Author Thread
discoverme

View Profile
need some help on meeting some one
Posted : 25 Aug, 2009 11:09 AM

I agree with 'm" ... Honestly, I have been pretty reserved much of my life, but when I would see a guy I liked in my workplace. I would normally try and make conversation and find out his interests. But let me tell you... just because his mother is Christian does "NOT" I mean does "NOT" mean he is christian as well. I have made this mistake too many times, thinking that the guy would come around God just because he grew up in a Christian home. Why don't you just ask him if he is Christian as well and stop assuming he is.

loosing weight first, like your family says is not necessarily the right answer. I personally gained weight over a 2 year period because of my stress at school and such, but I really did see it pretty much impossible to go back to my normal weight. I told God that I wanted someone that loved me for who I was inside and not for what I looked like, and I still do.

But I also wanted to feel better for myself and care for my body, so I prayed and asked God to help me loose weight. I bought a book and I educated myself on eating right and exercised. With Gods help I lost 25 lbs. and still working out to reach my ultimate goal. Learn to be happy with who you are and love yourself. Even if you have an illness God can help you.

Unfortanetly- most guys do want that physical attraction, and honestly - I think us as women also want to feel somehow attracted physicially as well. but I pray that the one God has for me loves me for who I am inside more than what I look like. (not like I am all that great looking outside, but I am a beautiful person inside)

Nora

discoverme

View Profile
IS it wrong to trust?
Posted : 20 Aug, 2009 01:31 PM

Thank you all for your replies.. :-) Its nice getting different points of view. I personally am being a little more catious on who I trust. Have an awesome and blessed day!!!

Thanks Alex, I am doing much better than the last time we spoke. Thank you again for your prayers. :-) K.I.T.

Nora

discoverme

View Profile
IS it wrong to trust?
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 01:00 PM

Hello everyone... Its my first time asking a question.. I kind of like this forum thing.

But I wanted to ask if its ok to believe that the person u are talking to is being honest with you.

I tend to believe that what the other person is telling is all true. I mean..

I am being honest so I assume people are honeSt with me.

I have the same problem with people I meet at school or even work. Why do I believe everything

People tell me is true?

I've had an experience here and many with people I thought were my "friends".

Should I Doubt everyone?

discoverme

View Profile
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 11:07 AM

I know how you feel.... :-)

This has happened to me twice..... one time by someone whom was just sort of fun to talk to and another by someone who seemed to have been an angel sent by God. I think I opened up to quickly and I was judged... I don't know... I normally do this... I tend to feel a need to express my struggles and fears, so I was in the need of a good advice. I wasn't even expecting anything more than friendship coming out of this... but I think I wasn't good enough to be his friend either...

I did question myelf for days what did I do or say? but... I let go ....

maybe that's the benefit of meeting people on a site huh... you can ignore and just stop talking to someone because you feel like it... :-)

I try not to talk to too many people at once... you don't really get to know them if you don't give the attention to that person to get to know them right. Even if it's just a friend that can come out of it. Since I came back to the site which is like 3 days... I talk to two people and that's it. I kind of like this forum thing though.... I've learned quite a bit.

Nora

Nora

discoverme

View Profile
down?
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 09:04 AM

I agree....

Praying is the key.... feeling down is normal... it happen to all of us.. but to some more than others...

it used to happen to me a lot.. I think it had to do with my self esteem and not doing much for myself.

When I'm feeling down, I normally talk to God as if he was right in front of me. I tell him ... Lord! I'm down... give me joy...I don't like feeling this way.

I'm not even talking about being spiritual and praying a sophisticated prayer. Wherever you are... at work, in your car, at home... God is there and he hears us...

Most of the time... a worship song comes to mind... i then play it on and... man! Worship is power! I love it! It's like you and God are one. I don't know how much you like music, but I recommend you listen to Christian music 99% of the time. It feeds your soul.... and when down.... it lifts you up. :-)

One song I love is by mercyme "keep singing" ... great song.

Nora

discoverme

View Profile
looks and weight
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 08:35 AM

Lovespoken....

All I can say is ... don't beat yourself down for that... if this guy doesn't talk to you anymore... it's okay...it's not the end of the world.

Honestly! you can fix the problem. If you are feeling with low self esteem you have to learn to love yourself for who you are and someone WILL look at your inner qualities. But, if you want to feel better about yourself; loose weight. Ask God to help you... afterall, our bodies are the temple of God. We need to take care of it.

I gained some weight during my last year in college. I was stressed and had no time to workout or even eat right. I was determined to love myself the way I was and I actually told myself I wanted to be looked at my inside and not my outside appearance. BUT... I started feeling tired most of the time and lacked energy for almost anything. I asked God to help me and I determined myself to loose weight. I have lost 25 lbs until now and I feel great! I've actually been told now that I am obessesed with calories and so forth, but it's not that. I now have energy that I even went snowboarding this July. It was great excerside! I loved it and I want to do it again.

I noticed the difference on how guys looked at me then and how they look at me now. It's sad, but true.

If you want I can tell you how I lost the weight. Send me a message and I can give you some tips. :-) I'm not an expert, but I can guide you on the basics. I'm working on loosing another 20 lbs. or maybe 10... I don't want to be skinny, just fit. :-)

Nora

discoverme

View Profile
Hello, I'm new to Chat Forum
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 12:37 PM

oooops.... I accidently finished the last message... :-)

but I was saying that I have been attending the same church for the last 12 years. There is really not many people my age that are single... actually.... There isn't any! and I think this is a great place to make new friends that share the same interests as me. :-)

God bless you all!

Nora

discoverme

View Profile
Hello, I'm new to Chat Forum
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 12:33 PM

I opened my profile on this site a couple of months ago and honestly... I had never tried online chats... In the process of learning... I learned you can't trust anyone even if it's a Christian site. I guess I was attracted by some of the profiles I viewed in the beginning. But over all.... I have made some friends and it is actally nice to share your singleness frustrations, dreams, victories, etc....

I've been attending the same church for the last 1

discoverme

View Profile
A Mother's Pain
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 03:38 PM

Hello... I may be reading this a bit late... , but I just started looking at the forums...

Honestly... My six year old has already asked me... "mom don't you want a husband?" I think he wants me to have a husband more than he wants a father.

It helps that I still live with my parents and he has a "father figure" in the house (i guess) .

Although I love my dad, I grew up not feeling him as a real father figure... I had to learn to seek God on this. I still find myself praying at times and calling God ... daddy.... papi... I ask him to embrace me tight like my earthly father NEVER has. it's hard to change that now.... the bible does say " you reap what you sowe" and I can't find myself to be attached to my dad as I ought to be.

Your doughter needs to find that fatherly love in God more than any man...

I am not perfect and I lack guidance in many areas, but God has always been the one I run to. He has been my father, my best friend, my counselor even though I don't always listen, but like a father... he corrects me.

When I felld down or hurting I like to listen to that song from Mercyme "keep singing" that part that says... "can I climb up in your lap, i don't want to leave.... Jesus sing over me...." I love it!!!!!! I picture myself on his lap like a father holds his little girl and sings to her.

Nora

discoverme

View Profile
messages not yet read
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 02:50 PM

I forgot to say that.... I know we all want to feel attracted in some physical way to the other person, but hey! just a simple no thanks... or not interested would be a nice gesture. Specially when you are claming to be a GODLY man. :-)

And we once talked and you just simply don't want to talk anymore.... "don't want to talk to you anymore becuase of such and such..." would also be nice.

I like the truth for as bad and cold as it can be sometimes.. I prefer a cold TRUTH than a bad mean "ignore". It makes me wonder.... what did I do or say?

Page : 1 2