Author Thread
wisteria2008

View Profile
Long-distance story/advice needed (could go in broken hearts)
Posted : 15 May, 2016 05:57 AM

I have had long-distance "friendships" with men over the years, and this is what I have learned:

-they are secretly married

-they want to have flings when passing through town or just a telephone thing is enough for them

-they are compulsive liars

You need to block her every which way, dear young man, and try to meet someone closer to home. She sounds like a grafter to me, and there are a lot of them on these sites.

God bless you.

wisteria2008

View Profile
Respect between the Genders
Posted : 15 May, 2016 05:50 AM

I find that in the last 30 years

wisteria2008

View Profile
Dress code
Posted : 15 May, 2016 05:43 AM

Run, run, run away from this antediluvian dude!

I have found that men are far more controlling in the most casual relationships than they were 30 years ago. I believe it is directly tied to their perception that they are "losing their rights as men" as we women become educated and employed. I personally can't stand it and I won't stand for it, but I am considerably older than you and past childbearing age, which helps. Hormones are a gift from God and also a burden sometimes. They drive us to look for a husband but also cloud our judgment at times.

I have had men order me not to wear perfume, get rid of my cats, not to wear a long dress (it was casual) as it was "too dressy", eat exactly at 6:40 pm because of their diabetes, etc., etc. And my retort is that they don't pay my mortgage and don't own me, so they don't get a vote.

Modesty is great, but a man trying to dictate your wardrobe after one date is really controlling and will lead to other types of really bad control.

wisteria2008

View Profile
Do you believe Jesus can save vile and disgusting sinners?
Posted : 15 May, 2016 05:37 AM

Yes, absolutely. We have all sinned - and God does not differentiate between sins. Sincerely ask God to forgive you and list your egregious sins, and He will.

Then comes the process of forgiving yourself, which is not easy!

wisteria2008

View Profile
Why?
Posted : 15 May, 2016 05:34 AM

Yes, sometimes they post family members with them, which I think is weird.

wisteria2008

View Profile
WOULD YOU GIVE HIM A CHANCE
Posted : 15 May, 2016 05:33 AM

No. There are so many players on these sites now. Mind games abound and they can really mess you up if you sincerely want a friend/companion/mate.

wisteria2008

View Profile
Best Places in Louisville KY for a first date
Posted : 12 May, 2016 04:02 PM

I vote for the following: Barnes & Noble coffee shop; Heine Brothers Coffee. I don't really feel comfortable in bars anymore. I guess there is nothing wrong with a bar but it makes me feel cheap. I like to meet a nice man, look him in the eye, have a cup of coffee or a Coke, and just talk about anything.