Author Thread
jah0323

View Profile
As Christians is it wrong to desire and be with someone that we're attracted to?
Posted : 3 Feb, 2015 11:47 AM

To OP - Great post.

It's not wrong to desire and be with someone that you are PHYSICALLY attracted to. I put the word physical in there because it's what people see, gravitate towards.

Looks are very important for anyone. Body comes a close second. When you see someone whose looks are what you dream off, of course you will be attracted to that. It's not wrong because its only NATURAL of you to do so.

Natural. We are programmed to feel that way. That's natural, as a human being - without spirituality involved. If you are looking for a life partner (someone you will say till death), then let God take control. Earnestly praying, God will actually give you someone that is right for you. They might not look like that rnb singer or the tall guy from work, but if God deems them fit, it will work. Remember God knows your heart's desire.

However, if we follow our natural instincts - I would say you should always go for the person you are attracted to. As you said earlier, it is SELFISH to go out with someone just because they can support your lifestyle, they have a job, etc. Believe me it hurts for someone to tell you that they were giving you shade because you were a few pounds overweight. It hurts...real bad. Talking from experience lol.

jah0323

View Profile
Having a Christian boy/girl relationship is important..
Posted : 3 Feb, 2015 11:28 AM

It's important, i stress, very important to have a believer as a partner.

Lets break it down..

Friends. You have friends who you share common interests with. Be it your love for a particular sport or food, could be nachos, whatever it is - you have things in common - things that you bond over and can relate to. I've never had someone whom i shared no common interests and yet call them friends.

How can to walk together lest they agree? Birds of the same feather flock together.

Now when it comes to partners, not only are they meant to be your friend, the reason you are with them is mainly the goal to have a future. Now if they don't believe, it won't help you- if anything your faith will eventually suffer.

For example - you as the believer know its wrong to defile your body in anyway. Your unbelieving partner does not see it that way. Already thats a worry. He/she is understanding and accommodating you might say, but what you are forgetting is YOU are the one who will end up compromising or yielding.

Lets take the "no sex before marriage" line. You agree - s/he doesn't...then what?

I've seen it happen before. Girls in my church- "There are no men in this church etc". They go out and get their worldly men- 2-3 years later they bite the bullet and separate because they are not equally yoked.

If anything, PRAY for God to give you a believer. Remember Samson and Delilah? Perfect example....