Author Thread
DanielleJoy1228

View Profile
control freak or jut jumping to conclusions?
Posted : 12 Jul, 2012 11:11 PM

I understand where both of you are coming from (but this is getting a little out of hand). I have a rather sarcastic personality myself and can get misunderstood and that can hurt, this unhealthy though.

People have characteristics that they look for in a marriage partner and friends that they know works well with their own characteristics. There is no real point in getting offended about someone not investing in a relationship that they think won't work out or may even be unhealthy. Just because you are feelings are hurt it doesn't mean that you should talk about them behind their backs and say how their faith is shallow and they are not true christians because they didn't automatically assume that just because you sent them a one line reply that everything should be flowers, and hearts and work out great.

I'm sorry that you are discouraged and that you may feel attacked. As for some advice, which is what you were originally asking for, I would be more careful about how the things that you say come across. You sound very bitter and people feel like they will constantly have to emotionally support someone who is negative or self-pitying all the time and they get drained. I was in a relationship with a person like that and I couldn't handle it. I felt like all the happiness was sucked out of me and I am not doing that to myself again.

Keep in mind that everything you post on the internet is permanent, good or bad, so you really have to be sure that you are behind your words 100% because they can never be taken back. My personal challenge to myself (and now to you) is to treat every word that I say or write as if it will be written in permanent marker on my body, "is this really what I want people to see when they see me?" ...it's a work in progress. Good luck.

God bless,

Danielle

DanielleJoy1228

View Profile
Dead conversations
Posted : 22 May, 2012 08:02 PM

Sometimes it's just that you can tell that the other person is losing interest. The replies are no longer witty banter and are getting shorter and shorter. I'm not going to keep after someone who could care less.

DanielleJoy1228

View Profile
No baby? But in your picture...
Posted : 22 Apr, 2012 08:54 PM

Most cases if they say they don't have a child then the baby is a niece/nephew or the child of a friend. A LOT of guys have pics of them with children too. It's kind of the general "look, I'm good with kids, consider me" thing.

DanielleJoy1228

View Profile
Angry/short tempered guys
Posted : 8 Mar, 2012 12:27 PM

The way I see it: An assertive person is someone who asks you do do something and explains why and an aggressive person just demands that you do it.

DanielleJoy1228

View Profile
loyalty or romance?
Posted : 8 Mar, 2012 12:15 PM

Loyalty. What good is romance when he belongs to people other than God and you?

DanielleJoy1228

View Profile
Winks? Cheezy, though to the point?
Posted : 17 Oct, 2011 10:53 PM

How about the reverse? If a girl winks at a guy is she being considered too forward, brash, loose etc.?

DanielleJoy1228

View Profile
Being offended by getting Favorited, and the Ethnicity question.
Posted : 9 Apr, 2011 04:30 PM

I get a little bit miffed when I have never talked to the person before but not over ethnicity.

DanielleJoy1228

View Profile
My top 10 break up lines
Posted : 8 Apr, 2011 09:48 AM

(for guys) Would you like to meet my last girlfriend? Really, its no problem, she's still chained up in my basement.

You deserve someone so much better than me, and I've found her. Let me introduce you.

I really like you, but my parole officer doesn't.

Being with you is like babysitting.

DanielleJoy1228

View Profile
What is romance?
Posted : 3 Apr, 2011 07:09 PM

I like the little things. Someone who, when they come up next to me while I'm talking to someone, will put their hand on my lower back (the melty thing). Maybe he helps me by chopping vegetables for me while I'm cooking dinner or puts something funny or sweet in my lunchbox to make me smile. Stuff like that.

DanielleJoy1228

View Profile
What do you dislike about men?
Posted : 31 Mar, 2011 08:16 AM

When they put you down to make themselves feel better or try to one-up you all the time. For crying out loud let us win once in a while! Also when they look like a homeless person. Shave or trim but don't look like a bush.

Page : 1 2