Author Thread: Women Over 65 Who Were Bohemians In the Sixties and Seventies
texian

View Profile
History
Women Over 65 Who Were Bohemians In the Sixties and Seventies
Posted : 26 Aug, 2014 09:54 AM

I wonder if there are any women over the age of about 65 here on CDFF who were into a bohemian lifestyle in the sixties - but were not into the drug movement? Many, but not all the women I am talking about were art majors back then, or maybe music majors.

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Sep, 2014 08:14 AM

Texan. . . I guess there aren't many women here who fit that description. . :goofball:

texian

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Sep, 2014 08:35 AM

NRSV1953

People who were into the art bohemian lifestyle in the sixties and seventies, for the most part, thought that Christianity was only Church Christianity, and that there could be no other form of Christianity. So most of them rejected Christ. In this sense the churches failed in the Great Commission to them. "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

The bohemians of the sixties and seventies looked at church Christianity and did not want any part of it. Though there was the Jesus Freak movement within the counterculture. I have heard that Chuck Smith of Calvary Chapel welcomed the Jesus Freaks into his church, though some of the members did not want them around because they were sometimes dirty and always unkempt or bedraggled, with long hair. The Jesus Freak movement may have been into some false doctrines, including dispensationalism.