Author Thread: OK, this is more of a site request but...
Admin

OK, this is more of a site request but...
Posted : 9 Dec, 2009 02:30 AM

Mods, move this if I missed the more appropriate catagory. Perhaps in my state of lack of sleep I missed it. :)

First, let me say that I understand the reasoning behind not letting anyone outside what you want contacting you. Apparently, I'm very popular in Indonesia because I used to get tons of emails from there before I blocked anything outside the US. However, there was a girl within 10 year of my age that I wanted to message specifically to ask her about something in her profile here. She mentioned being on these sites for a while but seemed so joyful in her profile that I wanted to know what resources or favorite bible verses helped her. I haven't seen her online the few times I have looked and am not even sure if we would be a match because of the distance between us. A simple question was all I had. The problem was that I was 1 year out of her age range. Once again, I understand the rationale behind blocking people or being able to block people outside your country, but I wish the wink feature worked unilateraly. I mean, things we think are set in stone aren't always so. Take for instance my drinking. I put down that I drink socially, when in actuallity I have maybe 6 beers a year at best. Not very social. :) Someone might interpret 'social' as every weekend, while another might think that meant I hang out in bars, and still another might say that it meant what I mean it as, that I drink but very rarely. My point is that you don't know about someone unless you actually read their profile and make a judgement call on what they wrote and how they seem as a person. If the wink feature worked regardless of the contact requirments, then at least that person would see you have an interest and have the opportunity to peruse your profile. I still wouldn't have got to ask my question, but at least I would have had a shot at talking to her, if she chose.

Does that make sense? I know I can add to fav's but that doesn't always indicate interest. Sometimes it's just me bookmarkking you to look at later.

Thanks!

Tim