Give pearls to pig?
Posted : 19 Sep, 2010 06:06 PM

The pearl is the Good News.

The swine are those that are not ready to receive the Good News

InHisHonor

View Profile
What are the things that you could
Posted : 18 Sep, 2010 10:15 AM

One of my big pet peeves is snapping gum. It really drives me up the wall. Along with chewing with your mouth open, foul mouth (I can understand if something slips out once in a while), and a few other things.

InHisHonor

View Profile
What are the things that you could
Posted : 18 Sep, 2010 08:02 AM

I'm about the same as Silverfire.

There are things that I really don't like and will not compromise on. Some people may find it insignifcant (not including theology stuff) but will drive me up the wall.

InHisHonor

View Profile
Should I...?
Posted : 18 Sep, 2010 07:56 AM

He may have a really busy job and may not be able to email answers to your questions yet. I say if he hasn't responded to you by tomorrow send him a follow up and see where it goes.

InHisHonor

View Profile
imprecatory prayers
Posted : 14 Sep, 2010 03:42 PM

Mark "The only people we get to judge are the ones inside the church."

I'm curious to know where you came up with that?

InHisHonor

View Profile
imprecatory prayers
Posted : 14 Sep, 2010 03:35 PM

Zaohagios wrote

�Mat 23:13 But Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!

Mat 23:15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!

Mat 23:16 Woe to you, blind guides, who say, 'If anyone swears by the temple, it is nothing, but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.'

Mat 23:23 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!

Mat 23:25 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!

Mat 23:27 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!

Mat 23:29 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!

That is Jesus cursing them seven times.

1Cor 16:22 If anyone has no love for the Lord, let him be accursed. Our Lord, come!

Gal 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Gal 5:13 I wish those who unsettle you would emasculate themselves!

Revelation 6:10 They cried out with a loud voice, "O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?"

What they all have in common is that the curse is called on the enemies of God not of man. Also in one of the Psalms after the curse it is asked that may this lead to their salvation.�

Sorry for the delay in responding, I had to do a little studying on these verses to make sure of their meaning hermeneutically.

The seven woes are not imprecatory prayers. They do not invoke evil, nor are they a curse. They are statements made to the Pharisees of the sorrow they would have.

1 Cor 16:22 is also not an imprecatory prayer but another statement. And wasn't even made by Jesus but by Paul.

Gal 1:8 another statement not an imprecatory prayer by Paul

Gal 5:13 is quoted wrong it's Gal 5:12 Another statement not an imprecatory prayer.

Rev 6:10 Is a question not an imprecatory prayer

If Jesus would have made an imprecatory prayer the action would have happened then an there. As when he told the tree to wither or when he silenced the storm (also not imprecatory prayers). If Jesus would have made an imprecatory prayer it would have gone against His teachings of turning the other check, and to love enemies and bless them. Jesus did away with the imprecatory prayers in the Psalms when He made these statements.

InHisHonor

View Profile
If you were dating a girl...
Posted : 14 Sep, 2010 08:32 AM

Saved said "InHisHonor Silver... Clearly you chose to interpret what I said to fit

and justify your input. From your responses it is clear to me you both

have never experienced Rape or worked with women or men who have.

I will leave it there..."

I would say that clearly you are wrong because I have talked with women that have been raped and some women do wonder if men will still love them after what happened.

Please don't make assumptions on my life experiences when you really have no clue what I have gone through.

InHisHonor

View Profile
imprecatory prayers
Posted : 13 Sep, 2010 10:52 AM

This can be a real tough one I think because at first you would want to see those that destroy what God holds dear be stopped. Also we may have a lot of emotional ties to things that we know to be cruel, such as what the Nazi did.

First we have to remember that the Psalms were part of the old covenant. We have to think to ourselves "are we to pray the same way?", we have to look at Jesus, was there a time that He prayed this way. I can't remember, off the top of my head, of any time that Jesus prayed an imprecatory prayer. If I'm wrong on that let me know because my memory isn't that great. :goofball:

I do remember Him asking God to forgive those that crucified Him. I remember Him saying to love our enemies and to pray for those that persecute you.

So I really don't think that we should pray for a peoples destruction or pray for evil to fall on a person.

InHisHonor

View Profile
Sexy?
Posted : 13 Sep, 2010 10:15 AM

I think that word is thrown around way to casually.

Sex being the core of sexy is just saying, as Storm says, that you find someone sexually attractive.

Personally I wouldn't say that to a girlfriend and I wouldn't call my wife that in front of others. I wouldn't want to put the idea in someone's head that they should find my wife sexually attractive.

InHisHonor

View Profile
If you were dating a girl...
Posted : 13 Sep, 2010 09:14 AM

I will agree with SilverFire here.

For all we know a victim of rape may see this and realize that they are still wanted by men that love them.

I think keeping somethings hidden away and not talking about it is the key reason why some women won't go seek the help they need. The victim is made to feel that they are the ones that have an issue and should suffer in silence.

Posts like this can serve as an encouragement for women.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10