Author Thread
DEEDEE72

View Profile
Online conversation etiquette?
Posted : 13 Dec, 2012 12:49 PM

Hello All,

Question:

How do you handle online conversations where you get a wink. Respond by asking a question , get a response to the question but no follow-up question for you?

Personally I try to ask a question on something in the profile or at the very least ask them to tell me about themselves.

I have found with people who just answer what I ask but don't send any follow-up questions, tend to fizzle out and go no where.

Anyone had similar experiences? Or suggestions on keeping conversations moving?

DEEDEE72

View Profile
�HOW SHOULD I DATE?� (It wasn�t asking how should take a woman to dinner or movie�)
Posted : 11 Dec, 2012 07:06 AM

Great read thanks!

Be pure

Be wise

2 qualities I look for in a man.

DEEDEE72

View Profile
�The SIGN seeking approach.� IT IS OK to ask God for a sign?
Posted : 11 Dec, 2012 07:03 AM

I think even though we have the whole Bible there are times when we are not sure on how to proceed in a certain area of our lives. A good example is in who we date/marry. The bible says we are to guard our hearts in dating especially with someone we really like this can be hard. We all want to stay in God's perfect will for our lives so asking him for a sign it not a bad thing.

With that what we ask a sign for should line up with the word.

People who tell me God told them to do something outside of the word I pray for. They have a "special" relationship with God and have bibles with extra verses. You cannot tell them anything just love them and pray for them!

DEEDEE72

View Profile
Women bishops
Posted : 2 Dec, 2012 04:33 PM

What is SCARY about some of the responses is "women Bishops" is not biblical despite what some people "think". Let's be TRANSFORMED by word .

DEEDEE72

View Profile
relationships
Posted : 2 Dec, 2012 04:27 PM

A man who loves Jesus of course but a man who is being transformed by the word and not the world. A man who knows who God has called him to be and embraces leadership. Lastly a man who keeps his word

DEEDEE72

View Profile
Is there such a thing?
Posted : 2 Dec, 2012 04:20 PM

I agree with let there be on how discovery is beautiful, I recently talked to someone who "vomited" in our first and only 2 hour conversation. I think people do this not to be rejected. However, too much, too soon can be too much. Currently we are (dating) gathering information to decide if a person would be a good match.

DEEDEE72

View Profile
There is somebody for everybody.
Posted : 25 Nov, 2012 04:38 PM

I guess what I am getting about what Sun wrote is the most important things to him is how she looks and her weight (seriously) and not the things the bible says is a worthy woman.

DEEDEE72

View Profile
Women bishops
Posted : 25 Nov, 2012 04:33 PM

I agree 100% Ms Marvel and Michael. We cannot allow the world to dictate.

DEEDEE72

View Profile
Men, what do you think?
Posted : 12 Nov, 2012 05:23 AM

Right Peacenic....not just looking for but biblical...a red flag for someone not ready to be in a relationship is my kids come first. God should be first, then your spouse and then kids, ministry etc......when I read kids come first I think there may have been some abuse in the past and the person feels the kids need to be protected. The big issue is trusting God in the person you marry and in your life and the life of your kids.

If you are a woman who had abuse in the past and the kids father is not in their life you meet a Christian who marries you how can he be the head of household if kids come first?

A man should run from a profile like this......This person needs to be healed by God of past hurts and get their desires on what the word says. The last thing they need is a relationship.....This will lead to another failed marriage/relationship.

DEEDEE72

View Profile
Questions? Food for thought...
Posted : 11 Nov, 2012 04:11 PM

1. Do your core beliefs line up with the word of God?

2. Do the things that you are looking for/attracted to in the opposite sex based on what the word says a "real" man or woman should be?

3. How much are you allowing the world's views to seep in and "shape" who you want in a future spouse?

4. Do you know what the bible teaches about who you should be as a Godly individual?

The Bible should be the ONLY guide for our lives. To be successful we need to do things God's way.

These are questions that have been on my mind. I keep being reminded to filter what "I" think through the the word and then changing them to line up with the word....

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10