Author Thread
MNRay49

View Profile
Hello, it's me
Posted : 6 Dec, 2018 11:57 PM

Hi, my name is Ray. I am 58 and live in Minneapolis. I think I am a pretty sensitive person. In fact, I am crying as I write this. Not because I am sad, but the hot sauce I put on my dinner tonight was a little hot. Wow. I have a thing for hot and spicy foods even though my body is finding ways to remind me it does not appreciate me doing that. Had a colonscopy last week, pretty excited about that. The sedation med was awesome. Don't let my profile turn you off. Just being honest. I am happy with me, its onward and upward which is why I am taking a chance on this site. Well, take care, maybe we'll chat sometime. Chow.

MNRay49

View Profile
Divorce and remarriage
Posted : 6 Dec, 2009 06:57 PM

Interesting topic. It's ironic because I met with my pastor last week as I was considering remarriage after having been divorced many years. We went through the Scriptures, discussed some things, and he gave me some things concerning this subject on both sides. But from my understanding, Luke 16:18 seems pretty clear, as in, no I can't as long as my ex is living. And even if I were free and clear I still can't marry a woman who is divorced.

MNRay49

View Profile
TV Evangelists
Posted : 3 Oct, 2009 01:54 PM

Well, I've been listening to Joel Osteen a little bit, just for my own curiousity and have started into the book I am reading. So far, I don't find where you think it is diluted, i haven't seen it yet. As far as not being effective, how did you come to that? Have you tried it or it based on what someone else said. I'm not ready to jump on any one person's bandwagon, but I'm sure not going to buy into someone elses opinions and concepts. God will help me to make up my own mind.

MNRay49

View Profile
Extra McCheesy emails
Posted : 1 Oct, 2009 06:28 PM

So I suppose calling you Honeybee won't get me a cup of coffee will it? hahahaha!!!

MNRay49

View Profile
TV Evangelists
Posted : 29 Sep, 2009 05:45 PM

What lead you to believe they are all bad though. What is that based on. I grew up listening to Billy Graham with my Mom so I can't really buy in to the fact that all those I mentioned are all bad.

MNRay49

View Profile
TV Evangelists
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 06:22 PM

I have a Christian friend and coworker whom I have been discussing tv evangelists with the past couple of weeks. She partcularly likes joyce Meyer and has mentioned Creflo Dollar, TD Jakes, and Joel Osteen although I don't think she listens to Joel, just mentioned it. I want to form my own opinions and have decided to read one of Joels older books to see what he says. But I thought I would throw this out there to get other peoples opinions.

MNRay49

View Profile
Extra McCheesy emails
Posted : 27 Sep, 2009 01:54 PM

So there are weirdos on here. Hmm. Guess I'll have to be careful about how I start my e-mails too!!

MNRay49

View Profile
Denominations of Faith
Posted : 26 Sep, 2009 11:43 AM

Thanks cattle. Nice to be here. A friend suggested this site and I have been pleasantly surprised. A chrisitian coworker and i were talking the other day so i decided to post the question. I personally would not want to tie God's hands by limiting myself to only some of the possibilities out there.

MNRay49

View Profile
Denominations of Faith
Posted : 26 Sep, 2009 10:53 AM

I am curious as to what others think on this topic. I myself am a baptist and I look for baptist profiles alot. But I have found and talked to a few people on this site that are Pentocostal or non-denominational, etc. How important do you feel it is for a baptist to be with a baptist, etc. There are aspects of different faiths that don't coexist and am curious as to other opinions. I do think there is a gap between different aspects that sooner or later could create problems, even in a Christian relationship.

MNRay49

View Profile
Greetings from Minnesota
Posted : 19 Sep, 2009 10:33 AM

Out of curiosity, where is Johnson City? I've been to Nashville.

Page : 1 2