Author Thread
eric198375

View Profile
Do you think a woman should approach you?
Posted : 6 Dec, 2009 11:46 PM

Sometimes guys are a little clueless to girls who are interested in them. Many of us feel like this puts us in a guessing game. Does she like me? I like to think that I can pick up on clues but I've struck out twice in the past few months.

So in conclusion, I wouldn't mind at all if a girl asked for my phone number.

My dad said something with quite a bit of truth to it on Thanksgiving. He said that guys would like to think that we pick the girl, but in reality, the girl picks us.

eric198375

View Profile
Joel Osteen?
Posted : 2 Dec, 2009 10:43 AM

Dear GodsJude,

Thanks for setting us straight. That information was quite helpful.

eric198375

View Profile
Joel Osteen?
Posted : 1 Dec, 2009 03:22 PM

Dear GodsJude,

You are right. This discussion, prompted largely by me, has gone to tearing him apart. So without attacking his character or asking for specific sources, let me ask a broader question that is open to interpretation.

What has/is Joel Osteen doing for Christianity in America?

eric198375

View Profile
Joel Osteen?
Posted : 1 Dec, 2009 02:04 PM

Dear GodsJude,

I would love to be able to tell people that Osteen is promoting the Kingdom of Heaven rather than just sell books. From what I've seen he doesn't stoop to Benny Hinn's level but I haven't heard him carrying out the Great Commission either (Matthew 28:18-20). Could you possibly set me straight with some youtube links, audio files, or quotes from his books in regards to what he is doing to promote the Gospel?

I think its great if you like Osteen for being a positive influence. But until I hear him publicly announce that Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, I have to say that he is a lousy pastor.

eric198375

View Profile
Any guys....?
Posted : 1 Dec, 2009 10:15 AM

Not at at all! You are cute. Like I said, I would go on a date with you.

eric198375

View Profile
what makes a girl attractive?
Posted : 30 Nov, 2009 11:27 PM

I guess I can't speak for every guy but looks are the first thing a guy notices. If he likes what he sees, its possible that he will attempt to make some sort of contact with the girl.

Now here is the good news. Its been said before, but not every guy finds the same girl attractive. For example, I think Vera Farmiga is beautiful. One of my friends thinks otherwise. Its what makes everyone unique.

eric198375

View Profile
Go Beavs!
Posted : 30 Nov, 2009 11:22 PM

With the Civil War game coming, I think its appropriate to throw something out to Oregon State.

... And go Blazers!

eric198375

View Profile
Joel Osteen?
Posted : 30 Nov, 2009 04:38 PM

GodsJude

The thing is that I haven't heard Osteen teaching the way of salvation.

eric198375

View Profile
PLEASE help me understand something...
Posted : 29 Nov, 2009 11:52 PM

Miami,

In answer to your question - what guys really mean by "how are you?"

Its just a way of starting a conversation. It has a little more meaning than "hi". Its a question I ask multiple times per day when I'm checking groceries. About the only expectation we have is that your answer will somewhat synch up with the question.

So, looking at the conversation, I don't think there were any hidden messages from "Guy". It just looked like an awkward conversation to me without any direction.

eric198375

View Profile
Any guys....?
Posted : 29 Nov, 2009 10:49 PM

No "young guys" have posted yet. Okay, well I'll throw in my 2 cents.

Cubbie, if I lived near Redding I would ask you out for at least 1 date. Since we have never had contact of any sort I can't say after that. But based upon appearances, which every guy I know bases initial decisions on, I would go on at least 1 date with you.

I do have a couple friends in Redding. Both of them are married though. Drop by In N' Out for me.

Page : 1 2 3 4