Author Thread
beachbunny

View Profile
What is a soulmate?
Posted : 24 Sep, 2010 11:58 PM

I totally agree with Cobbler and Pixy. After being married for 23 yrs and being divorced for 2 I know that a "soulmate" doesn't exist. God is to be the lover of our soul and we need to be complete in Him before we can be with anyone else. When we get into a relationship we are not a half to complete someone we are to be a whole person complete in Christ and that way together we are stronger, because we as individuals are sold out to Christ.

beachbunny

View Profile
is it okay for a man to sleep with a man
Posted : 24 Sep, 2010 10:13 PM

Silver, that wasn't my intent really. I see the HATE that is displayed from so called "Christians" regarding homosexuals and I cringe because that is my child. I agree whole heartily with what ET says that she has no idea about what she is talking about and all I can do is pray for her, and I do. I know she is not happy, I can hear it in her voice and see it on her face. Yet she won't admit it to me.

beachbunny

View Profile
Posted : 24 Sep, 2010 02:17 PM

Finally some sense! :dancingp:

My middle daughter is gay, and she was raised with the truth she knows it and she has said to me with a dead cold stone face saying that she'd rather be happy in her relationship with her partner now and go to hell than be miserable here on earth and go to heaven.

I'll tell you from experience there is no talking to them regarding "homosexual" sin. God has to soften their heart and then that gives a opening for us to be there to share Him.

As a mother this is the most heartbreaking thing you could ever experience.

beachbunny

View Profile
Posted : 24 Sep, 2010 11:27 AM

Not worth my time or energy to comment!

beachbunny

View Profile
Posted : 23 Sep, 2010 08:07 PM

I would not say that I am overly sensitive, and if I am then that shows that I put others feelings above my own, and that is what God calls us to. Do I disagree with the scripture, NO, do I disagree with the way that it was presented, yea a little. I believe as Christians we have to be very careful in how we say and do things. We're not better than anyone, especially non-Christians we're just saved by grace, and they see us as thinking we're better than they are, just sit and talk to them for awhile.

beachbunny

View Profile
Posted : 23 Sep, 2010 06:24 PM

It's not our place to judge PERIOD! It is our place to LOVE all and let Him judge those who have not chosen to follow Him. Maybe there would be more compassion displayed if you actually had family or dear friends who had chosen this lifestyle and you were praying for their souls. I do! And I pray daily for God to give me the opening to minister because they don't want to hear that what they are doing is wrong, that it's a sin, they have all kinds of justifications and reasoning's. What they need is to see Christ in us, see the lie that satan has blinded them with, and then so desire Him that they come to us asking us to tell them how to get peace and joy.

beachbunny

View Profile
Posted : 23 Sep, 2010 05:03 PM

This whole thread is just really sad! I see more judgment than compassion. How sad is that!

beachbunny

View Profile
Galations proves that we should keep the Torah
Posted : 23 Sep, 2010 03:06 PM

Yo,

the Old Testament is broken down as follows

The Law Genesis - Deuteronomy

History Joshua - Esther

Wisdom Job - Song of Songs

Major Prophets - Isaiah - Daniel

Minor Prophets - Hosea - Malachi

Now . . . all that God wanted US to know is contained in all 66 books of the Bible. In the Old Testament are all the prophecies and strangely and SADLY the Jews missed they're own MESSIAH and you're going to say that I have to learn something about the Torah because I don't know about the God I serve. I think not!

beachbunny

View Profile
Posted : 23 Sep, 2010 02:52 PM

I am going to say AGAIN, the Torah is not needed for New Testament Christians! Christ did away with the LAW. He in fact came to break the law! He is about a relationship not about LAW. The pharisees and sadducees were constantly trying to trip Jesus up and He said go and speak to your Father in secret, don't stand on the street corner and preach, don't give so that everyone sees you. He also said that if you look at a woman with lust in your heart you've committed adultery, if that doesn't make it more personal than THE LAW, I don't know what does. I have several Jewish friends and I love them dearly, yet they are all about following the LAW, yet following the LAW is not going to get you into heaven - the only way to heaven is through Jesus who is the way the truth and the light. Seriously, I have no idea why this would even be an issue for new testament Christians . . if you remember Paul was talking to Jews in Galatia as well as the gentiles. All of this is legalism . . . circumcision is not necessary - as is the eating of meat . . . most of what Paul had to deal with was believers arguing amongst themselves and he ends up telling them that it's not important, what's important is the condition of your heart. You can eat meat if you want, you can circumcise if you want . . .churches today get caught up in legalism all the time and forget what the most important things are. That is what this sounds like to me.

beachbunny

View Profile
Posted : 22 Sep, 2010 09:53 PM

My question . . . why as Christians do we need the Torah? We have the Bible that is God's holy word. The Torah is for the Jews, who if they are not messianic do not believe Jesus was the Messiah, the Christ, our savior. So why is it necessary for us? The Torah is based on the Old Testament and we have that. Just my .02

Page : 1 2