day. As for the Satan worshipers, they are relatively few in number, and the scripture seems to imply a large number. I finally went to the New Testament.

Jesus, and John the Baptist, referred to the Pharisees and Sadducees as brood of vipers, or sons of serpents. Since Satan is represented as a serpent, He was calling them Satan's children. He comes straight out and says it several times.

When you look at the reasons Jesus gave for calling them that, you realize it applies to all of us prior to us being born again.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5