Author Thread
mhyslip

View Profile
Reasons that guys stop talk with girls
Posted : 20 Oct, 2022 05:14 PM

If a conversation is one sided then I walk away. If there isn't enough interest on both sides to keep it going then it's time to move on.

As mentioned, there are plenty of scams. As soon as something looks like a red flag then it's time to take a step back and look deeper.

If a conversation is stale and no real life to it, then I move on. I know some people don't always communicate well over text like this, but it has to start somewhere. If it isn't worth the effort here, then a deeper connection won't be worth it either so it's time to cut my losses at that point.

If someone just seems weird and out of place with messages then there could be a language barrier without realizing that was the problem, or a scammer, or someone who needs to deal with some healing on their own instead of thinking a relationship will be the path to healing.

mhyslip

View Profile
I got a question for men
Posted : 20 Oct, 2022 05:10 PM

All relationships require communication. Even bad communication is good, because the practice leads to better communication if that is the goal.

If there's no real talk about the real feelings, hopes and dreams, then there won't be a real connection. It also takes some serious vulnerability at some point on both sides of a relationship to connect deeper than just surface conversation. Many people aren't willing to do this, and relationships won't grow past that point until it changes.

mhyslip

View Profile
How would you have responded?
Posted : 20 Oct, 2022 05:07 PM

Sometimes there is just no interest, or there are other issues even if there is an interest and they're issues that are bigger than a relationship. Some connections are just simply friendships. Some grow beyond this. Some guys simply won't hit on a friend if they feel there is no mutual connection beyond a friendship and choose to go down the path of respect.

It never hurts to ask, providing you're truly accepting and interested in an honest answer even if it isn't the one you're wanting.

mhyslip

View Profile
Honesty
Posted : 24 Apr, 2020 02:01 PM

Just a personal perspective for anyone who reads through this topic -

Be you. There's no one else to be, and even if you feel a bit weird with it, it will help filter out those who aren't a match anyways.

Whenever I send a message I try and make it personal to respond to specific things on people's profile. I want them to know that I read it, and that it's a factor in responding. If someone doesn't have a picture, or just says "just ask", then I'll assume they aren't really serious and I move on. I have better things to do than guesswork :)

You don't have to give a life story, but at least some basics to give people a general idea of what is important to you, and hopefully your interaction with others will give the same. If you're not comfortable with who you are then it will be difficult to expect someone else to be as well.

As mentioned above be mindful of scammers, or those just looking for some sort of hook up. Believe in yourself and know you're better than that.

mhyslip

View Profile
Do looks matter for Christian men?
Posted : 20 Apr, 2020 05:16 PM

Looks matter, but they also fade over time as with all people. What also matters is confidence, character, communication, kindness and other such traits.

We are all visual people just as much as we are emotional and spiritual. Being 'hot' doesn't automatically mean attractive any more than 'not' being hot means unattractive. People all have preferences, and things either click with someone or they don't - at least on one level or another. I may look at someone and think "you're really cute", and read their profile and something just really doesn't click or makes me think "this isn't what I'm looking for". Attraction is always multi-layered and it's very difficult to put very many of those layers here other than photos. It also takes time to get to know people, and conversation is a pretty big part of that.

Someone may be one of the most physically attractive people out there, but if they can't hold a conversation, carry immaturity like a cloak, seem manipulative or any number of things then they may be instantly unattractive to anyone.

Just be you. You'll at least filter out (some of) those who aren't taking you serious in the first place, and hopefully left with conversations that are more likely to flourish. Let your heart and soul sing, see what it resonates with.