Author Thread
annma

View Profile
Can a Long distance relationship be real?
Posted : 27 Jan, 2012 10:20 AM

I believe a long distance relationship can work out if both of you are committed and put God first in everything...

I met my fiance on here and its been a year and two months and we are planning our wedding as i speak. To be honest, its not easy being in a long distance relationship...first of all, sacrifice is one of the most important aspects followed by trust, communication and God fearing comes top of the list...

My fiance and I are in different time zones when its day here, its night there but we have found a way of making it work for both of us, we make sacrifices when we have to communicate which is everyday...sometimes I go without sleep and it is all worth it for me...so does he sometimes....

He came down to see me and he met my family and i saw how he interacts with people in real life...but the most important aspect of all this is being God fearing and putting him first in whatever we do...We are very honest about everything and anything and i must say, its not always pretty and rosy but we always work through our differences and find good ground. We don't always agree on everything but we understand and respect each other's opinions..

I believe that God has a plan on how everyone will meet their spouse and sometimes it's not always the way we want it or how we imagined and hoped but all things work together for the good of those who love the Lord...

When i joined this site, I wanted to make friends and i was not specifically looking for anything but I met this man and he was wonderful, so I gave God a chance to work in my life in this unimaginable way and I am the happiest and most content woman...I am not saying that everyone has to meet someone the way I did but sometimes being open minded helps alot.

Love is the best thing that can happen to anyone and whenever you find and it is true, grab it and don't let go. Open yourself up to new things and get out of the comfort zone...You never know..

God bless you and I hope you find what you are looking for.

annma

View Profile
WHAT DO U THINK ABOUT LONG DISTANCE FRIENDSHIP/RELATIONSHIPS?:p)
Posted : 5 Dec, 2011 02:12 AM

Hey Vani,

I wanted to be one of the first people to comment on Long Distance Relationships. First of all, anyone can be in a long distance relationship if they choose to and most people dont want to associate with them because it has more challenges than a close distance relationship.

The truth of the matter is that all relationships require hard work and prayer and commitment. But for long distance relationships, its more work because two people cannot see each other often to settle arguments or to even share the good times together.

I met my boyfriend on here last year and now we just made a year as a couple in November(He proposed after 11months and he is my fiance now, so we are engaged..). I had never been in a long distance relationship before but i gave myself a chance. He came down to see me 4 months ago for the first time and he stayed for 5 weeks. But when we were starting out in our relationship, we laid some ground rules that every relationship should have, Godliness, trust, honesty, and open communication, faithfulness is a default because we share the same values and we are both Christians who have chosen to wait.

What i think about long distance relationships is that you should give yourself a chance because you never know when the right one will come but when they come, are you willing to just turn and walk away because it doesn�t fit into your ideal?? or will you give yourself a chance to experience something good and God's plan for you?? I did and i don't regret it one bit. Another thing you have to know is that God's plan is not the plan of men.

I look at our relationship as a work in progress by God for both of us with my boyfriend and he feels the same way too. I know for me to meet my boyfriend it was God's plan and we are so far apart because God is still doing his work in us as individuals and when we get married, it will be blissful because then God would have completed his work in us to bring us to that point of marriage. The truth of the matter is, every relationship requires work and so do long distance relationships provided you know if both of you are facing the same direction and working towards a common goal. That is very important. If it is just a casual relationship, then it is not worth it to waste so much time and invest in it emotionally, only to end things. The man has to be clear on what his intentions for you and your relationship are....Once you know that, then it will be worth all the waiting and even when obstacles come, you can overcome them together as a couple.

My take on long distance relationships is that everything is the same with close distance relationships and they all involve trust, communication, honesty, godliness and faithfulness. It all comes down to the two people in the relationship and what they decide.

I wish you all the best and i hope the Lord will grant you your heart's desires and i wish you all the best. Keep praying and wait on the Lord. Wish you all the best and God's blessings as you search for the right one.

The Lord is never too early or too late, He is always ON TIME.

My two cents worth.

Ann

annma

View Profile
Is distance a problem?
Posted : 25 Oct, 2011 06:46 AM

Hello there,

Distance is not a problem for me as regards to my relationship. it never was and i always kept an open mind on relationships and i have to say all the close relationships i had didnt work out and then i met my fiance and everything changed for me...

We live millions of miles apart on different continents that is, but we are celebrating a year of our relationship and a 2weeks engagement...Like you said we courted and were very honest with each other about what we wanted in a spouse...and yes it is very true that long distance relationships require trust, honesty and communication...but above all God's hand has to be at work in the relationship...To build our relationship, we focused on the Lord for the initial stages of our relationship...not that we have stopped, we still do bible study as before when we had just met...and we were honest with each other from the start...and trust is also very important and it is built and earned not given freely...

In long distance relationships, every feeling counts and it is very important to keep the lines of communication open to discuss everything and anything because it is also very easy for doubt to creep in because you cannot see this person most of the time...so it is important to talk everything out so it is not kept in to become something else...

So with those three factors, honesty, trust and communication but above all God being the centre of the relationship, and praying together, then it will work out if it is God's will for the both of you...

annma

View Profile
I allowed my heart to be conquered, only to be shattered...
Posted : 27 Jun, 2011 03:57 AM

I'm so sorry Lilo that your heart is breaking and that you are experiencing so much pain right now...

The only thing i can tell you is to feel the pain and not shut it out and also pray about it...Another thing you can do is to talk about it as much as you can everytime if you can just to get it out of your system...

Find a friend you can talk to who will genuinely listen and comfort you but mostly all your comfort is with the Lord, ask him to heal your heart, pray and read the Bible too and hang aorund lively people...it dulls the pain but doesnt take it away...

You will need to live through the pain so that you can be completely free of it...its not easy but if you need to talk to someone, you can talk to me...

May the Lord heal your heart and also comfort you. Be blessed

annma

View Profile
What do you think of a man who can cook?
Posted : 14 Jun, 2011 04:27 AM

I would want to have a man who can cook...not everyday but it would be nice once in a while to surprise me...When i least expect it or when you feel like it...

I think you should go ahead and take that class or as a hobby whichever way you want...

It will be nice and it will work wonders for you some day...

annma

View Profile
Help with an absolutely nutty situtation
Posted : 3 Jun, 2011 11:19 PM

Hey,

You just cannot control what other people think or feel and its not right for someone else to express their interest in someone who is in a serious committed relationship (this goes either way) because it shows disrespect for one's partner and how not good enough they are for that person

But what you choose to do about it is what matters most, if you choose to ignore then you are a person of integrity but if you give in, then you are indeed worthless and not good enough for your partner

But what you have to know is that there will always be people interested in one of the people in a serious relationship but what you do is what matters..

This goes both ways for both men and ladies because it happens on both sides i.e, a man can show interest in a lady who is in a serious relationship and similarly a lady can show interest in a man who is in a serious relationship, it happens to married people too not those who are dating onlyi.e a man showing interest in a married woman and vice versa.

Because there's temptation everywhere and how you choose to handle it is what defines what your character is.

Good luck.

annma

View Profile
Forever Dateless
Posted : 1 Jun, 2011 04:05 AM

I can relate to what you feel right now oregon. But if we knew what the Lord planned for us, we would never get to appreciate them and see them for what they really are..

What i can tell you my dear is to pray and read the word of God dilligently and wait...I know you probably dont want to hear that word but the Lord always has the best plan and its always worth it..

Hang in there my dear and the Lord will deliver in due time, he always does because he is never too early or too late but he is always on time...

Be blessed and take heart my dear.

annma

View Profile
Please i need your advice,
Posted : 30 May, 2011 03:11 AM

Hello Mercyg,

I am so sorry that someone took advantage of you when you are such a nice person my dear. I pray the Lord will heal you and remould you into a whole new being after what you have been through..

But one thing Mercy is that most people will try to take advantage of your weakness, your weakness being that you trust alot and easily,

But my dear, you have to learn how to guard your heart, pray diligently and seek the Lord.I know the Lord has someone special for you somewhere but you shouldnt trust the first man that comes along...

I read somewhere that a man should earn your trust..Let him prove himself over and over again...I know you are a good person but have trusted the wrong people...The Lord will see you through..Pray always and guard your heart

Be blessed

annma

View Profile
Africa
Posted : 25 May, 2011 03:45 AM

Thanks Nkatty...I am from africa too and i Love it here...I am your next door neighbor ...I'm from Uganda. Its nice to meet you.

I know and believe Africa is a God made paradise and one of the most beautiful places on this planet. If only we had the resources i mean financially to make it an exotic place...but even as remote as it is, its still beautiful...

Summer all year round, beautiful, warm and very hospitable people, good food mhmmm...i love our food...fresh the way mother nature nurtures it...beautiful clothing....

I could go on about Africa for a whole day...

PS: Africa is not a country, its a continent with so many other countries...

annma

View Profile
I figured you out
Posted : 25 May, 2011 03:32 AM

Who did you figure out?

Page : 1 2