Author Thread: The Heart of man:Totally depraved or is there something good inside.
Admin

The Heart of man:Totally depraved or is there something good inside.
Posted : 31 Dec, 2010 02:48 PM

Hello everyone:

I thought the last topic i had posted was the last,yet this will be the very last one.

There are a few people that might be thinking:

'When Yeshua saved me He had gotten a pretty good deal'.

I can't be that bad,i see myself as a good person.

I obeyed my parents.

I have never been arrested in my entire life.

I have been a faithful spouse.

I am a faithful church goer.

I tithe

I have never touched illegal drugs.

I have never drank alcoholic drinks.

I have never stolen anything.

I help others.

I'm a good and faithful employee

Etc.and so on.

Now what is wrong with this person,some might say,wellllll i do not know.

The problem is "I".

"I" is,and will always be the problem.

There is a saying,i think it goes like this.

One day a man who was trusting Yeshua to save him from the wrath of GOD,had this experience.

He looked into the mirror and asked the LORD,Who or what is the cause of all the troubles,and problems in my life.

Then still looking in the mirror,the Holy Spirit shows this person,that they themself have been and will always be the problem..

Yet the Holy Spirit also reveals Who Yeshua is,and what He is like to this same person,along with the Grace and Mercy of GOD..

Here are a few Sriptures which tell of mans depravity.

Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Gen 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Deu 15:9 Beware that there be not a thought in thy wicked heart, saying, The seventh year, the year of release, is at hand; and thine eye be evil against thy poor brother, and thou givest him nought; and he cry unto the LORD against thee, and it be sin unto thee.

Pro 6:15 Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy.

Pro 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

Pro 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

Pro 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

Pro 6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Jer 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Luk 18:18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

Luk 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

Luk 18:20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

Luk 18:21 And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.

Luk 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Luk 18:23 And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.

Luk 18:24 And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

Seeing that the heart of man not able to completely obey the LORD without looking for something in return.

Know this that each and every single person in this life is WORSE than what they know about themselves.

Had it not been for the Grace and Mercy of GOD,not one person in this life would be able to stand before YHWH.

Had Yesuha not gone to the cross,we would all be doomed.

So the next time anyone shares the Gospel with someone,and that person thinks that they are pretty good;Just ask them this one question.

Why did Yeshua/Jesus have to die!

Then continue proclaiming the Gospel to them.

Agape' and Charis:

George

ps:

Though a person might do what we would consider to be good things,Yet there is not one thing anyone can do to make themselves righteous in the sight of GOD.

Only Yeshua is able to do this,through imputing His rigtheousness to those trusting Him,to save them from the wrath of GOD.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jan, 2011 11:04 PM

Leon when did you become God. You seem to be wearing satans glasses the blinded ones

klmartin62

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jan, 2011 01:38 AM

LOL. Same old PJ. You can't back up your views with sound scripture or doctrine, so you resort to insults. You are funny.

I know it has been a while, so I will go over this again as a reminder. If you want to debate me, you have to put forth real scriptural arguments. You don't have to include chapter and verse, just real scripture instead of insults and opinions. This is the last time I will respond to this type post. Serious debate serves a purpose, this type of behavior does not.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jan, 2011 04:16 AM

Leon there are no insults from you bring that on yourself in denying the word and trying to blame others for your unbelief and stubbornes does not make the believer wrong, you are accountable for what you say!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5