Author Thread
aporia

View Profile
Why do you disappear?
Posted : 30 Dec, 2010 12:22 AM

twosparrows -

Shoot, I have the "no call in 3 days, # delete" rule :) my boys are AWESOME and the guys that have met them think so and go out of their way to tell me without being prompted. My ex is a non-issue as he doesn't even know where we live or have our contact info. He's certifiably insane and doesn't remember he was ever married or has kids most of the time . . . looooooooooong story. I raised my boys without a dad and they are old enough now not to cling on to a man wanting a father figure, but young enough to appreciate that kind of connection.

rainbowian-

I do write such a thing if I'm in a back and forth email conversing situation, it's the polite thing to do. I am bad and don't always reply to every initial email I get, but really I can't make online chatting take up as much time as a part-time job, can you?

mmwiseguy-

I've only initiated contact twice in my entire life because I REALLY wanted to meet them, I do believe that a man has that innate need to pursue and loses interest without, however silly it is.

:dancingp: sorry, just love that dancing pickle!

aporia

View Profile
Why do you disappear?
Posted : 29 Dec, 2010 04:54 PM

Lol, ok, for all the lazy men out there that find it unbearable to type another word here is something for you to copy paste and send in your emails:

Dear (insert name here),

It was nice to correspond with you, however I'm just not feeling a connection and would like to wish you the best in your search.

God Bless,

(your name here)

:goofball:

aporia

View Profile
Why do you disappear?
Posted : 27 Dec, 2010 07:39 PM

No worries, I'm starting to think it's just that everyone lives so far away it becomes pointless (for those of us with strong roots to our areas). Probably going to join the secular site again since we usually meet face to face after a couple of conversations - and there are Christian men there too :)

aporia

View Profile
Why do you disappear?
Posted : 27 Dec, 2010 01:14 PM

I guess I should clarify that I would never consider anything online an actual relationship unless I met them in person because you can click writing and talking on the phone, meet in person and nothing's there.

Ugh, I wish I could meet people other than online but I work out of my house and most of my friends moved so unless I meet someone at the gym, church or the grocery store my options are pretty limited.

aporia

View Profile
Why do you disappear?
Posted : 27 Dec, 2010 11:05 AM

I'm just curious from a man's perspective -

I've been finding the men I date online for years, usually on secular sites and was super happy to find this one because finding someone of a similar faith is the number one pre-requisite in my book. I'm running into a new situation that seems to be becoming a trend. You email back and forth many times with someone that seems genuinely interested in getting to know you and then they just stop. I guess in past experience and with me personally, I have always emailed men I'm conversing with to let them know if I have met someone else and vice versa, wish them luck and say goodbye. So, if you have pulled the disappearing act, why did you do?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

aporia

View Profile
Denver Broncos!
Posted : 27 Dec, 2010 10:52 AM

My brother and dad are and always will be no matter how frustrated they get. Now if you had said Avalanche, Mammoths or Eagles I would have said YES! Lol, I know, those aren't football

aporia

View Profile
Anyone from Colorado?
Posted : 3 Dec, 2010 09:23 AM

I am :dancingp: