Author Thread: My Heart Was Shattered
Admin

My Heart Was Shattered
Posted : 22 Nov, 2008 06:42 PM

The day the man (who I loved more than life itself) ended, I cried for the next 6 months. I prayed each night with the rosary wrapped around my wrist to help me to go on. I was unable to feel anything but sadness.I didn't think it was possible for anyone to cry that much. My heart was shattered. I could not find comfort anywhere. My soul, spirit and faith almost destroyed. I don't remember much other than the pain. I dont remember work or daily chores or anything other than complete emptiness and sadness.

Each day I would stop at the coffee shop drive through and then drive to the cemetary "Glen Oaks Memorial". I would sit and cry and write for hours. I even wrote how i felt closer to the dead than the living. I remember the day there was a burial and the procession was right where i usually parked my car to write and cry. I couldn't go there so i drove around to the other side and stopped. For the first time in 6 months i was confused and no tears fell from my eyes. I looked ahead at the tomb stone which read June 24, 1959 -May 20 1980. The young man's name was Peter. It may not mean anything to you, it did to me. I was born on the exact day and year as this young man. It didn't take a second for me to get the message. It was as though from heaven Peter was tapping me on the shoulder and telling me to "Live". He could not anymore. I am alive. I only went back to the Cemetary once and that was just to say thanks.

View Profile
History
My Heart Was Shattered
Posted : 6 Dec, 2008 03:14 PM

I have read this post a few times, but never without tears in my eyes for your loss, dear sister. I wasn't going to comment, because there is really nothing anyone can say or do that can take away that kind of pain. However, I wanted to tell you that this touched me to my very soul.

I have never experienced a loss of this magnitude, but my heart aches for you. Rest in the comfort of your Fathers arms as He kisses away your tears, while washing you with His own. Abide in the love that only He can give, and be engulfed in the comfort of His abundant grace. He loves you more than anyone else ever could, and you know that His heart was breaking for you, even as yours was breaking for him.

Mourn, dear sister, and heal, knowing that He wants you to carry on, otherwise He would have never let you go through this.

I truly wish there were some magical words that could take away your pain, but mere words are so lacking. I WILL pray for you, but our Father will give the comfort of the Spirit.

Rest, rest in the glory of God's compassion,

Leon

View Profile
History
My Heart Was Shattered
Posted : 17 Dec, 2008 04:11 PM

I am so sorry to hear about all shattered hearts. I too have a shattered heart.

My husband of 11 years left me on Nov.6,2008 and just got a letter in the mail Dec.16th stating he was going to file for divorce.

He brought me out to Kansas to leave me.

View Profile
History
My Heart Was Shattered
Posted : 17 Dec, 2008 08:35 PM

Donnita I am sorry that your husband hurt you so. He brought you somewhere to leave you, how truly unkind. The Lord understands," He" picked you up Donnita. God will never leave you. As humans we feel the right to feel destroyed and betrayed, especially when someone stomps on your heart.. I know from experience that time and God will heal. Your husband left you, he doesn't deserve you. God has great work for you to do Donnita. Wipe your tears, raise your eyes and give your heart to God. "He" will help and I will say a very heartfelt prayer to God for you, that "He" may hold you tight and show you "His" way and "His" plan and that you be open to "His" teachings and "His" love. Be strong as you can, don't give up honey. You are my friend in Christ and i wish only the best for you. Stay strong, God bless you always and keep you in "His" care. M :angel:

jezcie

View Profile
History
My Heart Was Shattered
Posted : 23 Dec, 2008 11:03 AM

sometimes it was nice to read other people post which it can gives me myself.. maybe can say lesson from other people experience in their life. It was hard if we hurt by someone we trust and love. But trust God more than anything..

View Profile
History
My Heart Was Shattered
Posted : 9 Jan, 2009 08:02 PM

wow,just to let you know there are others out there...i too had a broken heart.....my husband and I got married May of 08 after praying and seeking the Lord and telling each other we knew God put us together and we in the past had missed the mark and married others and should have been together all along.......we were married 81 days and he decided he wanted a divorce........one disagreement and he wanted out..it was that simple.......but so shocking......after asking

God why on a regular basis....I found that no matter what you face.....no matter what your pain.......He is the only comfort that matters ......He alone can heal the broken, crushed heart like noone and He is so so Faithful.........I am now in full time ministry and know I am in Gods will.....as for the husband .....he will get his divorce and life with Jesus will go on with out him but God is in control and I am blessed beyond measure.....Blessings my sisters

View Profile
History
My Heart Was Shattered
Posted : 10 Jan, 2009 08:12 PM

In reading all these posts on broken hearts, I feel for you and because I do, I would like to share my hope with you.

There are many of us who have had our love trampled in the dust as if it meant nothing, but God see's it much differently; I write too and the Lord answers me.

I think it is beautiful how the Lord spoke to your heart like that, very touching; He will speak in many ways and I am happy for you that you did listen and receive. God bless you.

I share this with you all that you may Know;

Just when you think no one is near, to hear the sound of heartbreaking tears, God is near, He hears, and He cares. Compassion acts, AMEN.

Oh, Heavenly Father, You Who made everything-

Will you make a new heart for me?

For if You look, You will see-

Mine is broken within me-

When love finally found me-

His words astounded me-

As he said to me-

Shouldn't two hearts beat together as one for all time-

Why not yours and mine-

Won't you become one with me-

Complete me-

Then one day he came to say-

I have to go away-

Please don't cry-

And wonder why-

Our love has gone awry-

You will always be special to me-

But my heart needs to be free-

I cried to say-

You took my breath away-

The day you said; We will be together always-

But if you must go-

I want you to know-

I wish joy to your soul-

I pray freedom will bring, the peace you need-

Oh Heavenly Father, won't you make a new heart for me-

For if You look, You will see-

Mine is broken within me-

Then the Father spoke, He had this to say;

Precious child upon whom I smile-

Listen to Me a while-

You must be careful what you give in haste-

For hearts are broken everyday-

But this I say to you, because I love you-

Whatsoever the world takes away-

I will replace-

This is how you will know-

True love has found you heart and soul-

It is priceless-

Yet it is free-

Does not ask of thee-

But gives to thee-

True love will never leave you behind-

But will carry you along-

Body heart and mind-

When true love comes you will know-

For it will be traveling the same narrow road-

Already sharing the same joyful soul-

It will already be complete-

It will already be peaceful and free-

For it will share the same Jesus who lives within thee-

Just keep going and you will see-

True love is just ahead of thee-

It was made to cleave to thee-

Unselfishly.

View Profile
History
My Heart Was Shattered
Posted : 12 Jan, 2009 08:25 PM

Jezcie thank you for your note. Yes it is nice to hear other's stories and how they get through some tough times. It helps us in our own recovery. You are in my prayers, Your sister in Christ. M:angel:

View Profile
History
My Heart Was Shattered
Posted : 12 Jan, 2009 08:32 PM

Love to Ride.... It is wonderful to hear you are close with Christ.. I am so happy for you. Our pain does end. There is an expiration date for our misery if we just let go and let God. I will have you in my prayers my sister, God bless, :angel: M

View Profile
History
My Heart Was Shattered
Posted : 12 Jan, 2009 08:41 PM

HISWARRIOR....I thank you for sharing your beautiful words. How fourtunate all who read your poem that we may find joy and comfort from your heart of thoughts. Your kindness to share, I thank you. I will keep you in my prayers. Your sister in Christ, :angel: M

View Profile
History
My Heart Was Shattered
Posted : 21 Jan, 2009 10:17 AM

M-

I misunderstood this post. After re-reading, I understand now.

God bless,

Daniel

Page : 1 2 3 4