Author Thread
StandingOnTheRock

View Profile
what are you praying for?
Posted : 15 Nov, 2011 07:36 PM

I'll be praying for you rose. Sorry about the typo, ("I'm so glad that we not only able to pray to the great God of the Bible but that He actually cares about what we have to say.") should be ("I'm so glad that we not only ARE able to pray to the great God of the Bible but that He actually cares about what we have to say.").

StandingOnTheRock

View Profile
what are you praying for?
Posted : 15 Nov, 2011 07:14 PM

We all ought to be praying for people in places of power that God has put there (whether we like/approve of them or not). We need to be praying for our missionaries (truly living by faith for Christ) and not neglecting our own personal mission fields. We need to be praying for the sick and dying people in our Churches, the unsaved people in our communities and also other Christians. I constantly pray for an insatiable desire to constantly grow in and serve Christ. I'm so glad that we not only able to pray to the great God of the Bible but that He actually cares about what we have to say. (1Thessalonians 5:17) "Pray without ceasing." A challenge and a blessing.

StandingOnTheRock

View Profile
I get on my knees by:Jaci velasques
Posted : 10 Jul, 2011 11:50 AM

Great song. This is a good practical example of (1Th. 5:17) "Pray without ceasing." because we are to pray to God not only when we have need of intercession or help but to praise God and thank Him when things are going well. Thanks for sharing this.

StandingOnTheRock

View Profile
it should be NO ASIAN CHRISTIAN DATING SITE FOR FREE
Posted : 2 Apr, 2011 11:35 PM

I whole heartedly believe in God's words of doing the right thing without respect of persons. (James.2:1-9). I try to keep an open mind to God's will and allow him to guide my path, sometimes if we box in what we think God can do, we also limit how much he can use/bless us. Even if some people are not looking for a long distance relationship, we should be kind and tender-hearted about it (Eph 4:32) "And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."

. We are brothers and sisters-in-Christ and should act like it. Take care and God bless.

StandingOnTheRock

View Profile
Exercise, Health and Veggies
Posted : 2 Apr, 2011 10:41 PM

I haven't been on in a while, so sorry for the delayed post. Tulip, thanks for telling me about P90X. Now I have to try it some time. What dumbbells did you use for it?

Live, they sound familiar but what are planks? Ha Ha! Thanks for the compliment but I just view myself as a regular guy that tries to keep in decent shape.

paschen81, Live gave a great suggestion of swimming which sounds like it would work best if it is feasible. Using an elliptical or bike might also answer. If your up for it, some push-ups and leg raises could help out too. No one likes feeling hungry but several small meals instead of a few bigger ones will give you more energy and you will feel more full. What I heard is that if you can healthily snack every 2 hours, you will be constantly burning food and have energy. Granola bars and decent cereal are good (I like cliff bars and honey bunches of oats is a decent cereal) and be careful not to eat within 2 hours of going to sleep. I also know what its like to be busy (50 hours a week w/ a 40min. drive, no college this semester though) and I applaud you for your effort. Try to keep in mind that for some people, a full body work out only 2-3 days a week has more effect than individual workouts every day of the work week.

Take care and God bless, I'll pray for your various goals.

StandingOnTheRock

View Profile
Posted : 26 Mar, 2011 02:51 AM

Hey, Tulip89 good article. Did you go through P90X? How was it? I have a friend that used it and really enjoyed it but I seemed to have similar results from continuing to do grind out hearty workouts at the gym using a rotating muscle group isolating schedule for the week. It is tricky to notice size change from biking because you actually use different muscles than you would from running.

If you want to put on size from weight training be sure to use low reps-high weight, this also includes working your abs (10-15 crunches on the decline bench with a medicine ball/plate weight builds a lot more muscle than >100 sit-ups). A lot of reps of low weight ends up being more like a cardio workout. Be sure that you are drinking plenty of water and giving your muscles time to rebuild. Another important thing is to eat some protein within one hour of your workout because your muscles need it to rebuild stronger (there are protein supplements which work well, or even a glass of milk with a peanut butter sandwich will work) . Getting enough sleep is important too. Please also make sure that your technique is correct before you start adding quite a bit of weight.

Live, I'm sort of addicted to coffee too. Coffee really isn't that bad for you if you don't put any creamer or sugar in it. Ha Ha! I also have some other shoulder exercises that use the 85 pound dumbbells for.

I have been fairly busy the last several months and found it easy to put off going to the gym but I really want to start going back to working out regularly weekly (except Sunday). Perhaps it would be nice if we check up on and encourage each other in our goals but remembering that God is our greater goal.

StandingOnTheRock

View Profile
What's your favorite....
Posted : 25 Mar, 2011 04:11 PM

hymn: Amazing Grace, Power in the Blood, Burdens are lifted at Calvary, He's Alive, How Great Thou Art... there are many great ones.

contemporary worship song: Elijah by Rich Mullins

Christian Artists/Bands (top 5): Rich Mullins, Casting Crowns, Kutless, Skillet, Day of Fire

Christian songs to listen to (top 3): Who am I by Casting Crowns, Pride Away by Kutless, I can only imagine by Mercyme

Secular Artists/Bands (top 5): Bob Seger, ZZ top, Tim McGraw, Josh Turner, Kenny Chesney.

Secular songs to listen to (top 3): Long Black Train by Josh Turner, Three Wooden Crosses by Randy Travis, Don't Blink by Kenny Chesney.

Song you sing to in the car: Perhaps not very well but I sing to most of them.

Instrument to play: I used to play the saxophone a long while ago but I pretty much just play the radio now Ha Ha!

Place to listen to music: Anywhere but usually in my truck or at work.

And just for kicks - I really don't use emoticon's.

StandingOnTheRock

View Profile
Posted : 25 Mar, 2011 01:04 AM

Ha Ha! 2 pounds is actually pretty good especially depending on what exercises you are doing. There are some shoulder exercises that I need to use determination on only using the 10 pound dumbbells. Tae-bo? That actually looked a little neat; How was it? Yeah, I agree, water can tend to be a little bland but we are not without hope. There are many powdered drink mix packets (and no not kool-aid ha ha! ) and I think that Lipton even makes tea flavors (citrus, green, raspberry,etc) . The drink mixes are actually pretty good (I even keep a few in my toolbox at work). Hey ladies, be sure to eat vitamins and you might not need to eat as many vegetables. I am really not much of a cook but oatmeal is a fairly healthy meal that I found a few different ways of making it. The traditional way is cook oats, add milk and brown sugar. An alternative is to add peanut butter when you are cooking the oats and when done, then add milk and honey. I realized another way almost by accident, I was camping with a group before and we were making a pot of oatmeal but ran out of milk. A few of us tried using some apple sauce (I know it sound weird) instead and it was actually pretty good. Don't lose hope or be dishearted, I'll be praying for you.

StandingOnTheRock

View Profile
Posted : 24 Mar, 2011 11:12 AM

Thank you for the verse! (Deu 33:25) "Thy shoes shall be iron and brass; and as thy days, so shall thy strength be." Ha ha, are you poking fun at the boots in my picture? Don't worry, I'm just kidding with you. I didn't take the time to study it out but I think it relates to steadfastness and respect (iron and brass).

Hey, thanks for listening to me. What do you enjoy the most about running? Alright, some might think it's kinda corny but when I do exercise I like to think of (Mar 12:30) "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment." I try to love God with all the strength He has given me when I'm at the gym. No matter how strong we think we are, we still need God strength, sometimes even daily.

StandingOnTheRock

View Profile
Posted : 24 Mar, 2011 02:18 AM

I respect your resolution and determination to get in better health/fitness. You look like you are already in pretty good shape but then again God deserves our best.

I enjoy various aspects of fitness and like being in-shape but there are a few verses I like to keep in mind while being involved in it.

(1Ti 4:8) "For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come."

(1Co 6:19) "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?"

When we become saved our bodies become the temple of the Holy Spirit, which we are to use for God's glory but also to treat it well. It is profitable to exercise but we need to keep in mind that our spiritual exercise is more important than our physical one.

My goal is simply to stay in decent shape or perhaps to pack on a little more muscle ultimately to try to be more useful to God. I never really got into running, yeah I do run at the gym but I find biking to be a lot more fun and also easier on your joints. The meat and potatoes of my work out is weight lifting. I would heartily recommend adding even a light weight training to your exercise, you will get even better results. For trying to eat healthy, I have an easy approach. I just try to eat decent foods with some healthy snacks and if I eat unhealthy, I just try to eat in moderation. I hope my $.02 worth helps. I hope your goals succeed, I'll even pray for them.

Page : 1 2