Author Thread
paschen81

View Profile
Virgin
Posted : 15 Jan, 2012 10:06 PM

devoted love... look up the word hyperbole and apply it's definition with the post creatures use of the word "most"

paschen81

View Profile
No Children
Posted : 9 Jan, 2012 08:24 PM

POIC that sounds nice

but if being pregnant would cause a womans aorta to rupture killing her and the baby she carried instantly would you sentence them to death so they could fulfill said command?

Also, what about someone who is past child bearing age? should they spend hundreds of thousands in fertility treatments and in vitro? And if so... at what age is it ok to give up? 50? 60? 120?

What about the woman who has ovarian or uterine cancer? should they tell the doctors... No leave the cancer alone I HAVE to bear children... even if I die from the cancer first?

Also, what about the woman who is infertile due to any number of reasons... is she just destine to eternally be in disobediance because she can not be "fruitful and multiply"?

Ya know... I would LOVE to have children... but I fall into one of the categories listed above... I've even gone as far as checking into adoption and wow... I don't ever see that happening either. I also attempted fostering but didn't meet their standards during my 4th home study due to being in school and working odd hours at that time.

paschen81

View Profile
Devotions
Posted : 20 Dec, 2011 01:15 PM

I personally do this for devotionals... I subscribe to one of the various free daily devotional publications. Then for each day I look at the verses being discussed FIRST before reading the publications comments... next I read the verses in my Bible 3 times through... next I break down the text using the devontional Bible study method. After breaking down the verse using s.t.a.r. p.e.t.s. I then go back and read what the booklet had to day for that days devotion.

I find it a very rewarding time in the Word. Of course I then let my pastor review my devotional study for errors in any step of my breakdown or if I have any questions about differences between my results and the booklets discussion.

paschen81

View Profile
papers
Posted : 26 Oct, 2011 10:49 PM

I'm one of those who actually really enjoys writting papers... in fact in my PPE class I just wrote a 5 page report all within 3 hours start to finish and submission. I have another 3 page paper to write before weeks end which I will probably write either during my lunch break Friday or as soon as I get home from work before moving on to my other class assignments.

paschen81

View Profile
Disapproval?
Posted : 26 Oct, 2011 10:36 PM

You admit that the relationship isn't all it should be. You admit that there are some serious problems. You think that marriage will solve those problems, though...even though they are getting worse in the months leading up to the wedding.

ooh ooh red flag! Marriage will NOT solve any serious problems that exist before marriage... in fact marriage tends to make those issues more pronounced.

Sometimes family can sabotage... sometimes friends can too... however, spiritual leaders and church family who are there to protect you and keep you liable for your actions? I would tend to really take their concerns seriously. I would hold off on moving forward in teh relationship. I would inquire with those opposed to the relationship as to what issues they saw and then I would get real honest with myself about said relationship. I would ask myself if I was not seeing any issues that could create even bigger issues after marriage due to my emotions.

oftentimes we overlook BIG red flags in a relationship because we are so intrigued with this other person... to us they are the greatest thing since sliced bread while everyone around us is wondering if we've lost our minds since we can't see all the characteristics that will after marriage and when the emotional "in love" feelings wane and reality sets in, finds us discontent at least and in an unequally yoked relationship at the worst.

paschen81

View Profile
Musical Instrument?
Posted : 5 Oct, 2011 10:27 PM

how cool. I too love the sound of old fashioned wood panflute. You will have to let us know how it goes for ya.

I would love to be able to play a musical instrument but at this time I do not have the time or money... maybe later I can attempt something.

So, as of right now the only musical instrument I've got is my voice lol... but I do love the sound of a harp as well as the panflute and also percussion chimes.

paschen81

View Profile
First and foremost
Posted : 23 Sep, 2011 11:18 PM

ya know... I think JG Wenthworth's slogan could also be applied to the root of the prosperity movement... " It's MY money and I want it NOW" ... the root of the movement is fleshly selfishness. Who are we to DEMAND God to do, or give us anything?! We are wretched vile creatures who deserve nothing but destruction yet He has given us the greatest give of wealth that is the grace and mercy of salvation... not of all our wordly sinful desires.

paschen81

View Profile
Real Date Stories
Posted : 23 Sep, 2011 10:56 PM

I admit that an underactive thyroid is NOT my problem yet I am overweight. However, overeating is NOT my problem either considering I keep my calorie intake around 1200 to 1400 and my calorie burn between 1800 and 2200. I have cut back on my diet soda and am drinking more water (3 to 4 liters a day) however... my scale has only dropped 6 pounds in the last 8 months. So... I'm at a loss (and unfortunetly it isn't in the weight department).

As for the topic of meeting anyone from this site... I can't say I've had any luck here. I haven't had much luck with any of the sites I've been on however, I did meet one person from a different site just this past Saturday. We've been talking on the phone and texting for a couple months and our first meeting face to face went well. He has concerns about attempting anything more than friendship due to a 3 hours drive distance between us and our differing schedules right now. We have decided to be friends for now and if things change in the future so be it. He didn't have any complaints about my size... however when we hugged at the end of the day he mentioned how strong I was... (not sure if that's a good or bad thing lol). But hey... my truck has broke down on me 4 times this year and I've gotten use to having to push it out of the line of traffic or into a position to be picked up by the tow-truck. *shrug*

paschen81

View Profile
Women, The mystery...The shoes.
Posted : 12 Aug, 2011 07:44 PM

I definitely am not a shoe person... I have one pair of black heels one pair of brown heels i pair of white sandals one pair of black sandals one pair of athletic shoes and 1 pair of house slippers.

That is my entire collection of shoes so ... thats what 6... lol

paschen81

View Profile
Best and worst
Posted : 4 Aug, 2011 09:53 PM

Gym : bad

Library: good

Grocery Store: neutral

Book Store: good

Restaurant: neutral

Home Depot: bad

At work: usually good... lately bad... I'll have worked 56 hours just this week and have school work to do on top of that

Church: best only currently looking for a good church

Friend's home: very good

Place to add... : school : good or bad

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10