Author Thread
gracealone

View Profile
King James
Posted : 16 Jul, 2008 06:21 PM

I prefer the NASB (New American Standard Bible). To my knowledge it is the most accurate word-for-word translation around. It is an excellent bible to study from, but of course I could be biased because I started with it. I have no problem with some of the other versions though. I do express some concern with some of the "paraphrased" versions because a less than diserning christian could possibly(and I mean possibly) be misled.

Praise the name of our Father who is so rich in mercy as to save a failure like me who I'm sure is wrong all the time. To God be the glory!

Blessings to all

gracealone

View Profile
Sermon on the mount
Posted : 4 Jul, 2008 06:18 PM

If you're looking for a deep and meaty book that's very readable, read Martin Lloyd Jones' "Studies in the Sermon on the Mount". It's a bit long, but so well worth it. I'm sure it will bless your heart like it blessed mine.

gracealone

View Profile
Funny things on Christian Dating For Free!
Posted : 30 Jun, 2008 03:04 PM

You know what I think is funny? The fact that the little yellow icon dudes/dudettes are shown drunk and drinking together! They even have one of a pitcher of beer! By the way, how did Mr. T get involved with this???

gracealone

View Profile
How "Christian" should a man be?
Posted : 24 May, 2008 08:49 PM

I'm curious as to how serious a christian man do you gals want? I'm begining to believe that the majority of women want a "christian" guy as long as he's not overly devoted. I wonder how many women would be okay if the man they are out and about with started witnessing to someone in public. I am simply curious, nothing more. Have a great day!

gracealone

View Profile
Just saying hi!
Posted : 24 May, 2008 08:35 PM

Hello out there!!! I must be some kind of idiot. Although I don't get on here much, I didn't realize they had a forum. Oh well, learn something new everyday....

Blessings