Author Thread
Aservantsheart^

View Profile
how can two walk together unless they agree?
Posted : 1 Dec, 2014 06:58 PM

Hi, Aurora

Thank you for sharing such an intimate part of your life experiences with us. I really enjoyed reading your story.

Lisa

Aservantsheart^

View Profile
What's the harm in dating a non-believer?
Posted : 12 Nov, 2014 08:14 PM

I have seen my brothers and sisters in Christ date unbelievers and have admitted the mental and spiritual strain it has caused in their lives. An unbeliever does not have a personal relationship with God (Has not accepted Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord) and their therefore, cannot understand fully the things of God, pray to God (God does not have to give special attention to the prayers of an unbeliever) is limited, and spiritual encouragement to the Christian will most likely be absent since the unbeliever does not possess the Holy Spirit and thus is very limited to what he or she can do for the believing spouse or significant other. Anyhow, the Bible provides us with many accounts of Israel's spiritual adultery with other pagan nations and as a result, Israel had gone into captivity and suffered God's judgment for being disobedient. 2 Corinthians 6:14 clearly tells genuine Christians to not yoked themselves with an unsaved or an unbeliever. Although this is a good question, I don't think this question deserves any rationalizations. What God says goes and if anyone goes against His commandments expect to experience a lot of pain and hurt. Bottom line: Do what God says and don't question His Word. Psalm 119:60 Like the Nike commercial says, "Just do it!"

Aservantsheart^

View Profile
A BIG hello from Detroit, Michigan!
Posted : 16 Jun, 2011 07:46 AM

Thank you Becca for the warm and friendly greeting! Lisa

Aservantsheart^

View Profile
A BIG hello from Detroit, Michigan!
Posted : 13 Jun, 2011 08:25 PM

Hi, my name is Lisa and would love to have a nice conversation with other Christians. Thanks for reading my message. :-)

Lisa