Author Thread: Jews and Gentiles Saved During the Tribulation
Admin

Jews and Gentiles Saved During the Tribulation
Posted : 28 Oct, 2010 03:46 PM

Classical dispensationalism has said that in the end times, after the dispensationalist rapture of the church, Jews will be saved, and the implication is that Jews will be saved in mass.

Among church Christians many appear to believe that all, or almost all, who are in the churches are saved. Yet Matthew 13: 8-30, in the parable of the sower, tares are said to grow among the wheat, and Christ said to let the tares alone until the time of the harvest, when they would be burned, and the wheat put into his barn.

At this point in time when the falling away of II Thessalonians 2: 3, supported by I Timothy 4: 1-2, II Timothy 4: 3-4, and II Peter 2: 1-3, etc, is underway in many or most churches, the tares in the churches would likely outnumber the wheat, and be in the majority.

So, when someone predicts that Jews and Gentiles will be saved during the tribulation, some of the gentiles who will be saved are now in the churches and look like tares, though they turn out not really to be tares.

There are likely to be people who will be saved in the tribulation that were once church members in the false doctrines that make up the falling away.

Zechariah 13: 8-9 may be taken as a general principle where people who claim to belong to God are divided up into three parts, like the three part Trinity. Yet these verses predict that one part of all those claiming to be God's people will be saved and the other two parts will not be saved.

Using Zechariah 13: 8-9 to apply to the falling away in the end times - during the tribulation - one part of church Christians would be saved and the other two parts not saved.

I should quote Zechariah 13: 8-9:

"And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. 9. And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God."

So we would expect gentiles to be saved during the tribulation who are church Christians - and also some will be saved who are not in the churches.

Could I Corinthians 1-5 be extended to the multitude of those in false doctrines, those in the churches, who are the one part saved?

1 Corinthians 5:1-5

1. " It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife. 2. And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you. 3. For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, 4. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5. To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

This is not my own idea, but has been talked about among some others with whom I am generally in agreement.

Another issue involving the dispensationalist prediction that Jews in mass will be saved during the tribulation is the possibility that many Jews will and are now including Christ, the Messiah, in their Messianic Judaism, which is a mingling of the First (Hebrews 10: 9) or Old Covenant and the New Covenant, and as such can be in the spirit of Anti-Christ. If they are operating in the spirit of Anti-Christ, they are not saved. This is not to say that all Jews who believe Christ is the Messiah, are in the spirit of Anti-Christ. I have heard broadcasts by Messianic Jews who do not mingle the Old and New Covenants in a way that leads to the spirit of Anti-Christ.