Author Thread
Shai

View Profile
Where are the prophets?
Posted : 18 Oct, 2008 01:47 PM

They said it was the end of time when the Roman Empire was on a downward spiral and eventually fell.... He didn't return then and the level or morality there was worse than here now (yeah... pretty bad).

No one can know the time or place, and no prophet will come forward with such information because the Bible itself says that no one can know! Even Jesus Himself didn't know when he was in His Human form... so, let it go. Live life.

Shai

View Profile
does colour really matter??
Posted : 18 Oct, 2008 01:41 PM

I don't think race necessarily matters, but personally I've never met a black man that I was attracted to. I don't know if that's because they were black or because there was just no connection though, I never really thought about it. Sometimes it may matter simple because it's EASIER (more socially acceptable by their peers) to date someone of the same race, which may affect some peoples decisions on that matter.

Anyone, if he turned you down for that then there must be someone better God has for you. :)

Shai

View Profile
What does it meant to be BF/GF?
Posted : 18 Oct, 2008 01:38 PM

It means a guy and a girl are agreeing to get to know one another with the possibility of becoming closer (leading to marriage?), and of course are agreeing to be exclusive with one another (no cheating!). Well, that's what I think. :)

Shai

View Profile
To be a Christian...
Posted : 18 Oct, 2008 01:36 PM

Aren't you in the wrong section of the forum?

Anyway, listening to some parts of the bible and leaving other parts out is what EVERYONE (including your pastor) does because the bible is naturally controversial with itself because of when/where/who made it. So, we take the important things that we're sure are factual and run with them (i.e. morality, non-violence, love, ect).

That said, I'm anti-abortion AND pro-choice. I think abortion is wrong, and shouldn't be done at all, but unfortunately, it is possible, and women will do it weather it's illegal or not. Back when it was legalized it was being done illegally and women were dying because of it. I'd rather it be legal and women not die from it (with their child) than it be 100% illegal and have women doing it illegally with people who don't know what their doing.

Partial Birth abortion should be illegal though... yeah.

Shai

View Profile
a few different questions
Posted : 18 Oct, 2008 01:29 PM

1. Pictures are important to girls because it's the Internet. You know how scary it is to talk to someone without a face? What if it's someone lying about their age? What if I think I'm talking to someone my age and really he's like 80?! Ew. Pictures are about more than making judgments. It's our way of deciding weather to trust you or not.

2. Women don't like bad boys on purpose, and more importantly, what is the definition of "bad boys?" Christian girls are like most other girls in that we like confident guys who can make us laugh. If you can do that then it'll be fine. Bad boy doesn't mean cussing or being disrespectful... just be confident. "Nice guys" who complain about "bad boys" are usually just shy guys looking for an excuse.

3. Ladies naturally want to spend time with their sweety more than other guys, and some may not continue certain friend relationships with guys after they have a boyfriend because it's unnecessary, that gap is filled. If you weren't REALLY good friends with them then they'd probably just let it go. Its the Internet, perfect for temporary friendships and no personal contact or responsibility. Sad, but true.

Shai

View Profile
Are There Any Floridains Online?
Posted : 29 Sep, 2008 07:07 PM

I ask myself the same question. I'm in Florida. :)