Author Thread
bren01

View Profile
suicide
Posted : 10 Oct, 2012 12:07 PM

What about the person that is a Christian, but develops pychotic episodes, (such as hearing voices to kill themselves)? I dont like to think that God's love stops with a suicidal person that can not help a disease that has progressed by no fault of their own. I used to work in a mental hosiptal, I seen many, many mentally ill people that loved and believed in God and Jesus as their Savior. A previous statement was made that if a person is a Christian they would have no reason to commit suicide. I find that disturbing, as I know by working with those suffering with schizophenia and other debillatating mental diseases that they do not enjoy being in that state, but also can not change what is wrong with them. Medications can improve conditions, but they suffer life long. When they hear or see things that tell them to kill themselves they feel the messages are real, even have had patients tell me that they have seen or heard Jesus tell them to take their life. It is heart breaking to me to think these poeple would not be "allowed" into heaven. They have feelings and believe in Christ the same as I do. John 3:16 states that "whoever" believes in Him shall not parish but have everlasting life. It doesnt say just certain types of people. The only sin that is not forgiven is blasphamy against the Holy Spirit. Jesus states this Himself in Matthew 12:31-32. I am thankful for for God's grace and love toward those with mental conditions and that He is not conditional with those that can be with Him in Heaven,but that we ALL can believe and not parish as long as we ask forgivness and donot blasphemy the Holy Spirit.

I am sorry for my soap box. I have a soft heart for those with mental illnesses and know they cant help what they have to suffer through, I feel satan's attack on them is the mental illness, which is not their fault, but God has love for them also. I like to believe that He knows their true heart and when they do go to Heaven they will no longer be suffering with these diseases.