Author Thread
Kirandio

View Profile
CALLING ALL VIRGINS...women and men!!!
Posted : 7 Sep, 2012 09:52 PM

Well our society has 2 dominating world views: the Christian world view and the secular evolution world view. In both world views you only live your life once.

In school we were educated on the dangers of STDs and that the best way to avoid them is through abstinence. (That was about 3 years before I became a believer.)

I had decided in my heart that I would wait until having that monogamous relationship. After all, all it takes is sleeping with the wrong person ONCE can result in getting something like AIDS that would shorten one's life, or a person can get others that have their own discomfort and danger as well.

Of course, being a believer purity is even more important, not that it ever wasn't.

So given my statements above, this is something that I think is very important to look for in a spouse. It certainly is important for me.

Kirandio

View Profile
SharePoint Developer, a career to consider
Posted : 6 Aug, 2012 11:56 PM

So everyone knows, the path to being a good SharePoint Developer is long and challenging and will require skills in several areas:

-Visual Studio 2010 Professional or better

-MOSS 2007 with SharePoint Designer 2007 -OR- SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Designer 2010

-Proficiency in C#

-Web Development skills including scripting and HTML knowledge, understanding, and manipulation

-Being fully knowledgeable about security really helps too

-Being fully knowledgeable of Hardware and Software requirements of a variety of Operating Systems for proper deployment (SharePoint Server 2010 requires a quad-core 64-bit computer with at least 4 GB of RAM)

-Installing all .NET Framework required to be able to run SharePoint Server on a system

-Installing IIS

-Proficiency with Virtual Machines is a must if someone wants to learn SharePoint

-Not to mention that SharePoint Server can only be deployed on Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2 or Windows Server 2008 (probably needs a service pack)

-And if a developer wants to incorporate Visual Studio 2010 with SharePoint, they have to install that on the system that SharePoint Server is deployed.

-A lot of experienced Information Technology people probably have not even heard of SharePoint, much less are experienced in being able to fully take advantage of it

-Excellent communication skills to determine what it is that people want you to do as the developer.

-A patient and enduring heart in solving problems

I look forward to my challenge for the next few months: to learn as much as I possibly can about SharePoint and to put my best foot forward.

Kirandio

View Profile
Do we seek God first or Do we mean to say thanks later?
Posted : 30 Jul, 2012 09:03 AM

I agree that God needs to be first. For me it includes:

Consistent Prayer and Bible reading.

Knowing where I stand when it comes to Theological issues.

Even more important than the above sentence, being kind, loving, and respectful to the people around me.

Being part of a good, sound local church.

I have learned that I cannot lean exclusively on intellect, that God needs to be the Being I lean on for all things. This also includes trusting God in difficult situations.

Identifying my calling/direction: I know for me personally consistency in my life has become very important, especially within the last 3 years.

Kirandio

View Profile
This is how God love sinful humanity. He sent His son that everyone believing would have eternal life. That's John 3:16. It does not say God loves every single man so much that anyone and everyone can be saved. A specific people...those who believe. If you say God died to save everyone then He has failed. Your god may be a failure, but my God does not fail His purposes.
Posted : 26 Jul, 2012 09:08 PM

Did God know that Holmes was going to shoot the people at the theater in Aurora, Colorado? Does God know this through Active or Passive knowledge? When a person prays to repent of their sins, is God Actively driving them to repent, or are they repenting of their own free-will outside of the Holy Spirit?

Please do exegesis for John 6:37-45.

Are the two "him"s in John 6:44 the same "him" or are they two separate "him"s?

Kirandio

View Profile
Number one thing (or two) that we young people need to work on.....
Posted : 26 Jul, 2012 08:59 PM

Well, these are some things I learned in the last 3 years...hopefully other people will find them useful.

When I first signed up to this web site, I did not really have a firm position on things like free-will vs predestination. After finding myself moving away from a free-will position to a predestination position, I found myself realizing how important a decision like that is when desiring to seek a spouse.

Even more important than a position on a debatable subject, I really believe that being fully aware of the importance that respect and kindness play out in communicating with someone.

So, what I have come to realize more is how important it is to put God first. God needs to be the center of my life. Everything that I am wanting to do should be centered around expanding His kingdom, and what that means is that we would see more people bow the knee to Christ.

It also helps to be able to identify weaknesses and what a person wants to do to overcome them. One thing that I see in myself as a glaring weakness is how I currently do not have an official Associates Degree, much less a Bachelor's Degree. I was 5 classes away from my Associate's Degree, but due to financial constraints I had to move back to Houston.

It helps to know what a person enjoys in their career. I want to get into Information Technology doing a variety of things like fixing computers and setting up networks. I have enjoyed using computers since I was 4 years old. I would like to find a way to serve my local church with my computer skills.

For me my main goal for the last 3 years is consistency.

Kirandio

View Profile
Hi everyone
Posted : 26 Jul, 2012 08:36 PM

So I am looking to give this site a go again. I just moved to Houston, TX, and I am looking to take advantage of the opportunity here.

I am looking to expand my computer geek skills.