Author Thread
SnugglyBear

View Profile
Tradtional Hyms,Vintage Good Ol' Gospel Music(40s-90's)& Mordern(Contemorary)Gospel music of today.Which to you is better?
Posted : 5 Jan, 2011 08:12 AM

Thanks Joey .. lots of good stuff that I will be looking into

SnugglyBear

View Profile
Guys, why does a woman's age matter?
Posted : 23 Jan, 2010 06:50 AM

Thanks Devoted,

You covered some points that are very important for me.. maybe the core of what I was thinking and meant to say..

I am so thankful to God for my health but taking care of one's temple takes commitment similar to a marriage relationship and is a part of one's personality.

One should be willing to devote the same care for one's mate in making the right choices with sacrifice and dedication, persevering to see the results and to enjoy the fruits of their efforts ..glad I came back to this topic

God bless you

SnugglyBear

View Profile
What are the greatest turn-offs when viewing profiles?
Posted : 23 Jan, 2010 06:17 AM

Thanks Singer1,

Good advice.. I've got some work to do..

God bless you

SnugglyBear

View Profile
Before or After?
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 09:16 AM

I so much agree myself.. I've made that mistake and it can be so painful in the long run.. but God is good and teaches us. We all learn from mistakes but it's better to trust God and to believe and practice what He has shown us in His word.. I believe God will bless us for that..

His love for us is far more than we can love each other but I think it shows us that like Angelwing says, love is a choice. It is a commitment not a feeling ..

God for His own reason and purpose chose us for salvation.. He had made a commitment to us and we can count on Him and trust Him that He will never ever leave us.

And marriage is a covenant. Intimacy is a sort of seal on that covenant I think..

I think it's a pretty good idea to get to know someone well enough to know that they mean what they say about intimacy before marriage before actually spending time with them face to face..

I have met such wonderful people on this site.. and on the CL site..

But many of us have had hurtful relationships in the past.. some suffering from a low self esteem and some just out of a marriage that was beyond repair.. But it is a false notion that intimacy will easy the pain and give bring us peace and joy in our hearts.

Far from it... It can cause such confusion..

It's better to take time.. time to heal, time to know God better and to love Him more.. and let Him lead us in the way we conduct our lives...

Well, I meant to add a little more .. ha.. but not turning the phone off has derailed by train of thought.. God bless you all

SnugglyBear

View Profile
Sharing your past...when is the right time?
Posted : 13 Jan, 2010 10:36 PM

I really like your response and also the girl who follows you (angel I think).. I can't imagine that having been living on the street at one time would be a "deal" breaker.. We are all sinners.. and only by God's grace did we emerge from being dead in our sins, whatever they were..

In Christ we are no longer condemned.. praise God.. but I totally agree that there has to be a trust established first.. God will lead if we follow.. but honesty and communication are number one in any lasting relationship..

Blessings

Gordon

SnugglyBear

View Profile
Guys, why does a woman's age matter?
Posted : 9 Jan, 2010 01:06 AM

Well Surfgirl,

You are beautiful.. take a long look in the mirror.. Look again in 20 years.

I'm a Christian.. what matters most is the inner person and the beauty that is there.. but I would be lying if I said looks doesn't count.. looks does count and so does chemistry (something that still works fine for me)..

I believe God made men and women attractive to each other for a reason.. Sometimes I believe He makes a CERTAIN person attracted to another to bring them together..

Anyway .. I don't think I would be attracted to someone who thinks that's shallow. lol

Gordon