Author Thread
scarredwarrior

View Profile
Agreement
Posted : 18 Jun, 2016 09:36 PM

I have seen this happen. In the few cases from people I know. In these cases it was because happened one of the partners (men do it to, although it's harder) manipulates the system. They claim abuse, or abandonment etc. etc. With one friend, the wife claimed abuse and got a restraining order including the kids. With no time, the child support was so high, that in the end he was bled dry and couldn't even fight anymore. Unfortunately, there are a lot of well intending laws ( or not, I'm not always sure) that have had very bad unintended consequences

scarredwarrior

View Profile
Agreement
Posted : 18 Jun, 2016 09:35 PM

I have seen this happen. In the few cases from people I know. In these cases it was because happened one of the partners (men do it to, although it's harder) manipulates the system. They claim abuse, or abandonment etc. etc. With one friend, the wife claimed abuse and got a restraining order including the kids. With no time, the child support was so high, that in the end he was bled dry and couldn't even fight anymore. Unfortunately, there are a lot of well intending laws ( or not, I'm not always sure) that have had very bad unintended consequences