Author Thread
Sheena19

View Profile
The Shack By Young
Posted : 12 Aug, 2011 07:51 PM

LOVED it; it was so inspirational. Didn't know about any of the controversy until after I read it, so I went into it with an open mind and finished it with an open heart. It's an amazing read.

Sheena19

View Profile
Punk/Ska/Hardcore?
Posted : 12 Aug, 2011 07:40 PM

Totally with ya. But trust me, if you look hard enough, you'll find what you're looking for. I found a whole world of Christian music of all genres. Now, I can listen to punk, metalcore, alternative, and every other genre of music with a message w/out it having to repetitive. (Some sites that might help: tvu.com, jesusfreakhideout.com, toothandnail.com)

Sheena19

View Profile
There should be a tread on here for poetry! Here is some of mine.
Posted : 12 Aug, 2011 07:32 PM

By Grace, Be Still

My heart is searching for its purpose

I try to force my eyes, but His will hides under the surface

O, spiritual ignorance! Where does intelligence dwell?

My mind hasn't the answer, yet it persists to tell

Is my discernment poor, or is my flesh to blame?

Does my patience want to wear thin, or is it just Satan's game?

He plagues my intuition so that I doubt and wonder

With daily dead ends, he drives my thinking to squander

After that, I tend to focus, on selfish blessings

With precious hours spent on foolish nothings

This fragile imagination, he toys with efficiently

Can sometimes be so shallow, that it's near transparency

Quiet noises and confusion so compel my eyes to roam

Though it is all a delusion, my thoughts mull over a future home

Neither productive nor practical, my standards set on high

Until reality strikes me down, then, sobriety is my cry

I seek clarity and connection, for I deeply desire maturity

But I drift right pass the signs in the sea of obscurity

O, Lord, my God! if You grant this in Your will

I beg that my spirit finds the course and stays still

Sheena19

View Profile
Christian / Secular music
Posted : 12 Aug, 2011 07:26 PM

Dude, all I have to say is, you're missing out. Trust me, I had the same problem. I just googled Christian artist and found a world of artist that I never even heard before. I looked up Christian versions of my favorite artist back in the day like, Avenged Sevenfold, Paramore, 30 Seconds To Mars, We Are Scientist, etc. I have a very broad taste in music, and I thought that I would never be able to give up my secular music. But there's a lot Christian artists out there that are on the same radio stations, music programs, and billboard charts as the secular artists, you just don't notice them b/c there isn't a choir singing in the background lol.There's sites like JesusFreakhideout.com, tvu.com, and other Christian music sites that might help. Or you could google Christian artists by genre. Oh yeah and Youtube is a really good source. I just listened to a couple of different artists w/ an open mind, then after I started to find artist that I was actually into, I started to find other artists that I liked by checking out similar artists and music (sorry for artists so much lol). Hope this helps:)

Sheena19

View Profile
Why I will never have a girlfriend...
Posted : 12 Aug, 2011 07:04 PM

That is so true, and the sad part is that guys reply in silence just as much as the girls on here do; It's happened to me plenty of times. I get winked at and messaged all the time and can be having a a great conversation, and won't here from them again without any warning. It aggravates me a little b/c I also like to have closure, but I've learned to get over it.

Sheena19

View Profile
Books worth reading...
Posted : 5 Jul, 2011 07:22 PM

Seaside Letters- Denise Hunter

A Bride Most Begrudging- Deeane Gist

The Shack- William Young

Sheena19

View Profile
Wink But No Message?
Posted : 5 Jul, 2011 07:18 PM

I usually ignore them unless they come with a message. I see winks as a guy thinking that I'm cute and is interested in me, when it comes with a message. But without a message, it just seems like he wants to flirt. But I don't really know how to respond to a wink other than a view of the profile.

Sheena19

View Profile
Recipes....lets share.
Posted : 6 May, 2011 10:54 AM

Hmmm, sounds good....I think I'll try that one.

Sheena19

View Profile
Thor
Posted : 6 May, 2011 10:44 AM

Has anybody else seen Thor yet, and if so, has anyone seen it in IMAX? I just saw it last night in IMAX last night, and it was BEYOND amazing. It really reminded me of the pop up children's books I use to read when I was kid. I was expecting the movie to be good, but it surpassed my expectations to the nth degree! I think I might go see it again.