Author Thread
bcpianogal

View Profile
Interracial dating- God's will?
Posted : 19 Sep, 2009 09:40 AM

I might regret posting on this subject, but I've done a lot of thinking about it, so here goes.

I don't consider myself to be racist. I have friends from a variety of races (particularly Asian, African-American, and Hispanic), however I do not find myself attracted to men of a very different race than myself (I'm caucasian...although supposedly there is some Cherokee Indian in the family tree somewhere). I don't really know why. Perhaps it is the way I was raised, perhaps it is the region in which I live, or perhaps it's just a matter of personal preference. I DO NOT think that it is un-Biblical to marry or date inter-racially.

bcpianogal

View Profile
HEIGHT DIFFRENCES
Posted : 12 Sep, 2009 12:46 PM

In response to Legend's post: "As for someone who is overweight, that's one thing I can't deal with. In a way, it demonstrates the non-repentant lifestyle of gluttony."

Just because someone is overweight does not mean that the person is guilty of gluttony. There are numerous factors that can cause a person to be overweight. Genetics, health problems, malfunctioning organs or glands, clinical depression, medications, and yes, gluttony. While it is certainly your right to prefer thin women, you should not assume that all overweight people have no self control or a "non-repentant lifestyle of gluttony."

Now, as for height -- it doesn't make a difference to me! Of course, I'm on the short side (5' 3" or 5' 4"...depends on who measures me), so it's not hard to find someone at least a little taller than me. But, I know several happy couples where the woman is considerably taller than the man. They don't seem to care one little bit!

bcpianogal

View Profile
3 options for FIRsT move
Posted : 12 Sep, 2009 09:31 AM

Either an email or a wink. I never see the instant messages. (It has gotten to the point where if someone wants to chat, that person has to IM me letting me know, then the missed message goes into my inbox, and I have to send that person an IM so that we can chat...it's terribly confusing!)

But back to the point: a wink is easier to ignore if I don't think that person would be a good match. I wink at lots of people, and most never respond. It doesn't hurt my feelings.

An email, on the other hand, means that someone actually took time to write a message, no matter how short, and I feel that I have to send a message back. If I sent the first message, I know that I would like at least something sent back!

A note on e-mails -- if someone is going to send me one, it had better have decent grammar, spelling, and punctuation. I won't respond to something that looks like a 5 year old kid wrote it. Shallow, maybe, but that's the way I am.

bcpianogal

View Profile
does anyone like Yanni and also celtic music?
Posted : 8 Sep, 2009 03:16 PM

I got to see Celtic Woman live in concert in March, and they were incredible! The two new girls are quite good, but of course they aren't Maev and Orla. Who are some other celtic artists that you like? I'm always looking for new favorites!!!

bcpianogal

View Profile
Giving out persnal information
Posted : 6 Sep, 2009 09:45 AM

OK, the name situation is fine now...thanks for the advice!

bcpianogal

View Profile
NANNY 911
Posted : 4 Sep, 2009 04:54 PM

I enjoy the show, but it drives me crazy that the parents are as bad as the kids! The nanny has to train them, then the kids are OK! What is the world coming to?!?

bcpianogal

View Profile
Games
Posted : 4 Sep, 2009 04:50 PM

This is an interesting discussion. So far, it seems like some people make it really obvious on their profiles that they are looking to get married, or that they are only interested in friendship, not marriage. Others (me included) just say they are looking for anything. Is it deceptive to say I am looking for "anything" if in reality I wouldn't mind meeting Mr. Right should he happen to be on here? The only reasons why I didn't put "long term relationship," or "a marriage partner," or whatever the choices were, are that I didn't want to come across as desperate and I didn't want to attract men who don't care who they converse with, as long as it leads to a more permanent relationship. What advice would you all give? Y'all are obviously a lot more experienced at this sort of thing!

I like what you said about no sexual conversations. Talk about awkward! I think the most that should be said is something that relates to what you or the other person is looking for (ie. virgin only, divorced ok, never married parent ok, etc.). That just seems like a good way to weed out the ones that are definitely not for you, and therefore keep you from stringing anyone along falsely. Make sense?

bcpianogal

View Profile
Giving out persnal information
Posted : 3 Sep, 2009 07:39 PM

From a girl's perspective... If a guy sends me his contact info in the first message, I don't even reply. That's only happened once on here (I'm new, though!). I certainly don't send contact info, or even include info that could be linked to me. I googled my username, and it didn't turn up anything on me!

On another site, I had a guy "online stalking" me. I couldn't even log onto the site without him trying to IM me, and he viewed my profile multiple times a day. He was totally weird, and wouldn't take no for an answer. He kept trying to share his e-mail address (against the rules), and wanted me to contact him off-site.

But here's another question: how soon is too soon to share just a simple first name? I included mine in my profile (it's not my full name, just the nickname I go by). I don't mind people knowing my name. It adds a personal touch to such an impersonal way of getting to know someone. However, some of the messages I have received have included no name at all, even after a few exchanges. I find it a little odd to exchange messages with someone that I have to think of by his username only! Should I ask for a name, or assume that the guy feels it is too personal to share with someone he is just casually chatting with (even after several messages have been exchanged)? I don't want contact info, just a normal name to put with the profile! So what do y'all think?

Thanks!!!

Beth

bcpianogal

View Profile
So, girls...
Posted : 3 Sep, 2009 07:18 PM

Sure, it's a touchy subject. I suppose it's better to be honest than have a guy think you are swimsuit model material and then be disappointed! And the way it's approached on this site is way better than one site I saw where you have to give your weight range! That's totally not fair!

bcpianogal

View Profile
INDOCTRINATION - How University Betrays Students
Posted : 3 Sep, 2009 11:36 AM

And I thought this topic would be about how the University Betrays Students...

...guess I'm the wrong place!

(By the way, send kids to the college where I teach, and none of that stuff in the article applies!)

Page : 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164