Author Thread
Joy2theW0rld

View Profile
Whatcha think about God and the big bang all being one in the same?
Posted : 18 Dec, 2010 06:34 AM

Science is an attempt by men (one of God's creations) to explain the phenomenon of God's creation. Oftentimes scientific theories are discovered to be flawed and many current theories are actually updates to previous scientific theories.

Fortunately the bible offers an unchanging truth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

On Christ the solid rock I stand all other ground is sinking sand

Joy2theW0rld

View Profile
Icebreakers Game....continued!
Posted : 17 Dec, 2010 05:27 AM

#1 is me

I'm not into chat. I like e-mails better.

Has anyone ever

1) Dived in an aquarium

2) Listened to every piece composed by Frederic Chopin

3) Volunteered at a soup kitchen

Joy2theW0rld

View Profile
Kneeling
Posted : 16 Dec, 2010 05:23 AM

I attend a pentecostal church. We have a set time when people can either come the front and kneel at the altar or pray/kneel at their seat.

Joy2theW0rld

View Profile
how do you introduce your self
Posted : 15 Dec, 2010 09:15 PM

Good Question. At some point everyone needs to put themselves out there. You may find it comforting to know that you are not alone.

Meeting someone is a win-win situation. You will either find someone that you are compatible with or you will get the equally beneficial knowledge that the person is not for you.

Best of luck

Joy2theW0rld

View Profile
hey everyone.
Posted : 15 Dec, 2010 08:42 PM

Welcome to the forums. It is nice to meet you.

Joy2theW0rld

View Profile
Hello Everyone
Posted : 15 Dec, 2010 08:36 PM

Hello livingwithpurpose. Welcome to the forums.

Joy2theW0rld

View Profile
A Car Question for Ladies?.......and guys
Posted : 9 Dec, 2010 09:19 PM

If I had access to a biofuel pump, I would like a new Saab BioPower Hybrid

http://www.hybridcars.com/concept-hybrids/saab-biopower-hybrid-concept.html

Joy2theW0rld

View Profile
Hymns and contemporary christian and chorus songs.
Posted : 9 Dec, 2010 08:37 PM

@ MissHannah I like how you explained this

Most hymns that use the same tunes were written over 80 years ago which made me assume that the tunes were very popular. An example is Beethoven's Hymn to Joy which was used as a tune for Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee and Sing with All the Saints in Glory.

Joy2theW0rld

View Profile
FIRE !!!
Posted : 9 Dec, 2010 08:05 PM

Safe deposit box, purse, cell phone, and sneakers

Joy2theW0rld

View Profile
Missionary Work?
Posted : 9 Dec, 2010 07:59 PM

That would be a hard decision to make as there is so much to be done. One mission that is on my mind right now is the water project.

"Relieving hunger in Africa has to begin with access to clean water. It may seem simple, but we forget that without access to a reliable source of water, food is hard to grow and even more difficult to preserve and prepare. It takes huge amounts of water to grow food.

Water is fundamental to relieving hunger in the developing world. Sometimes, areas that experience a lack of water suffer because of poor water management. But more often it is a relatively simple economic issue that can be addressed. A small investment in a clean, safe source of water can have a huge impact. We are working on water projects that not only provide clean drinking water but also make crop production possible.

In fact, one of the most encouraging things we find when we return to sites where wells have been installed is the many small gardens that have popped up all around...."

http://thewaterproject.org/hunger.asp

Page : 1 2 3 4