Author Thread
getmeoffhereplz

View Profile
What's the greatest lesson you've learned from online dating?
Posted : 1 Jan, 2020 12:02 PM

As a Christian widow I have learned that the word Christian means different things to different people. Seldom do these definitions all adhere to scripture. So I suppose essentially, I have learned most "christians" have no idea what Christianity really is or how to become a Christian.

getmeoffhereplz

View Profile
People! You have a serious problem. (and it's not the Trinity).
Posted : 1 Jan, 2020 11:55 AM

1. In the beginning—of all time and created existence, for this Word gave it being (Jn 1:3, 10); therefore, “before the world was” (Jn 17:5, 24); or, from all eternity.

was the Word—He who is to God what man’s word is to himself, the manifestation or expression of himself to those without him. (See on Jn 1:18). On the origin of this most lofty and now for ever consecrated title of Christ, this is not the place to speak. It occurs only in the writings of this seraphic apostle.

was with God—having a conscious personal existence distinct from God (as one is from the person he is “with”), but inseparable from Him and associated with Him (Jn 1:18; Jn 17:5; 1 Jn 1:2), where “THE FATHER” is used in the same sense as “GOD” here.

was God—in substance and essence GOD; or was possessed of essential or proper divinity. Thus, each of these brief but pregnant statements is the complement of the other, correcting any misapprehensions which the others might occasion. Was the Word eternal? It was not the eternity of “the Father,” but of a conscious personal existence distinct from Him and associated with Him. Was the Word thus “with God?” It was not the distinctness and the fellowship of another being, as if there were more Gods than one, but of One who was Himself God—in such sense that the absolute unity of the God head, the great principle of all religion, is only transferred from the region of shadowy abstraction to the region of essential life and love. But why all this definition? Not to give us any abstract information about certain mysterious distinctions in the Godhead, but solely to let the reader know who it was that in the fulness of time “was made flesh.” After each verse, then, the reader must say, “It was He who is thus, and thus, and thus described, who was made flesh.”

Christ is God in flesh and when he left he sent to us the Holy Spirit who is our comforter among other things. John 14:26

Since this is all scripture and scripture is the living word I fail to see what the argument is about. Scipture has the final word. The Parades of scripture does not change its meaning, Scripture is layered, it is alive. You can read it one day and God weal something to you and six months later read the same passage and God reveal something new. Parades is exegetical.

However the more important issue I see is a conflict in the body. Hammering somebody with scripture is not going to win them to the Lord. God said there is therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

The five fold ministry was given to the church to expound. We don't use scripture in vain for our own selfish motives to hurt or hammer or insult another person.

Scripture is divine, it is alive, it will do what man cannot. We only have to give to it and when we do, we do so in love. Love does not condemn and hammer somebody. The conversation is ungodly. Yes you can talk about scripture and have the conversation be ungodly.

We follow and submit ourselves to the Lord in all things that includes the way we teach and relate to others no matter who they are.

getmeoffhereplz

View Profile
People! You have a serious problem. (and it's not the Trinity).
Posted : 1 Jan, 2020 11:06 AM

The criteria for salvation is repentance, and receiving Christ as your Savior. However, I fail to see how anybody can do that when God said he sent the Holy Spirit back to us as our comforter, teacher, revealer, illumminator, seal, counselor, guide, gift giver, fruit producer and occupant. So precious is the Holy Spirit indeed that God says that all sin may be forgiven EXCEPT the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Since the Holy Spirit resides in the christian, what enters a person who does not believe in the Holy Spirit? Anything? That is a good question and bears studying out. Interesting conflict here.

Not believing in something does not establish that it does not exist.

getmeoffhereplz

View Profile
‼️🛑FAIR WARNING🛑‼️
Posted : 1 Jan, 2020 10:57 AM

I'm not siding with anyone here. I am just curious what started it.

Scripturally speaking, only the blood of Jesus Christ the Messiah washes away sin.

Eph. 2:8 tells us how to "earn" salvation through works or being good. Scripture is the final word on all things.

If man does not believe that scripture is the infallible word of God then one has no foundation for any discussion. One cannot pick and choose which scripture to believe and which to throw out. One cannot argue the authenticity of scripture and say that Jehovah is God at the same time because you cannot trust that God can create you, me and the universe, came to earth in the flesh, was crucified dead and buried and arose and yet is unable to preserve his word.

Sometimes the reasoning of the human mind is void of reasoning.