Author Thread
Firehawk

View Profile
why is it so hard to find a christian man who wants a family?
Posted : 9 Oct, 2011 10:23 PM

Before I say anything, I do believe that children are blessings from God. I hesitate pursuing single moms is because there usually is a tie to the ex-husband. Divorce agreements sometime put restrictions on the mom and child from moving to other parts of the country. Additionally, I am not the type that wants to move the child far away from the real father. The only thing I know is that moving is very likely for my profession. It kinda puts me between a rock in a hard place.

Firehawk

View Profile
New to the site, any advice?
Posted : 6 Jun, 2011 11:07 PM

Hey Meg,

My friend who lives in Bushnell name is Sarah Stickler (now Williams). Do you know here?

Firehawk

View Profile
Stay at home or working wife and mom?
Posted : 2 Jun, 2011 07:23 PM

If we had kids, I would want her to stay at home with them. Call me traditional, but the cost of daycare is almost more expensive than the alternative.

Firehawk

View Profile
New to the site, any advice?
Posted : 2 Jun, 2011 07:09 PM

Welcome to the site, Megan. I only have a few pieces of advice.

1. Don't be in a rush to find someone. It might take a while.

2. Even though this is a Christian site, be careful.

3. As far as your profile, the only thing I noticed is that you live in a small town, yet your not open to moving. That might severely limit potential suitors out there. You may want to consider opening your horizons.

I see your in a small town in Western Illinois. Do you like it there? I have a few friends in that area. One in Bushnell and others in Carthage. Anyways, good luck in your search.

Ken

Firehawk

View Profile
Hello!
Posted : 25 Apr, 2011 10:52 PM

Welcome to the site.

Firehawk

View Profile
What attracts a man?
Posted : 7 Apr, 2011 10:35 PM

It depends. Physical appearance maybe important to guys at the start (especially since most guys are visual), but Christ-like character is what Christian guys look for in a mate.

Firehawk

View Profile
Profile review.
Posted : 7 Apr, 2011 09:05 PM

Rachel, I like your profile for the most part. I know you mentioned in this thread of being open to any age range, but maybe having a age range mentioned (not necessarily in your mail settings) but as a preference would be best. Usually when I see profiles with no age preferences mentioned, I assume scammer or desperate. Neither I would want to contact.

Though I will have to say I like your pictures. Your blue eyes are definitely a beautiful feature and it seems that you have a knack for photography.

Firehawk

View Profile
Profile review. Can't believe I'm doing this! =/
Posted : 7 Apr, 2011 08:30 PM

Hey Pixy, Here are a couple things I would consider changing:

1. I agree with removing belly dancing from your interest. I am sure you got some interesting messages due to that comment :).

2. Maybe remove the comment on requesting full body shots. I am sure you'll share with your match at some future point.

3. I do like that you have good quality pics, but they are all very similar POVs and perhaps a little too close. A couple of the pics give a hit that you have pretty hair, but it is hard to tell. The last pic does show a little personality, which is good.

Anyways, I do like the part about Mars Hill and Driscoll. I am somewhat addicted to his sermons.

So there's my 2 cents, whatever that's worth.

Firehawk

View Profile
Favorite Famous Quotes
Posted : 1 Apr, 2011 11:53 AM

"Worry is a sin, and not a minor one. It is the fruit of unbelief and thus an affront to God, a slap in His face. It is saying that God is not worthy of our trust" ~Clyde Cranford, Because We Love Him: Embracing a Life of Holiness.

"God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him" ~John Piper, When I Don't Desire God: How to Fight for Joy.

"Prayer is the Work, then God works" ~Pastor Vance Pitman, Hope Baptist Church

"When did busyness become the badge of Honor that it is?...Tell me that when asked 'How are you?' You all ways respond, 'Busy.' When did that become the mark of success?" ~Matt Chandler, The Village Church

"I am in shape...round is a shape!" ~Garfield the Cat

Life's a lemon and I want my money back ~Meatloaf

Firehawk

View Profile
it should be NO ASIAN CHRISTIAN DATING SITE FOR FREE
Posted : 1 Apr, 2011 11:34 AM

Hi Maya, welcome to the site. I understand where your coming from, but you might be misunderstanding what they are saying. Since this is a dating site, they are letting readers know what they want and don't want, using all caps to emphasize that. I doubt that they actually hate Asians and Filipinos (at least most of them). They are probably just tired of getting messages from them.

Though this brings up a question I like to ask you. Why are there so many of your co-Filipina's looking outside their country for a match?

Page : 1 2 3