Author Thread
PEM4

View Profile
My experience
Posted : 2 Jul, 2011 06:15 AM

My sister, I am happy to have read your story this morning because it uplifts me and I feel encouraged by it. God will renew your strength and send the right person for you or he will keep you from getting in another situation like this again. Be strong in the Lord never give up, he has been doing great things for you and you are witnessing for him so others can be strengthened and be saved.

Sisterly love.

P

PEM4

View Profile
Why is my
Posted : 26 Feb, 2011 07:41 AM

I find that if I smile it is being interpreted as an invitation to be hit on. Why is this happening?

I do have a nice smile but lately it seems to be attracting men of all age. For me smiling is a natural thing; I smile because I love to smile. It is becoming an issue if you're in class or church and someone is hitting on you.

Help me to understand why some men feel a smile is an open door invitation.. I am trying to find a good way to handle the situation when it occurs again.

PEM4

View Profile
Friends first, preschool classmate
Posted : 26 Feb, 2011 07:28 AM

It has always been my policy not to entertain any relationship with past or present class me because I was married to one before. I have express that to my friend, and now I felt I have gone back on my own rules...

PEM4

View Profile
Friends first, preschool classmate
Posted : 26 Feb, 2011 07:20 AM

My preschool classmate found me on Facebook and has expressed an interest in me since last year. He informed me that he just wanted to be friends because he remembered me from school. He confessed that although it was deceptive he changed his status from single to married on fb because he could not handle the attention. He said he was starting over again but was not ready to get into a relationship because he needed to work on himself before considering anyone else. I was happy with his honesty reassure him I was entertaining any classmates attention either. Around the time he came into my life, I had been diagnose with Bell Palsy, temporary paralysis of the right side of my face. I stop communicating with everyone, friends and family because I was disturbed about my face, however, this guy would not disappear as I requested. He was so patient, attentive and caring and supportive that I forget about the disfigurement of my face and grew to love him. He would call early in the morning to wake me up, at night to bid me good night and a hello during the day to ask how the day was going and to encourage me. He has sent post cards and letters and spent time encouraging my children, etc. I felt scare and told him I had developed feelings that was more than the regular friendship and he admitted he he felt the same way,that if he did not hear from me, he missed me. He has told me about his family and encouraged me to ask him any questions and implore me to communicate.

Within the last 3week our relationship has changed drastically that I find my self in tears since last Saturday night. I notice the phone calls starts falling off , no more morning calls, calls are reduce to one per day of randomly through the day and or late at night!!! i finally happened the night before his mom visit.. there was no call. I called the morning and I was almost rush off the phone because mom had just arrived. There was calls, but I did notice he was rather preoccupied or not interested in what I was saying .My heart is breaking and I felt something went wrong with his mothers visit.After his mom left he has been a changed person since his mom visit. I can read it in his emails and hear it in his voice. I have prayed about it and decide to talk to him last Saturday night. He told me that it would be best if we remain good friends, and that I should not make any drastic decision but be patient. I have grown to love this guy and I am just a bit scare right now. Am I being too judgmental? I am now scared to even asked him any questions, yet I want to know alot of answers? Help!! I am in love with my friend and don't know how to proceed.

PEM4

View Profile
Why Do the Men Get Iinto Relationship & Go Poof?
Posted : 26 Feb, 2011 05:39 AM

I am sorry this happen to you. I have been pondering the same question for a while , here are the answers that I got:

1. They realize it wasn't going to work...

2. The lady was not what they expected her to be and they thought it was better to end it

3. If he disappear without communication it would not hurt the lady as much as if they told her.

4. He did not have the guts to tell face to face

5. He is too nice to tell the woman he is not interested and play along until he feels like he is drowning, and then he shuts down and stop calling or showing up.. No communication! no explanation!

5. He was looking for a fling and found a lady...not wanted

6. He was wolf in sheep clothing.. A scammer, player..

7. things are progressing too fast for him and he needs time to sort out his own feelings, whether he wants to commit now, walk away or take it slow...he just can't tell you because it is between him and his self..

8. He is has been in love before and has been hurt and he might be scared.

9. Lost the chemistry ...lol

Whatever it is that cause men to disappear, it causes disappointment, frustration and makes it difficult for everyone, especially the future guy.

Every

PEM4

View Profile
Well guys & ladies..........(hello)!
Posted : 14 Feb, 2011 08:23 AM

I pray for you to find a job and pray for me to find one too.

PEM4

View Profile
Blast from the Past!! =)
Posted : 14 Feb, 2011 08:20 AM

Thank you, thank you, very much for your inspiring and encouraging reply. I am crying as I type this reply to your beautiful post, because the patience and love displayed by that wife, is what I have been searching for in my future husband. It takes time and genuine effort to create the bond that, that wife and husband had. So happy that God had given you the opportunity to behold unconditional love, and now you will be able to select a lady that is right for you. That is a blessing. Gone are the days when people take time to court each other or even get to know each other or focus only on that one special person... there is no communication, except an hidden agenda from the first date to climb in bed. By the way so call christian men are as guilty of this behavior as the non-christian men.

Within the last year I have lost interest in dating because I have met so much bad, that it counteract the the good men. It just seems that genuine men were already married or others were too young, and all that remain is a meat-market surplus of the artificial wolf in sheep- clothing men.

Very encouraging post. Blessing in finding your special lady,

PEM4

View Profile
Please don't "ban" me for this but......
Posted : 13 Feb, 2011 06:28 PM

Sorry this happened to you. Please take sometime to heal yourself emotionally and spiritually otherwise, there can be serious repercussion. Protect yourself otherwise you will be hurt again and again.

Your friend in Christ.

PEM4

View Profile
Does this happen to anyone else?
Posted : 16 Aug, 2010 01:16 PM

Hello sorry this happens to you but I can assure you it happens to the best of us. Yes it is frustrating, because you can get a good feeling as to how to reply. Sorry

PEM4

View Profile
Friendships vs Relationships and the Internet.
Posted : 1 Jun, 2010 06:11 AM

Simply_Southern , A great morning to you. Oooh yes,! you have brought that point home.. Hi five to you, my dear. that was eloquently done..(forget the errors the point came across clearly)

This is a point I have tried to explain so often to past male interests and even to my friends, since I have signed up on-line, but it was not taken so well. The result of the attempted explanation was end of their interest and the comments were; you are too deep( you have given it too much thought) and you take life too serious, you are too strong willed, too sensitive and you should go with the flow and see where it leads....

Well they are wrong!! The only reason I tried to explain to anyone was 1. for all the reasons you have mention in your note and 2. I was hurt because I was confused and naive when I first tried online dating. I agree with you that there is a big difference with online dating and normal physical relationship. Everything is so speedup and unreal, I feel overwhelm and yes we have set ourselves up for hurt and deception and it is difficult to do any kind of discerning here..

.... this is the best document I have read in a long time but I guess many sites or individual will not agree with me..

Write more -- the chat forum are the only reason I am on here anymore... I learn so much from the questions and answers and suggestion/ ideas.. Thank you and keep wtiting..

P

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7