Author Thread: Hinduism and Christ's Love
snow52

View Profile
History
Hinduism and Christ's Love
Posted : 6 Dec, 2009 11:19 AM

We had a family dinner with a refugee family.

I was knitting a scarf. I asked the mom if she knitted.

She said yes in Bhutan but did not have knitting needles here. I got out my craft things and showed her how to make needles, we made 3 pair. I gave her a bag of yarn, I have 4 boxes of yarn..........

Then she asked me why............

I did not know what to say........told her because Christ gave it to me I have given to you......she was offended.

Thinking later I should have said...........Because Christ Loves you........or.....It is the Christian way....they understand religous ways......

Question..........What would you say

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2009 03:34 PM

dear snow, welcome to the forums.

id of prolly just said cause i really would like you to have them.. i mean religous differences like that could be an insult.. lats say someone handed you a gift and said budda wanted me to give this to you.. i know for me as a christian i would not accept that gift... nothin said to of come from budda do i want hehe ya see ..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2009 11:23 PM

I would say " I give what I have to people who need it or are interested in the same hobbies as I am, this is how I believe a person should live" period. If they asked "How can I repay you?" or "Do I owe you anything?" I would tell them to just pass it on. I would not mention Christ but rather lead by example. Then if that person comes back in one day or in ten years and asks "What is your faith?" or " What do you believe in?" or "Why are you so nice" Then tell them of the one true God. Jesus did not force feed people. Those who were interested came to Him to be fed, some liked what they were offered others were offended.

Do not feel guilty or ashamed for being nice or mentioning the word Christ.

Let others be ashamed and offended.

If you are strong you have freedom, to accept gifts offered to Buddha, better said Brahma, Vishnu or Shiva (1Cor8, all of it) So accept the gift but if a weak minded Christian is with you refuse the gift for their sake, not God's.

Paul

OldJed

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jul, 2011 08:03 PM

We give gifts because we love someone. If Christ is in us the message will be very clear. People need to know that we love them, then there is a relationship. Relationships are enhanced by Christ within us. Thank you for caring. Old Jed

oregonbeach

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Oct, 2011 05:36 AM

More sensitive to the Bhutan's ladies religion, but that is hind sight. I may have done just as you. It was a gift and the giving of the gift was from your heart and you would think the acceptance of the gift would be felt in her heart.

Harvester

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Apr, 2013 09:54 AM

I would have said;" because I enjoy doing things for people and I thought this would be a nice way to get to know you". I think the key is 'relationship' which builds trust and the opportunity to explain where the 'Love' come from!

That was pretty special, what you did! Jim.

ENTJbytheBay

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jul, 2013 10:10 PM

I would have said: " I have plenty and it would please me to share with you, because I like you, care about you, and want you to be happy, too. It's a simple gift."

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Apr, 2014 08:43 AM

I think you said exactly what the holy spirit led you to!

You planted a seed. You were commissioned to do just that according to Gods word right? The truth offends and we cant get past that! Id rather you tell someone about the true GOD of this world and have them offended than not tell them .

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Feb, 2018 05:47 PM

What does it matter? The Holy Spirit will do the work of dealing with the receiver.... Don't memorize script. You guys analyze the wings of a gnat....