Author Thread
ziann88

View Profile
Flat Broke and Considering Missionary Work?
Posted : 25 Nov, 2016 06:19 AM

I have always desired to go for mission work since I was a kid. I remember when I was around 10, everytime I find myself alone at home, I would go to my room, lock the door and pray to God. I remember crying out to Him during my prayer time. I just felt the desire to talk to Him, enjoy His presence.

Then in college during one of our revival worship event in church, God started showing me visions. I see visions during my prayer time and even when I'm lying down in bed. I didn't understand some of it but I knew God was trying to show me something. Then one time, a few months after my graduation, as I was leaving my apartment,I saw a huge map on the kitchen wall. I didn't know what I was thinking but I laid my hand on the map and prayed for God to send me to the unreached people that I may share the gospel to them. A couple of weeks later, my mentor called me telling me to go for a mission trip in Indonesia. I didn't know what to say! I was excited!However, I was also thinking how I am going to afford a plane ticket. I had no money, no source of income. nothing.

Then God did something amazing! He blessed me with a job. However, the salary I received was not enough to cover all my expenses abroad. I thought my trip would be cancelled because obviously, I have nothing in my pocket.I was broke..nt even a cent on my account (really!) But it was God who said I should go and so even if I do not have enough if He says "go", then why would I say "no"? I was not able to provide the entire amount I needed for the plane ticket but I knew God will provide. And God did. One day, as I was checking my emails, I saw a message from stranger (a strong believer of Jesus Christ) who live in the US. I have never met her in my entire life. She has never been to my country not have I been to hers. She messaged me saying that God convicted her to send a financial support to a young Asian woman whom God will use to share the gospel (me). I was surprised! God has been working the entire time.

This woman of God whom I know nothing of became a vessel of blessing so God can fulfill his purpose in my life.

I went to Indonesia where I had my training in mission field. During that time, God showed me more of how great He is and how amazing His love is to mankind.

If God called you,even if you say, "I am broke", if you have the willingness and the desire to follow Him, I assure you of this, He will allow you to experience His amazing power.

David was very young and small but He won the battle against Goliath.

There's no excuse when you are called by the One and Only True God. The God who makes things possible, whose love is so deep that He even sent His One and Only Son to die for you.