Author Thread
Paradisio15

View Profile
Godly men
Posted : 30 Jan, 2010 12:52 PM

I do NOT think that any two Christians who follow the word should be together. It's our nature to feel more strongly about some people than others, call it chemistry or whatever you like. It may be biological, or it may be God's way of telling us that two people share something, be it deeper than interests or feelings.

I don't think that every Christian man is meant to be with every Christian woman, I believe there is someone out there perfect for each one of us. Even if we let one person pass we may have though was that one, God always gives us another chance.

Paradisio15

View Profile
Godly men
Posted : 30 Jan, 2010 11:56 AM

Haha, well, that's a bit of a complicated question. Especially considering that there are quite a few different "fruits". I think the one's Paul describes are the most prominent. I could break them down, but I think they are pretty basic in how they relate to the Lord and self, but I think they can also be factored into relationships. After all, most plants don't fruit by themselves. :winksmile:

I do admit screening for such qualities can be difficult online, but I think after you know a person a while it becomes obvious which ones they have and which they are missing.

Really, love, joy, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, etc. are easily displayed in everyday life in a multitude of ways, anything from a simple "I love you" to a kiss, to a random text message saying how you miss them. Some such as self-control can be hard to show, but they are always there.

Paradisio15

View Profile
Godly men
Posted : 30 Jan, 2010 11:24 AM

I think a good Christian man is filled with the fruits of the spirit, while likewise I look for such things in women as well.

They seem basic to me, but they can be surprisingly hard to find these days.

Paradisio15

View Profile
This is a " dating" site right
Posted : 29 Jan, 2010 09:47 AM

Haha, I'm not a girl either, but I just wanted to say, don't give up. I've sent quite a few messages out on here, but trust me, there are people on here interested in a relationship, it just takes time. Some are much more cautious than others, so be patient!

Paradisio15

View Profile
No Response At All....
Posted : 27 Jan, 2010 02:09 PM

Haha, no problem, I hope that helps you and anyone else.

I enjoyed talking with you on IM. :winksmile:

Paradisio15

View Profile
Hey Guys
Posted : 27 Jan, 2010 10:16 AM

Sorry, 25 here, and not in the military ^^

Oh, I saw your other thread but it was ultra old asking if anyone around you age was interested in you. I just wanted to say that If you weren't so far away I would have sent you a message. :winksmile:

Paradisio15

View Profile
No Response At All....
Posted : 27 Jan, 2010 10:00 AM

As someone who is on a couple different sites, no offense to the ladies, but from my experiences and other men I talk to, the ladies are typically the ones who don't respond by a fair margin. I respond to all the messages women send me though.

Really, on all the websites I've been on, I've probably sent over a 100 messages, I've perhaps gotten 20 responses. Unfortunately on most dating sites men outnumber women by a significant margin. This site seems to have a bit better of a balance, but my response rate on here is still fairly low amongst people who actually read them. I also take the time to write thoughtful messages, make comments, I read their profiles, I have good spelling and grammar (for the most part), so I don't think my message quality is the issue.

I do certainly agree that this site needs some indicator of last login date though. I really dislike sending messages that will never even be read.

I think sending a wink is a bad idea, and I don't expect a response if I send one. On this site I send them out to women I am interested in, but generally just to see if they receive them so I know there account is active. I have gotten a couple of responses from them though.

Just keep at it, don't give up!

Paradisio15

View Profile
New profile!
Posted : 19 Jan, 2010 06:42 AM

Yea, profile looks great!

Paradisio15

View Profile
Frustration
Posted : 18 Jan, 2010 06:19 AM

I agree, the most frustrating thing is easily the fact that there is no indicator of login dates aside from the last 24 hours. I think that and some sort of sorting feature is what is need the most.

Otherwise, I would say lack of replies, but I typically do get replies from people who login and view the message. :rolleyes:

Nothing really else comes to mind, I really like the site, just wish there were more (and current) members.

Paradisio15

View Profile
Dating Rules?
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 05:44 PM

Thank you all, I appreciate the advice.

Page : 1 2