Author Thread
eli2303

View Profile
G'day People
Posted : 10 Aug, 2015 01:15 AM

Thought I should poke my head out here and greet my fellow brothers and sisters! Been around this site for a while now, replying to the occasional post and I must say I have grown spiritually by reading some of the posts on here. I feel blessed, way up i feel blessed. So keep it up!

I'm currently in Australia, been here for a few years now and I love it. To those who might be wondering; not all Australians sound like Crocodile Dundee! I'm quite keen on networking and making friends, so even if you are a thousand miles away, don't hesitate dropping a message - you never know when you might find yourself down under.

I'm travelling State side in Sept; week in LA, 2 weeks in NY and a week in Texas. So I'm basically making contacts, friends that could possibly show me around, and if you go to church, would love to tag along. I've always wanted to visit a African American church, so please take me with you!

Anyway, guys and girls, been a pleasure talking to some of here and i hope to meet more people of faith. Say hi!

Stay blessed

eli2303

View Profile
"Opposite Attracts".....wait how true could this be?
Posted : 21 Jun, 2015 03:25 AM

Opposites do attract - initially. We all want to experience something different at some point, and if someone offers that path then more often than not, we take it- although this leads to many compromises potentially affecting you standing in God's word.

Having said that, as Rambo wrote above, after the friction or initial spark is over, you will find it useful to have someone similar to you. Not exactly the same, but a similar.

eli2303

View Profile
Tired Of Looking
Posted : 16 Jun, 2015 10:35 PM

"Its a fact that no matter how many men pursue a woman, the woman chooses who she will be with. I no longer play the game."

That's the nature of the beast unfortunately. But if you don't participate in the "game", surely you can't expect nothing more..

"If you do not show any interest, I`ll just move on."

I agree with that. If someone is not interested then why bother. However, it can be a tricky approach to things. I'd like to think that the number of men is far greater than females on this site. This means females are likely to be inundated by messages, slowing down their response time. So you could message a lady, then she takes a few days to reply- let that not put you off.

On the other hand, if your "showing interest " is simply clicking their profile and registering a view, then i wouldn't say you are actually looking.

"I enjoy just viewing profiles to pass the time, until you find me. YES I am just as content being single as I would be being with someone else. So if your interested you know what to do."

Most women find it hard to initiate contact, which i find quite odd to be honest. Most of them appreciate being "hunted", although some are quite forthright.

My suggestion brother is to involve yourself. Its all about odds. There is a 50% chance when your hat is in the ring, but there is absolutely zero chance if you're not in there.

Above all, stay positive brother. Increase your odds by being on the front foot more.

eli2303

View Profile
I'm really scared of falling in love....
Posted : 16 Jun, 2015 09:45 PM

Its always good to plan. Keeps you ahead. However, remember that falling in love doesn't/shouldn't grind your plans to a halt. If you ever feel the same way about that person, then go right ahead and say how you feel. You can't plan for love, you ADJUST for love.

Maybe your plan is to finish your studies, get your career on track then fall in love. Most of the times it doesn't work that way. I do suggest that this "special someone" is made aware of your plans to a certain degree. That way they can adjust their plans if need be.

Then together you can PLAN accordingly...

Always remember to check with God - HE usually has a different plan up his sleeve sometimes..

eli2303

View Profile
How to tell apart Scammers from Real Christian Seekers
Posted : 16 Jun, 2015 09:35 PM

Scammers don't usually give up that quick, they will try their best to convince you otherwise. Maybe it was a genuine scammer but took offence to the serial killer jibe lol. They do have feelings after all!

I usually go with the "if it's too good to be true, it probably is" statement.

eli2303

View Profile
Gym Date?
Posted : 16 Jun, 2015 06:41 PM

I think a gym date is a good idea. It kinda takes away the nerves some might have because you are in a relaxed environment. I dont think guys wiuld be grading your lifting technique- it actually creates a platform for when you go on a " dinner date".