View Profile
Valentine's Day?
Posted : 13 Feb, 2013 01:32 PM

What's Valentine's Day??? :ROFL:

NRSV1953

View Profile
A Consensus on Christianity
Posted : 13 Feb, 2013 10:21 AM

If I am interpreting what each has to say on this topic, there appear to be two ideas represented as necessary to be called a Christian.

1. Faith in Jesus Christ

2. All are born into sin

While I completely agree with #1, if I'm not mistaken, some Christians do not espouse the idea of #2.

Without getting into a lengthy discussion of Original Sin, can someone be a Christian and ONLY believe #1?

NRSV1953

View Profile
A Consensus on Christianity
Posted : 11 Feb, 2013 02:54 PM

This question is for women and men:

When you boil it all down, what does a Christian really have to believe? Can you list the one or two criteria that are absolutely required for someone to be considered a Christian?

I am curious to see if such a diverse group of Christians can come to a consensus about the most basic requirement for being a Christian. Remember, Jesus may be reading this too!

NRSV1953

View Profile
Super Bowl XLVII
Posted : 11 Feb, 2013 11:15 AM

How have you been Flowers? Thanks so much for posting a reply, ANY reply! I realize that not everyone enjoys sports, but you would think that there might be a few on here. :laugh:

NRSV1953

View Profile
Super Bowl XLVII
Posted : 11 Feb, 2013 08:04 AM

Absolutely dead!!:winksmile:

NRSV1953

View Profile
Men's insight about me?
Posted : 10 Feb, 2013 06:48 AM

I know sister! Hang out here on the Forums where there are genuine people and occasionally, some interesting discussions. From my personal experience, we will rarely, if ever, get any response from 95% of the men on here. But surely that is their loss!

Stay Blessed!!

NRSV1953

View Profile
A Wonderful Way For Fathers To Affirm Their Daughters...
Posted : 9 Feb, 2013 08:37 AM

Ah, yes!

If all Fathers and Mothers would treat their little girls and little boys with such love and compassion and tenderness . . .

If all people could just see the little girl or little boy that still resides in each of us . . .

What a beautiful world this would be!

Thanks Dreamtime for such an inspiring post! Surely you are a blessing to your precious children! :purpleangel:

NRSV1953

View Profile
Do you find it hard to have Christian standards, with non- Christian friends?
Posted : 9 Feb, 2013 07:34 AM

BeckyAnn,

For the very reasons you just spelled out, Christ wants us to be in fellowship with other Christians. Especially at your age, the peer pressure is so overwhelming to conform to the world.

Seek out other Christians at your school or find a church nearby and get very involved. You may even discover that some of your current "friends" will follow you!

Blessings dear one and keep Jesus right by your side always!

NRSV1953

View Profile
Would you give me a chance with your heart
Posted : 9 Feb, 2013 07:20 AM

Lovehope3,

These Forums have been rather dead recently, so I would not take the lack of response personally. Perhaps with lots of patience, and a healthy dose of discernment, you will connect with some lovely ladies on CDFF.

From what I gather, we can be a rather shy lot! Blessings on your search!

NRSV1953

View Profile
Would you give me a chance with your heart
Posted : 8 Feb, 2013 05:00 PM

Too bad you aren't 20 years older!! :winksmile:

Page : 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27