Author Thread
jbaspire7

View Profile
Let's analyze fave song lyrics, mine is Chasing Pavements by Adele, what's yours?
Posted : 14 Dec, 2011 04:09 AM

though the song is really about unexpressed love to someone, i'd like to look into the chorus more.

it says, "should i give up or should i just keep chasin' pavements even if it leads nowhere"

i feel this in my pursuits or with my desires. at times, we might not really know the end (that it would lead nowhere), but we keep the chase because we forget to stop and ponder. this phrase is the same as what solomon said in ecclesiastes that we "chase after the wind.

jbaspire7

View Profile
ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED...????...heaven to hell and back again...
Posted : 26 Oct, 2010 09:55 PM

this is such a deep topic with years of debate in between. i beleive this mostly depend on ones theological background. they say for baptists, it's once saved, always saved. for others, they say one has to work out their salvation as what apostle paul said. i do not have a firm stand on this topic, but i guess the real bottomline is everyone has to respond to God's call of growing from glory to glory. some missed the opportunity to know God deeper because they stopped at the idea of salvation. God is bigger and wider and sweeter when we get to know him more. =p

jbaspire7

View Profile
Is True Virginity important anymore?
Posted : 26 Jun, 2010 10:48 AM

yes, i think it is as important as standing "firm" in faith. why? because so many christians today lost it by choice even if they knew God forbade doing it outside marriage. sometimes christians also think that they can pick what commands hold on to (esp on issues about intimacy) in the bible according to what's appealing to them, without giving a second thought of God's original design for sex.

just to be clear, i am not judging them, esp those who stood short and had fallen. we can always appeal to God's grace and mercy. however, to those who are still "virgins" i hope they can hold on to it until their wedding night.

God bless!

jbaspire7

View Profile
Different Denomination
Posted : 11 Mar, 2010 11:52 AM

my take on this is, we are all parts of one body. yes, there are dominations, though as much as possible we should unify, this is as important due to our individual differences. remember the tower of babel? even if we are christians, we still live in the flesh and we might all conspire against the will of God (just as the builders of the tower had thought...i think they only wanted what's best) when we all have one mind.

the bottomline is, let's focus on Jesus, polish our walk with him and obey.

God bless!

jbaspire7

View Profile
Never been in a relationship
Posted : 11 Mar, 2010 10:20 AM

hi jason,

don't feel bad, you're still very young. when you get older, you would probably realized it was great that you did not enter into one in such a young age.

my tip, get to know the girls around and search yourself what kind of personality fits well with yours. look into the qualities of the girl you would want to date too. lastly, i view dating and relationships as a step to getting married, if you're not ready yet, don't push it!

God bless! =p

jbaspire7

View Profile
online dating...miles away?
Posted : 11 Mar, 2010 10:14 AM

wow, that's great prov31_lady.

just to share, have you heard that "when God made you" song? personally, i feel amazed when two people fall for each other and make that decision to take it to the next level. why? because it takes faith and trust (to the partner and to God) that it will work out. :applause:

jbaspire7

View Profile
Keychain Stories
Posted : 5 Mar, 2010 12:29 PM

mine is the souvenir of our red-carpet themed christmas party last 2006. i've used it eversince because of the great time i had with my officemates. it always reminded me of what "clean fun" was all about. i was one of the organizers of that party too and i'm happy that we did well. =p

jbaspire7

View Profile
Are the roles reversing?
Posted : 5 Mar, 2010 12:07 PM

hi old-fashioned guy...i got your point, but isn't also very limiting for a woman to just stay at home? we are all created in God's image with different abilities and he also mandated us to be stewards of those abilities.

there are marriages that did not work even if the woman stayed at home. i also knew of men who stayed at home and the woman is the one working, but they have such a strong relationship.

i don't see getting a higher degree or pusuing higher learning or getting empowered as the issue here. i see the issue as more of the priority. if we know God's design for us and we do not just limit ourselves to roles, then we will be able to get into that "partnership" called marriage, work it out and live it to glorify the Lord.

jbaspire7

View Profile
online dating...miles away?
Posted : 5 Mar, 2010 11:53 AM

what's your view of this? not that i am at that situation now, but i find the arrangement bizzarre.

does it really work?

jbaspire7

View Profile
Christianity means........................................to me
Posted : 5 Mar, 2010 11:46 AM

christianity means loving the Lord and seeking to know him everyday. this first line might sound so idealistc, but for me it is the starting point to obedience - which can be tough and a battle in the mind.

christianity also means having a mind set to glorify the Lord...yes, i've been hurt (momentarily and at that point of denying what pleases me/i/myself) so many times because of this mind set. however, i found real freedom and deeper joy with it.

yes, christianity is how we live it and not just a simple school of thought as my end note. =p