Author Thread: Phillippines?
Admin

Phillippines?
Posted : 26 Jan, 2011 04:50 AM

You ladies who are not from the Philippines may not be aware of this, but I would say about 40% of the women on here are from the Philippines. No kidding. Can one of the women from the Philippines explain to me why so many? Is the Philippines the worst place in the world to live or something? Just curious.

Les :^)

View Profile
History
Phillippines?
Posted : 24 Mar, 2011 11:26 AM

Pray tell me where did you get your statistics? Did you take a census of the members of this site? I've looked at some profiles of women and I rarely see Asian faces. Nevertheless, even if 40% are indeed from the Philippines, aren't you being too judgemental to conclude everybody wants to leave the Philippines? I certainly don't. Philippines is where home and family is. If I do marry a foreigner (which will be none of your business anyway), and since it is my belief that where my heart is, there I should also be, and he takes me away; if and when I will have children, I will take them back to Phils and bring them up there. Know why? Because I don't want my children to call me by my first name, talk back to their elders, and I don't want them to throw me in a home for the aged when I become old. My father is 90 years old, almost always sick, stubborn and very unreasonable at times, but he lives at home with wife, children and grandchildren. Never did it occur to us to throw him somewhere else, even if he had not been a good father at all. We are indeed not people of means, but we are a people of hope, of faith and of love.

So next time before you go blabbing about a country or a people you hardly know, please do some research first. And before you go around commenting on the speck on someone else's eye, please do remove the log in your eye first so you can see better. This is supposed to be a Christian site, and since I'm far from home and working in an anti-Christian country, it is only natural that I seek fellowship with fellow-believers in Christ, only to find that despite its name, not everyone here are Christians after all.

View Profile
History
Phillippines?
Posted : 24 Mar, 2011 11:58 AM

@ Mercymay:

Please speak for yourself. Not every Filipina thinks being married to a Filipino is a trap. I'm surrounded by Filipino couples who are happily married to each other, our family ( and a very big one, too) included, The only ones who married foreigners are my cousins who grew up in the states. I've nothing against foreigners, but please don't generalize all Filipinas in light of your opinions which is obviously affected by your own personal experience. In every country, there will always be some rotten apples, but it does not mean the whole basket of apples is rotten. And what is true to you may not be true for everybody.

Divorce may be a bonus benefit to a few Filipinas as a fall-back option if things will not work out, but I dare say those are the few who put their foot half-in and half-out in a relationship. You know why there are several battered women in the Philippines? It is because the woman is trying to hold her family together, hoping against hope that her husband will change for the better, bearing the beating if only for her children's sake. We hardly even need a divorce. We already have legal separation and annulment. So divorce as a reason does not hold enough water.

View Profile
History
Phillippines?
Posted : 24 Mar, 2011 12:23 PM

And by the way, I saw three Filipina profiles here, and guess what? They live in the states. Several of us do live in many different countries, a major part in the US. A good part of your hospitals are staffed by Filipino nurses. We are quite marketable to all parts of the world in terms of work/service, and yes, in marriage, too (blame it on charm). So I suggest you research further how many of your 40% are Filipina US citizens.

View Profile
History
Phillippines?
Posted : 13 May, 2011 07:54 PM

To tell you honestly Phils..is one of the nicest place to live in..e have a simple life here that we really enjoy a lot..Just like any other country there is also worst thing happen. To think you are a Christian and I really believe you have a open minded and not to judge people here..When I read your comments it is very upsetting..telling that to those Filipina who join this site..Do you know their personal reason why they joined here..Just like everybody they are only casting their net to find the real one..And this site never said ..No Filipina allowed here to join..And to tell you honestly, we are all created the same in the eyes of God..No favoritism..Now tell me...It is a mistake joining here..There is a lot of places which is worst than my country..Devil is everywhere...

Thanks and may God bless You..

Pinklady1469

View Profile
History
Phillippines?
Posted : 13 May, 2011 07:54 PM

To tell you honestly Phils..is one of the nicest place to live in..e have a simple life here that we really enjoy a lot..Just like any other country there is also worst thing happen. To think you are a Christian and I really believe you have a open minded and not to judge people here..When I read your comments it is very upsetting..telling that to those Filipina who join this site..Do you know their personal reason why they joined here..Just like everybody they are only casting their net to find the real one..And this site never said ..No Filipina allowed here to join..And to tell you honestly, we are all created the same in the eyes of God..No favoritism..Now tell me...It is a mistake joining here..There is a lot of places which is worst than my country..Devil is everywhere...

Thanks and may God bless You..

Pinklady1469

View Profile
History
Phillippines?
Posted : 13 May, 2011 08:37 PM

thanks for your compliments..

iammaria

View Profile
History
Phillippines?
Posted : 20 Jul, 2011 04:53 AM

I agree with you ..

gabrielle77

View Profile
History
Phillippines?
Posted : 17 Sep, 2011 07:36 AM

I am proud to be a Filipina!

Gumamela, you had beautifully put into words the things that most Filipina women value. God bless you dear.

View Profile
History
Phillippines?
Posted : 24 Apr, 2012 06:39 AM

MOST WOMEN ARE CHRISTIANS SO THEY WOULD RATHER LIKE TO MEET CHRISTIANS AS WELL. BETTER NOT TO SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS. THERE ARE SO MANY AMERICANS WHO ARE IN THIS SITE AS WELL.... ARE WOMEN IN UR COUNTRY NOT SO FAITHFUL :O) WONDERIN!

View Profile
History
Phillippines?
Posted : 24 Apr, 2012 06:51 AM

ONE MORE THING...I WORK ON A CRUISE SHIP SO I GO FROM EUROPE TO ASIA TO U.S TO ANYWHERE YOU CAN IMAGINE AND HONESTLY AMERICA IS NOT MY FIRST CHOICE IF EVER I WOULD GIVEN A CHANCE TO CHOOSE A NATIONALITY. FOR ME EUROPEANS ARE WELL MANNERED AND THEY KNOW HOW TO SAY PLEASE AND APPRECIATE PEOPLE :O) JUST SO YOU KNOW. GOD BLESS!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5