Author Thread
NarnianGirl

View Profile
Hate the sin, love the sinner according to Scripture
Posted : 2 Jun, 2023 02:17 PM

Amen homelesschristian.

very true words..

Sometimes the best things to do is to move on.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
Let's notice who's going to Bash Charismatics on here
Posted : 2 Jun, 2023 04:29 AM

Bless you Streetevangelist for not dissing the gifts of the Spirit for their misuse... :)

We don't need to throw away the child with the bath water..

I'm also fed up with 'Charismania', which often had nothing to do with real gifts, just a show and glitter.

In my experience, the lines between Pentecostal (denominational or non-denominational) movement and Charismatic Movement have been blurred.

Of course, God still does wonders and answers prayers. We are told to seek and ask. When He answers, it causes a deep fear and reverence towards Him. No human should take the credit..

NarnianGirl

View Profile
Please Stop Saying — “God Told Me”
Posted : 23 May, 2023 06:31 AM

I know people, who are totally non-Charismatic, caessationist, and would recoil in horror to ever say 'God told me'..

They use other expression instead.. 'God laid it on my heart'

Meaning, they believed God had called them to do something specific, and they proceeded by faith to obey.

One such lady (from the US) was my flatmate once. From a very anti charismatic denomination. Still she was able to proceed and do some unusual courageous things in a dangerous country...

What matters, is not what language we use, The point is we obey and follow God's leading by faith.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
what's the point of even bothering?
Posted : 23 May, 2023 05:04 AM

FDCWillard, that's the best approach.. ask your Father to send you the one (and you to her)

That's what I suggested in the other thread, and you were kinda sceptical..

Yes, it does take faith, but many of us have realised that our own tastes, preferences and desires can be misleading.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
Guys never show interest in me, what could be the reason
Posted : 23 May, 2023 04:59 AM

You are 100% right about that.. men often are intimidated by ladies they find attractive.

So it happens in America too.. land of the free and brave.. that is a comfort.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
Posted : 22 May, 2023 05:35 PM

Not wanting to bash Christian men .. but I have come across some who have very strong theological doctrinal convictions and conservative political views.. and they don't see anything wrong with some sex talk etc...

There's someone I have known just as a brother (nothing romantic from my side), and all of the sudden, he tells me he's busy video chatting with a non-Christian woman

Someone apparently not too prudish.

... Had he talked with a Christian woman, I would have been happy for him... but nope.

This supposedly a mature Christian, decades in the faith.

Some people - men and women - don't let their beliefs bother them too much, if they want to enjoy some 'forbidden fruit' for entertainment and ego boost...

NarnianGirl

View Profile
Posted : 22 May, 2023 05:28 PM

Yeah. Not worth it...

(even though I have heard some Christians meeting even at secular sites... not something I'd ever try.)

NarnianGirl

View Profile
Posted : 22 May, 2023 04:54 PM

Wow.

Sorry to hear.. nude pics, yikes.

(something that too many men are willing to provide, too! does someone really think it makes them look more appealing as a potential spouse?)

Sounds like you need to expand your horizons and look elsewhere, outside your exact location..

NarnianGirl

View Profile
Posted : 22 May, 2023 04:32 PM

I'm sure many ladies of your age group are thinking the same..

'Where are all the men, who can communicate and are willing to build a relationship?'

That has been the question of Christian women as long as I have been one. All around the world.

It is not any better with the men of my generation (40-50+).. In the last ten years, I have known a handful of dudes who were able to relate to ladies as human beings & sisters in Christ. and actually have a friendship.

I do get it that social anxiety is a common problem, and seems to be getting worse. Still, it does make things very challenging.. as a woman I cannot keep on carrying the man on my shoulders, he has to have his own backbone and ability to do his part to build a connection. The natural ebb and flow.

So sorry to hear it is hard in your area. Keep on asking, knocking and seeking...

NarnianGirl

View Profile
What about Online church !
Posted : 18 May, 2023 02:11 PM

Many churches have Zoom meetings too, thanks to Covid-19.

It's not the same as meeting 'in person', but technology does help people to connect.

I have a church I consider my home, and they have a very active on line presence... The Lord laid it on their heart that due to oncoming persecution, they need to be ready to reach people through digital means.

They're based in NYC, but draw people from all around the globe.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10