Author Thread
j_van

View Profile
Happily Ever After...without Prince Charming
Posted : 7 Feb, 2009 05:59 PM

I agree with Lynda on the issue of singleness. After so long, it sucks! I have seen nowhere in scripture that we are supposed to wait for God to "bring" us a mate. Don't even try to use one of the many 'those who wait on the Lord" verses. That has nothing to do with this. God gave us free will, and a brain.Oh, and the desire to have a mate. That was His design, not some fallen, fleshly invention. We hear this idea or cliche repeated so much, that it gets confused with the truth. And it is useless to try and use the Apostle Paul as an example of this. I'm not Paul, and niether are any of you. I fact, I doubt that there are many apostles reading this at all. And even if, who says one would have to be single? Singleness is over-rated, and myself and the majority of free thinking people will not be content to go on with out. I'm not saying we should just flipantly enter into marraige, or marry unbelievers. It should not be done out of sheer desaration. I think I'll let this go here.

j_van

View Profile
I have been single for the last seven years.
Posted : 1 Feb, 2009 06:24 PM

God bless you sister. You are absolutely precious! IHave you ever read "The God's Honest Truth"? If not, try it and see. I wonder because you have the nerve to say what you did. Visit darinhufford.com some time, aka free believers network.