Author Thread
lgsterz

View Profile
How important is attraction in pursuing a christian relationship?
Posted : 27 Jun, 2013 03:05 AM

Please excuse my openness. As some of you know finding a christian relationship or searching for a spouse can be tricky to say the least. That's why most of us are on this site right? Well some of the topics I'm about to address regards physical attraction and is quite open. Some of you may not have the same opinions as me or feelings.. But please don't judge me for being honest. My question is how important is physical attraction in a God centered relationship?

A little background on me: I am a young woman saving myself for marriage. I am doing so to honor God and my future husband. Resisting temptation has not always been easy. But I have kept myself pure to honor the promise I made to God and for many other reasons. Although I have kept myself pure physically, I'm sure everyone (if they are willing to admit it) has lusted against someone in at least their minds. We all sin.

My thing is.. Since I plan on only marrying once, and I'm keeping myself pure until marriage.. When in a christian relationship is it or is it even appropriate to discuss sexual desires in the context of if the couple were to get married? Because I'm going to be honest since I only plan on having one partner, I don't want there to be a huge hindrance when it comes to desires. Sex is an important aspect of a marriage.

1 Corinthians 7:4-5

"For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. 5 Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control."

If there are major differences in desires between a couple then there can be problems in the marriage. Wives are not to deprive their husbands. Husbands are not to deprive their wives. It works both ways. I've not really heard of when it is appropriate.. But I definitely don't think the couple should just leave one another in the dark until after the marriage. Married couples should not deprive one another. So being in sink with one another I think is important.

Also how important is physical attraction? I mean it fuels whether or not the couple will desire one another sometimes right? I'm not saying that looks are the most important thing. Because I've become attracted to certain guys after I got to know them. But how important should it be?

Thoughts?

lgsterz

View Profile
strugling to keep my focus on jesus not guys
Posted : 27 Jun, 2011 07:06 AM

Well I have struggled with keeping my focus on God not just seeking christian guys. I've always loved God but sometimes I like to seek companionship, not acknowledging that God can provide that for me in his timing and will. I've had a couple of bad relationships that ended in heartbreak for me because of this I believe. I know God wants us to put ourselves out there, but I don't think he wants us to seriously be seeking hard and worrying about finding a husband. Especially since the guy is made to seek after a woman's heart not the other way around! So anyways I'm going to try not to seriously seek anymore. Im young anyways and I'll be open but I'm not going to worry anymore. God has me in his hands. If we seek Him first then all of our hearts desires will be added unto us. I'll be open but not worried or seriously seeking anymore. Hopefully a guy will chase after me someday. But until that happens I'll be seeking Jesus' face. Follow after God ladies and the passions inside of your hearts that God placed in you for a reason! Then God will reward you for that. I'm taking a leap of faith and going to go on a mission trip in the spring semester. I'm going to go to a state school to save money for the mission trip (not going to my christian college where its more likely to find a guy) but I'm going on faith this time and seeking my passion for missions. I don't think I'll find a guy this way but hey God can do miracles so you never know. Please pray for my heart to be seriously seeking him not a man! And I'd advise you ladies to do the same.

God bless, LaDawna.

lgsterz

View Profile
Christianity means........................................to me
Posted : 18 Feb, 2010 02:05 PM

growing in a relationship with Jesus Christ. Learning to trust Him, Love Him, and Rely on Him. And realizing that we are not worthy, He is.