Author Thread
sistah

View Profile
If men only knew..
Posted : 24 Oct, 2010 01:08 AM

If men only knew how much we want you to lead us and be strong for us so that when you need us to be strong for you, we can be.

sistah

View Profile
Ethnicity an issue even here??
Posted : 5 Oct, 2010 11:08 AM

Hello Lance, my name is Linda and I have been on this site for a couple of months and I have to tell you that I have messaged several men of color and have not received a reply from them so I feel the issue is on their side. I am color blind.

On the other hand I have tosay that I doubt the sincerity of most of the men on this site. If a photo is not includedI am willing to read what they say but when they have so little to say with many blanks I exit their profile immediately because I feel they are scammers.

Then there is the meat market sentiment there that somehow we women have to meet their standards of attraction without going past a photo. When I messagesomeone a quick note curious about the area they live in (I travel for work) if I get a reply it's usually sorry I don't think we would be a good match.. Hello, what did I miss? What made them think I was interested in them other than the area they live in basic communication.

So the upshot of it all is, it's not race, it's communication.

Good luck my friend and if you see someone you think is great and they don't even have the courtesy to reply, well you just found out that they are not as good as their picture!:ribbit:

sistah

View Profile
weight issue
Posted : 20 Sep, 2010 10:25 AM

I suffer from the same weighty issue pun intended:rolleyes:

Here is my thoughts.... Prior to women getting equal rights and the vote women were property and had to fullfil a need men had dowry and offspring. Now we are to adorn men, work outside the home and provide a second income and be the cooks and still have energy to have bright conversations to keep the men at home from wandering eyes. At least this is what secular American values are.

I read so many profiles where men are looking for the Proverbs wife, what about the men who are willing to lay down their lives for their wives? Where are the sacraficial men who love their wives as Christ loved the Church?

I think if both men and women get their vision straightened out looks wont matter and people will solve their issues.

I'm glad to say I'm making progress.

sistah

View Profile
What about once saved always saved?
Posted : 16 Sep, 2010 11:45 AM

I am a memberof the Nazarene faith and have heard discussions many times between the two groups and have come to this conclusion, God is not a God of chaos and argument. It is a manmade argument designed to separate Christians and prevent God's work and Word from going forward. Remember the argument that broke out when Paul was arrested because he was before Sadducees and Pharisees? Imagine the argument that broke out because Paul said I stand here accused because I believe in the resurrection of the dead!:laugh:

I feel that each person must be careful how we live making sure we reflect the life of Jesus in our lives, confess and repent it we sin and trust that if we made the good confession that we are safe in His arms and no one can separate us.

Those who would be n danger ing "loosing" their salvation would be those live as if there is no God.

sistah

View Profile
Could the Apostle Paul have been the man to replace Judas the betrayer?
Posted : 16 Sep, 2010 11:36 AM

In Bible college it was said that the Apostles chose Barnabas to replace Judas Iscariot but that God called SAul (Paul) to become the replacement.

Of note, both were very good choices but interesting that God called the" cjief of sinners" out of sin because of the plan He had for Saul and indeed the whole world. Wouldn't it be amazing if every believer just said yes to God!:dancingp:

sistah

View Profile
The Beginning of the end
Posted : 16 Sep, 2010 11:23 AM

It is definately a time to keep our lamps trimmed and waiting for the return of he bridegroom. But it is also an exciting time of seeing Scripture fulfilled in prophesy and there will be a great time of revival.. I was just reading in Zechariah today where ALL Israel will weep for the one who was pierced. Someday all Israel is going to recognize that Jesus is the long awaited Messiah!!!! And they will weep loudly. What an opportunity for ministry, reconcilliation and healing!!

sistah

View Profile
Sstan
Posted : 16 Sep, 2010 11:18 AM

Scripture teaches us that SAtan disguises himself in light, is a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. Jesus told Peter that Satan desired Peter that he may sift him like wheat. We must realize that while Jesus won victory over sin and death at the cross, we still must choose. There will be times when we are tempted nd tested. We need to understand that God tempts no one but that we are tempted by our own desires.

We also must understand that Satan is not omnipresent or omniscient. Having said that we need to realize that God is for us, we are weak but He is strong and will defend us. When tempted we mustonly but whisper the name of Jesus and Satan trembles. Keep your eyes o Him no matter what comes your way because we must walk throuh the fail. The hymn says some throught the fire some through the blood some through great sorrow but God gives a song. The song of the redeemed those who persevere.

sistah

View Profile
Thank you for your service!
Posted : 16 Sep, 2010 11:07 AM

I agree. Anyone who takes time out of their lives risking life and limb for our country deserves our utmost respect and gratitude.:applause: