Author Thread
SeaBreezes

View Profile
The joke thread
Posted : 11 Nov, 2010 09:47 PM

For all of you techies out there like myself......

There are three engineers in a car; an electrical engineer, a chemical engineer, and a Microsoft Software Engineer.

Suddenly the car just stops by the side of the road, and the three engineers look at each other wondering what could be wrong.

The electrical engineer suggests stripping down the electronics of the car and trying to trace where a fault might have occurred.

The chemical engineer, not knowing much about cars, suggests that maybe the fuel is becoming emulsified and getting blocked somewhere.

Then the Microsoft engineer, not knowing much about anything, comes up with a suggestion. "Why don't we close all the windows, get out, get back in, open the windows again, and maybe it'll work!?"

:ROFL: I know I shouldn't laugh at my own jokes... but, oh well..... :ROFL:

SeaBreezes

View Profile
The joke thread
Posted : 11 Nov, 2010 09:45 PM

A man flying in a hot air balloon realizes he is lost. He reduces his

altitude and spots a man in a field down below. He lowers the balloon further and shouts, "Excuse me, can you tell me where I am?"

The man below says, "Yes, you're in a hot air balloon, about 30 feet above this field."

"You must be an engineer," says the balloonist.

"I am. How did you know?"

"Everything you told me is technically correct, but it's of no use to anyone."

The man below says, "You must be in management."

"I am. But how did you know?"

"You don't know where you are, or where you're going, but you expect me to be able to help. You're in the same position you were before we met, but now

it's my fault."

SeaBreezes

View Profile
How does your Christian heart and spirit feel about "harmless white lies"? Are they TRULY "harmless'" in a Christian lifestyle? Is "Santa Claus" a "white lie" that God sees as "harmless" and OK for Christians to be a part of fostering in their younger children's lives, like the world believes?
Posted : 9 Nov, 2010 09:08 PM

I never believed in Santa Claus or Easter Bunny, etc. I would never lie to a child and lead them to believe that he is real. I have personally known a couple of people who did believe in Santa and then were so crushed when they found out that their parents had lied to them. They did not trust their parents when they talked about Jesus.

I don't lie to kids so if a child has been taught to believe in Santa and asks me if Santa is real I tell them:

"No, Santa Clause is just pretend. People have a lot of fun pretending about Santa and adults sometimes think it will be better if children think that Santa is real - which is silly because kids are the BEST at pretending!"

They usually accept this really well because they pretend to be all kinds of characters and they have just as much fun pretending as they would if they believed Santa was real.

SeaBreezes

View Profile
What's the story behind your profile picture?
Posted : 3 Nov, 2010 11:11 PM

It seems like I always forget to bring my camera when I'm doing something fun. My profile pic is just a snapshot someone took in the office.

SeaBreezes

View Profile
COULD YOU?
Posted : 30 Oct, 2010 10:16 PM

I agree with the majority of other posters - forgiveness and trust are two separate things. In any situation, it is wise to have boundaries to protect ourselves and loved ones. In these extreme situations, the boundaries might be a little stricter.

TwoSparrows - you crack me up.... :ROFL: I have felt that way about a few people ...... :ROFL:

SeaBreezes

View Profile
I'm not ready.
Posted : 10 Sep, 2009 02:38 PM

L -

Let me start by telling you how beautiful I think your post was. I think you should maybe print it out and give it to her when she is in those last stages. I think it will be as precious to her as it was to me - and more.

Since you know that she is a Christian and she will be leaving this world to be with God, naturally your thoughts are on the actual process of dying and of your loss and the loss of other loved ones.

I hope that you will be able to put aside all of the concerns of how you should act and how she is going to act. She sounds like she has been a great mother and I can't believe that she will have a problem no matter what you do.

If you cry, you cry and that's okay ... and I think it will be okay with her.

If she cries, that's okay.

If you can laugh together, that's okay.

If you talk about the past, that's okay.

If you talk about how much you will miss her, that's okay.

If you are silent, that's okay ...

If she is silent, that's okay...

The only thing that matters is that you love each other and you will be with her through this process and you will be seeing each other again.

Just be with her .... that's what we would all want I think.

I'm sort of new to this site but I already know that you will be supported in prayer from many people here, including me.

So keep reaching out to God, family, and friends as you go through this - you do not have to go alone.

Your sister in Christ,

Cynthia

SeaBreezes

View Profile
to all the ladies....
Posted : 30 Jul, 2009 07:07 PM

Thanks Steven for the encouraging words. I'm sure it will be a tremendous blessing to many more ladies.

God bless you at work. It may be hard to be the only light in a dark place but you never know what seeds you are sowing in the people there. I only hope that you get to see some of the harvests also.

God Bless.