Author Thread
Notpit10

View Profile
I need your feedback. Is mt picture inapropriate for this site?
Posted : 12 Apr, 2010 08:19 PM

I feel this photo is inappropriate, as many others have shared with you. When our identity is in Christ, we desisre to be "a fragrence of beauty" because He is in us. Men and women on this site should understandi that physically revealing photos are not appropriate for this site if you truly desire God's will for your future. Only God knows the heart of man. May you seek His will and know that He wants the best for us. May He be your First Love.

Notpit10

View Profile
Celibacy for singles
Posted : 17 Jan, 2010 07:42 PM

I agree it is best to know the person before considering a "date". When you know someone from work, church, or through friendships, it is a good way to go places and do things without "dating". Remember to not put yourself in a vulnerable situation by hanging out alone or going to each other place without others being present. I've found this works quite well but you need to make sure he understands your beliefs and feelings. If he truly cares for you, he will respect you. God understands all of these "feelings" and as strong as the temptation may be, they are just "feelings" and will pass. Stand strong for him! He loves you first and foremost more than anyone else!

Notpit10

View Profile
Premarital sex
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 06:04 PM

In response to Hopeful123, I am not sure if you meant outside of marriage or within the marriage union. Within is true, pure and beautiful. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Notpit10

View Profile
Premarital sex
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 05:56 PM

Hopeful123, I totally disagree. Read the other posts and scripture verses given. Sexual union is for marriage only.

Notpit10

View Profile
Seperate the Men from the Boys
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 05:17 PM

This is enough to make me melt! This is a great list and ladies, many of the same qualities apply to us as well....a great checklist to review from time to time.

Notpit10

View Profile
Dating Rules?
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 05:09 PM

My sons are your age so I understand where you are coming from somewhat. There is a lot of secular advice out there. Be careful and really think "Is this something pleasing to God" or is it of man?" Stand strong in Christ as you go into a relationship. Pray for His discernment. Don't rush, even if she wants you to. She will respect you for really caring about quality time with her. Don't be anxious about anything but entrust all to Him!

Notpit10

View Profile
Dating Rules?
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 02:53 PM

Paradisio,

The best way to meet someone is to get involved in things you enjoy....church, interest groups like hiking, bicycling, sports, etc. The bar scene is NOT a good place to meet someone. I taught classes at a Christian pregnancy center on Dating Relationships. As a Christian, you want to meet someone who is also a Christian. Not to say you can't have non-Christian friends but if you are dating for the reason of marriage down the road, it is important to be on the same page.

Once you meet someone, take your time. Enjoy the flirting (not teasing) and friendship without pressure. Enjoy discovering who the person is inside. Get to know the person's family, friends. Observe how she treats people, how she interacts with others. Is she carrying alot of "baggage" around that needs to be worked on before a relationship takes place? Does she value who she is, precious in His sight...comfortable with herself? These are important because sometimes guys/girls think someone can "fix" them and make them feel whole.

Relax and enjoy being 25! Blessings to you!

Notpit10

View Profile
Is it wrong biblically for a woman to get a sperm donor?
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 09:09 AM

If your friend is going to marry "soon" like you said, it would be best to trust God in this rather than go through donor process first and then not have the marriage take place. Single parenting sounds like a tough way to go and you want the best environment for the baby.

Notpit10

View Profile
crime, would you turn your child in?
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 06:37 AM

There are so many undisciplined offenders out there.....people who, like you said ,Arch, are raised without boundaries. As parents we must be role models and discipline from the time they are toddlers.

My unsaved husband thought nothing of taking extra plasticware, sugar packets, etc from fast food places when our kids were small. Drove me crazy because our two sons saw this. One of our sons thought nothing of taking candy from a bin until I caught him eating candy in the car on the way home (age 5). I drove back to the store and he apologized and we paid for the candy. When he was 17 I got a call from a department store security officer. He had stolen a bracelet for his girlfriend's birthday! This broke my heart. When I went to the store security dept. my son was sitting there crying his eyes out. The officer said this kid really isn't their normal type of felon and he really could see how this bothered him. It was the best lesson, as he had to pay $300 on his own. Kids need to be held accountable for what they do and so do parents! In a day of both parents working and families having little time together, things get out of balance. Keep God in the middle. He disciplines and we have Him as our example.

Notpit10

View Profile
Before or After?
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 12:25 PM

Amen, sister Cinder!

Page : 1 2