Author Thread
larynx84

View Profile
Having "A Moment"
Posted : 18 Jul, 2008 09:50 PM

What is it about having "A moment" with someone of the opposite sex, that makes it "a moment"?

On a recent visit to a store, I passed by a man. I looked up at him to see if his face was familiar. Then he looked up at me. Then one of those moments happened... The long stare, the quick embarrassing smile, and the oh my gosh this is uncomfortable look away now feeling. I continued my shopping, and found my way to the literature section of the store. Minding my own business, with a nose in a book as usual, I glanced up. There he was again. Our eyes once again interlocked, and too awkward smiles appeared. Then the quick look away. He pretended to continue to shop, and I pretended to read The Idiot's Guide to Jesus.

How can this one eye lock, become so magical? So connecting, yet realistically fake and deceiving?

While holding the book in hand, I pictured myself running after this guy, with my hands flying in the air and screaming- Hey Did we have a moment back there, or was that just me?

Then I lost him, somewhere between the checkout and the book isle.

What does anyone else think of this? Have you ever had "A moment?" Isn't there something about the eye contact that is crucial?

larynx84

View Profile
I wonder why.
Posted : 16 Jun, 2008 08:50 AM

On the occasion that my soul longs for a my soulmate, I begin to feel isolated. I look around my small suburnan town, and feel that for a young person of my age, there are no places to meet a gentleman suiter.

So on the occasion I sign up for one of these dating sites. Then I soon forget about them, and move on with my life.

Then something intrigues me to long for my soulmate once more, and I take a look at these dating sites.

But what frustrates me the most is that all of the free dating sites that I have had membership to, there seems to be a lack of involvement to the members.

A majority of the members, build up their own profiles do a quick search for some eligible female or male, and then they hope that some brave soul will contact THEM. They visit the site often for a a week or two, and then finally forget. This flaw in free dating sites are NOT the flaw brought by the admins. For, in order for a dating site to work, the members have to participate.

Yet on a personal note, I wonder why

I still sign up for these dating sites. To be perfectly frank, I like being single right now. Its only when I see those from my graduating class in high school, getting married, and having children. But 9 months ago, I ended an emotionally abusive relationship. Through out those 9 months I have matured incredibly, and I feel like I could actually live single for the rest of my life if circumstances have it be, for I have my God. And that is all I need.

So to all you soulmate seeking website daters, I wish you all luck, and remember God is always are match maker.

larynx84

View Profile
Massachusetts
Posted : 13 Jun, 2008 08:21 PM

Massachusetts is an unpredictable change. It can bewilder the soul, and even stir long forgotton memories. Its mood is personafied by its constant exchange of seasons.

Winter brings a blanket of snow. At first glance it is beautiful, quiet, peaceful. Then the earth seems barren. Heat is hard to come by. The wind is bitter, and the sun has ran away. The soul of Massachusetts seems to be in a state of turmoil. A state full of despair and hopelessness.

Then March marches in like a undecisive solider. One day there will be snow, two days later the sun will reapear! Then the gloomy forcast of clouds deceive the hopefilled Massachuesttians, and cold, bitter rain pours upon the earth.

Spring regains its velocity, and soon April brings forth sheer beauty! God's beauty shines through with his natural art work. Ponds and lakes once frozen with ice, are now flowing. New animals are being born! The sun rays beat warmly on the soil, and soon sprout a plethora of green. Even the humans seem to be more lively! And it is just, for it is Spring.

Summer soon follows, with heat waves and humidity. At night, Crickets can be heard outside in the country side, People can be heard outside in the cities. This sound is calming. Air conditioners are at full blast. Pools are uncovered, and water is splashed.Boating, camping, vacations and such are all apart of summer's fine touch. For the Barbeques on 4th of July, and carnivals, the times seem to fly by.

Autumn here is the best though. A time for new beggingins. For many are subject to a new school, a new teacher, or a new job. Still nature takes its course. The leaves turn rich deep colors of orange, red, yellow, brown, and shades of green. Pumkin patches are being emptied, and jack o lanterns are being hung. Children are getting settled in because now the school year has begun. The air is cool and comfortable for a walk on autum's day. But when Thanksgiving day has come, and the football games are through, you know that winter will soon be here to freeze that morning dew.

larynx84

View Profile
A Free Spirit
Posted : 9 Jun, 2008 07:26 PM

I for one am a free spirit. And I am so glad that God helped me learn this gift.

Sometimes in order to Praise him, I walk around my house with the stereo blasting a happy song and I am dancing and singing really loud to God. I am soo happy that I can feel free to dance and sing the way I want, and that God knows that as much as I have a figurative 2 left feet that he knows that this is my way to praise him. I am filled with the holy spirit. If I am single for the rest of my life, I don't care, because I will ALWAYS have God at my side. And if the right guy comes along, I leave it up to God.

Praise God for he Loves us all, single, married, divorced, widowed, or vocationally inclined! : )

larynx84

View Profile
Hello from Shannon
Posted : 6 Jun, 2008 08:29 PM

Hello.

I live in the MA suburbs.

I just graduated from College.

I love music! I love to sing music, and I am learning the guitar. I listen to just about everything including classic rock, old school rap/hiphop, 80's, pop, Alternative, New Age, Opera, selected country, JAZZ, Christian Rock, Christian Alternative (which I refer to as Angry Christian Music), musicals, Baroque, Classical, Romantic periods of Classical music and Irish Punk rock.

I LOVE coffee. Its a social thing. Although I don't need it as a requirement to get up.

I love being involved in a church. Wether by sunday school, ccd, church clean up, craft fair volunteer, or worship.

I love movie watching, except for Horror.

I am a geek. I love sci fi, playing Dungeons and Dragons (with a D20), I am an occasional Mythbusters watcher, and occasionally I L.A.R.P. I play video games, and I am a book worm. (Disclamer) However, these are all fantasy games to me, and I don't take them seriously.

I like to write ALOT. (although my grammar is pretty bad.) So if your a Grammar fanatic- I personally don't care.

I love animals. I have a gorgeous cat who is 13, who believes she is three. My parents have 2 dogs, and 2 cats.

I used to have rats, and hampsters.

I am a very caring person, sometimes self sacrificing, but I'm working on that.

I love God and I want to serve him in every way possible. I have believed since I was 3 years old and I remember the moment vividly.

I occasinally drink, but if I had to count, it would be every other month- 1 glass of red wine, or a mud slide, or watermelon martini. I think for the most part, as long as a person is not drinking to get plastered its okay.

I am not sure what else to say. So yeah just message me and I will (I promise) message you back.