Author Thread
Patrickfar

View Profile
Meant To Be But Not Meant To Be Together
Posted : 25 Jul, 2020 04:53 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger though. Be grateful that it didn't work, perhaps being with this person would have brought greater pain than joy, maybe Jesus is protecting your heart.

Again I don't know, but remember "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

This situation will turn out for your advantage. Be encouraged!!!! Always.

Patrickfar

View Profile
Family
Posted : 25 Jul, 2020 04:50 PM

Theory is easy, application is hard. Carrying one's cross and denying oneself during a marriage is essential. I would say the problem lies in truly dying to self and living for Christ. Denying oneself means denying your "rights" for respect in a marriage as a man, that's not easy, but Christ loves us that way, whether we respect or disrespect Him doesn't change who He is - HE IS LOVE. Becoming love is simply a result of being loved by Christ and having close intimacy with Him. Again, counseling goes a long way and having a mentor also helps men tremendously to keep going on that narrow path.

Again, I'm not an expert, those are just my 2 cents.

Patrickfar

View Profile
THE QUESTION OF SHYNESS.
Posted : 25 Jul, 2020 04:46 PM

You made some good points. It depends on the age of the guy and how he was raised.

If the man did not have a father figure growing up, or hasn't developed as a man (his character and confidence), then in my opinion he should be mentored by a man of God, get into a physical sport and grow in grace and courage.

Are some men shy? I would say, perhaps some men are scared to be rejected - which is a reflection of pride and lack of love. They need to grow in Christ and self.

A man has to like a lady a lot for it to work... well yes, I suppose so, especially with all the effort involved in a long distance relationship.

Patrickfar

View Profile
Who you date more than one woman at a time ?
Posted : 25 Jul, 2020 04:43 PM

I can speak for myself. Here I define "date" as showing romantic interest in a person. I would not do that with more than one person. I am not buying sneakers at a store and trying them on, these are precious human beings and I ought to have integrity and not send "heart icons" to more than one at a time.

Getting to know or meeting others (if I am single and nothing has become exclusive) is not wrong as long as it remains platonic.

At least that's how I go about it.

Patrickfar

View Profile
defination of attractive
Posted : 25 Jul, 2020 04:39 PM

Attraction is 2 sided: inside and outside.

Inside: if she is humble, kind, loving, self-less, family oriented and has a sense of humor, that's attractive to me.

Outside: she has to have a beautiful, joyful face. In my opinion, a body can be fixed, if she is overweight, she can lose the weight with sports and nutrition (not a factor).

Patrickfar

View Profile
Interracial Dating
Posted : 25 Jul, 2020 04:37 PM

I don't view interracial dating as anything other than "dating". God does not look at appearances, but at the heart. Now, I do find certain persons more attractive (face) than others, but that does not mean that they behave like the woman of God I want.

Conclusion: A woman's behavior, how she carries herself with grace and truth in Jesus, this is what makes her beautiful to me. However, a woman also, just like a man, cannot be negligent nor vain when it comes to her appearance. Grooming oneself without being vain is also necessary.

Patrickfar

View Profile
A QUESTION TO THE MEN
Posted : 25 Jul, 2020 04:34 PM

Of course, if I feel peace with the person I am speaking to (as in I have prayed about it, asked her all the questions I need to get to know her), then yes, my effort will be proportional to how much we get along and grow in our relationship.

Patrickfar

View Profile
defination of attractive
Posted : 10 Jul, 2020 04:07 PM

I follow Christ, so what I find attractive is a woman that follows Him too. Someone who spends time with Jesus starts to act and speak like Him (she is humble, loving, caring, sweet, intelligent and the countless other characteristics of the Holy Spirit).

When it comes to the physical what I can say is this, be the best YOU, you can be. Remember, you are beautiful to God.

If a person can lose a few pounds, why not lose them? Take care of your health, after all, your body is the temple of God and in case you have kids, don't you want to be healthy to take care of them, of course you do.

Patrickfar

View Profile
Do looks matter for Christian men?
Posted : 10 Jul, 2020 04:01 PM

Yes. If a woman has a beautiful face that shines with joy it's attractive.

Of course, a physically attractive woman without Christ is an empty shell of what she could have been and thus completely filtered out in my book and unattractive.

If a man or woman can do something to improve their appearance without it becoming vanity, then why not. After all, our bodies are the temple of God and we are to love others as we LOVE OURSELVES, neglecting our health is not loving ourselves.

Patrickfar

View Profile
Why continuing to message?
Posted : 10 Jul, 2020 03:57 PM

If a woman doesn't respond when I send her a smile, I don't send any more messages. If she does, I move forward as I have many times.

For several reasons, she could not be interested: distance, not her type, not her age range, she just found someone else she is interested in, etc, etc...

Why would anyone want to try to "convince" someone to be interested in them, they either are or aren't.

Page : 1 2